Satsuriku no Tenshi | 305 EPS 839 Watch One Piece Episode 839 English Subbed Online | ZoneAlarm Mobile Security APK Modded
Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alias 1x01 - "Truth to be told" Episode Re-Discussion (aired 09/30/2001)

Quote:
Season 1: Episode 1 - "Truth Be Told"
09/30/2001
Grad student Sydney Bristow discovers that her unique after-school job as an agent for SD-6, a top-secret division of the CIA, holds some deadly secrets that threaten the security of the free world.

Recruited freshman year, the shy Sydney jumped at the chance to add some excitement to her life. Little did she know how great she'd be at espionage. Today Sydney is no longer shy or alone. Boyfriend Danny has just proposed and her best friend Francie couldn't be happier. Her friend Will, however, has to feign happiness, keeping his unrequited love for her to himself.

Sydney's SD-6 partner, Dixon, a devoted family man, warns her not to reveal her secret to Danny, and Sydney knows that SD-6 leader Sloane would not tolerate a breach of security. Even Marshall, SD-6's highly inventive but socially lacking weapons and gadget maker knows that divulging their identities is strictly verboten.

After Sydney tells Danny, he's murdered and her life is spun sideways. She finds that her estranged father, Jack, is also SD-6 and that the group is not part of the CIA, but actually an enemy of the United States. Sydney seeks the aid of the real CIA and is put under the command of operations officer Vaughn, who enlists her as a double agent. Her mission is to complete her cases at SD-6 while reporting her findings back to the CIA. But when Sydney finds out that her father is also affiliated with the CIA, she begins to question where his true allegiances really lie.
Source

From now on we'll be discussing one Alias episode each week. Starting with the pilot , we'll make our way thorugh the seasons.

Take the time to rewatch the episode & share your thoughts on it over here
Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Addicted Fan

This was & still is my favorite episode of the series. I absolutely love the pilot episode, from the dialogue to the directing to the music...it was pretty much perfect in my opinion.
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
sweetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

What to say about 'Truth to be told'? One of the best hours of television ever? The start of a groundbreaking series?

As sweetee already said, from dialgue to directing to music it was just perfect. It draw you in and made you want to see more.

Danny's convo with Jack, Jack coming to rescue Syd in the parking garage & their convo afterwards, Sydney going off to retrieve the artifact, the interrogation sequence, Syd marching into the CIA office afterwards, Jack being the other double agent at SD-6...

At the end of the pilot you want to learn more about Syd, SD-6, Rambaldi... and you better get yourself ready for the rest of the rollercoaster ride named Alias
Old 10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
At the end of the pilot you want to learn more about Syd, SD-6, Rambaldi... and you better get yourself ready for the rest of the rollercoaster ride named Alias
ITA! I totally agree. Its the thing i was going to say. Also we had some many questions we needed asnwering, so the week couldn't come fast enough but lucky for me, I could watch all the episodes in one or not so good. I don't know

Good idea this is btw! I must rewatch this episode again, I know the episode (Since I watched it quite alot) but always good to refresh my memory.

This wasn't my favorite Alias episode but its near the top of the List. It's the episode that got me interested in Alias thats for sure.
NaleyLove04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is the reason I love television so much...

The pilot episode of Alias hooked me beyond words. It made me appreciate the serial so much more and bought a whole different element to television. Family drama, espoionage, romance, drama, action and a strong kick ass chick onto television driving the role of a female in tv to levels it hadn't been before.

The time of the episode and how it was shot on present, flashbacks and then again the present gave a whole new feeling. The storyline was fantastic, acting brilliant and aliases - awesome!

This episode was my sole reason for loving Alias and making me a huge fan
Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, man. Best thing ever.

I really don't have anything specific to say... I've watched it so many times and it never gets old.

What are everyone's fave scenes and quotes?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Excellent idea, Andie

I may have to rewatch the pilot tonight just to discuss it
Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the fight in the parking lot! And how Sydney used the antenna to hurt the guy. I thought that was soo cool. But, man... A freakin' work of art. The episode sucked me in...and I've been obsessed/devoted since.

icon
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I love the fight in the parking lot! And how Sydney used the antenna to hurt the guy. I thought that was soo cool. But, man... A freakin' work of art. The episode sucked me in...and I've been obsessed/devoted since.
The episode helped draw me into the show, too.....

I think I'm going to watch it tonight... again
Old 11-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I especially loved the ending...the way it ended with Jack giving Sydney the cellphone and it just started ringing. It was obvious that was the true beginning to Alias...where Sydney's life changed.

icon
Old 11-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
I especially loved the ending...the way it ended with Jack giving Sydney the cellphone and it just started ringing. It was obvious that was the true beginning to Alias...where Sydney's life changed.

Though I still haven't rewatched the eppy yet, I love the "Dad?" question he pulled up next to her
Old 11-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Classic! "I thought you sold airplane parts!"

icon
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Classic! "I thought you sold airplane parts!"
Yess

And did you just change your avie? I love it
Old 11-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, all this talk about "Alias"...made me want to change my sig/quote.

Also, I am avoiding re-watching the show until I buy that special Rambaldi box in a few weeks! I cannot frickin' wait!

icon
Old 11-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Double Post.

icon
Reply   Post New Thread