Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OT2 Thread #137: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Movies, Music)

Welcome to OT2 Thread #137!

This is the second OT Thread. This thread is about discussing shows, movies, and music. Bring over your opinions on episodes, discuss characters and storylines, movies you're watching, music you're listening to.

Shows Current Everwood Members Watch:

Michelle:
Supergirl, The Flash, Riverdale, The Resident, Chesapeake Shores, Stranger Things, The 100

Betty:
Past: Everwood, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, OTH, Parenthood, Pretty Little Liars
Present: Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Supergirl, The 100, Grace & Frankie, Chesapeake Shores, Graham Norton Show, This Is Us, The Resident, Ozark

Alan (The Crow):
Gotham, Lucifer, Supergirl, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Modern Family, blackish, Lethal Weapon, Arrow, The 100, Superstore, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, Teen Wolf, Scream, Grimm, Baby Daddy, Stitchers, The Good Witch, Chesapeake Shores, Wynonna Earp, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, iZombie, Riverdale,The Haunting of Hill House, The Good Cop, Happy Together, Jack Ryan, Magnum P.I., God Friended Me

Shu/ds44:
Flash, Pitch, Chesapeake Shores, Empire, This is Us, Queen Sugar, JTV, Riverdale,
Brooklyn 99, All-American, Dynasty, Fresh Off the Boat

Sam/stlavin95:
Doctor Who, Shameless, the Walking Dead, the Deuce, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Mayans MC, The Flash, The Gifted, This is Us, American Horror Story, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Mr Mercedes, Supernatural, the Good Place, Titans,
Ray Donovan, iZombie, Daredevil, Black Lightning, Agents of Shield, Iron Fist, the 100, Runways, Cloak & Dagger,
Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Lucifer, Brooklyn 99

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-13-2019 at 07:56 PM
Old 01-03-2019, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
How would you rank your top five Superheroes of all time? What about your top five comic romantic pairings of all time?
Top 5 Superheroes:

1. Spider-man
2. Hawkeye
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Vision
5. Cloak and Dagger

Top 5 Couples

1. Spider-man/Black Cat
2. Scarlet Witch/Vision
3. Peter Parker/Mary Jan
4. Snake-Eyes/Scarlett
5. Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy

I had to struggle with the second list. I don't really have a lot of couples that I 'ship' in comics.

Last edited by The Crow; 01-03-2019 at 09:54 AM
Old 01-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Comic Book Cover of the Day: Barbarella #13 by Yuko Shimizu

Old 01-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt
I am glad for the long break for once because it gives me a chance to finish s2 of Game of Thrones.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

One more season before Netflix cancels it too.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks for the trailer. It looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Top 5 Superheroes:

1. Spider-man
2. Hawkeye
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Vision
5. Cloak and Dagger

Top 5 Couples

1. Scarlet Witch/Vision
2. Colossus/Kitty Pryde
3. Wolverine/Jean Grey
4. Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy
5. Angela/Sera

I had to struggle with the second list. I don't really have a lot of couples that I 'ship' in comics.
Nice list.

Why do you think you don’t have many couples that you ship in comics? Is it because comics change things up a lot?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Comic Book Cover of the Day: Barbarella #13 by Yuko Shimizu

I love this Cover. It is so nicely done. Every detail is perfect. The little rockets are awesome. Love it!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Tftnt
I am glad for the long break for once because it gives me a chance to finish s2 of Game of Thrones.
You’re welcome.

Are you rewatching the series or this is your first time watching?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
^ Thanks for the trailer. It looks good.

Nice list.

Why do you think you don’t have many couples that you ship in comics? Is it because comics change things up a lot?
First up, check out the list again because I completely redid it. I can't believe that I forgot the couples that I added.

I think that I started reading comics at around 6 or 7, and I was still a bit in that 'girls are icky' stage, so I didn't really start connecting romance and comic characters for a long time. Also, it seems like every time a new writer comes in, they break up all the relationships for ones they prefer, so it's hard to keep the love.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
First up, check out the list again because I completely redid it. I can't believe that I forgot the couples that I added.
LOL! When I read your list Peter Parker/Mary Jan immediately plopped into my head. I knew you liked them and thought they were in your top 5.

Quote:
I think that I started reading comics at around 6 or 7, and I was still a bit in that 'girls are icky' stage, so I didn't really start connecting romance and comic characters for a long time. Also, it seems like every time a new writer comes in, they break up all the relationships for ones they prefer, so it's hard to keep the love.
Good reasoning.

Yes, that sucks. It is difficult to hang on tight to comic relationships because of the constant threat of things changing.

Do you remember the first comic you ever picked up and read?
Old 01-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

The first cover I remember is a Spider-man one. The first comic I can remember is an issue of Pep (aka Archie) comics.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
LOL! When I read your list Peter Parker/Mary Jan immediately plopped into my head. I knew you liked them and thought they were in your top 5.
Honestly they should've been #2 or #1.

Quote:
Yes, that sucks. It is difficult to hang on tight to comic relationships because of the constant threat of things changing.
It used to be that Peter/Spidey and Mary Jane was the one constant, and then Marvel decided they wanted their Spider-man single and ready to mingle and erased them from everyone's memory.

I miss the days when I picked up a Spider-man book and saw his relationship with Mary Jane. You never know what's going to happen now. I mean, he even dated Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, for a while.

That's why I like Spider-man: Renew Your Vows. It's set in an alternate universe where Spider-man and MJ are still together, and they have a daughter. It's a lot of fun.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The first cover I remember is a Spider-man one. The first comic I can remember is an issue of Pep (aka Archie) comics.
Nice.

First comic for me was Archie Comics.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Honestly they should've been #2 or #1.
Lol. I thought so.

Quote:
It used to be that Peter/Spidey and Mary Jane was the one constant, and then Marvel decided they wanted their Spider-man single and ready to mingle and erased them from everyone's memory.

I miss the days when I picked up a Spider-man book and saw his relationship with Mary Jane. You never know what's going to happen now. I mean, he even dated Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, for a while.

That's why I like Spider-man: Renew Your Vows. It's set in an alternate universe where Spider-man and MJ are still together, and they have a daughter. It's a lot of fun.
Is there a chance they reunite?

Thankfully there’s an alternate universe!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Ruby Rose's Batwoman gets CW pilot order with Game of Thrones director
Closed Thread   Post New Thread