Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think Riverdale might do a cross over with Sabrina the Teenage Witch that is on netflix or Sabrina might come to the CW. You never know.

I feel the CW needs a good drama like Everwood or Dawsons Creek again to balance out the superhero comic book frenzie.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I think Riverdale might do a cross over with Sabrina the Teenage Witch that is on netflix or Sabrina might come to the CW. You never know.

I feel the CW needs a good drama like Everwood or Dawsons Creek again to balance out the superhero comic book frenzie.
I think they were trying to do that with All American and so far it's not performing that great. I think they went a little too far into the genre territory over the years and now it's hard for them to really go back to basics.
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I think they were trying to do that with All American and so far it's not performing that great. I think they went a little too far into the genre territory over the years and now it's hard for them to really go back to basics.
I agree they are trying to broader their mainstream stories... Life Sentence last season. Now All American. But neither did well in the ratings...

But then, the superhero craze will petter out. Arrow is getting up their in age, and they won't have that many ways to do more... Legends really came back poorly in the ratings... So they might go back to the basics of the soapy teen based soap opera's. They are trying with Riverdale. Sabrina was almost at CW before Netlfix poached it.

Which is why because Roswell New Mexico will have the Romeo and Juliet soapy added with powers, it might do well enough to keep going especially since so many shows are ending this year.

If it can get critical acclaim like Jane the Virgin did. Even better, but so far we have no idea how it will play. But because there are so many openings after this season. That leaves the chances of Roswell New Mexico making it to a second season even better.

I think they will eventually get back to the "Dawson's Creek" type of soap. But it might be awhile.
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

They have cast another Original star. This time as Max and Isobel's adoptive mother. A new name, Ann Evans.

The actress is Claudia Black.

Source: TVline.com

http://tvline.com/2018/10/25/roswel...the-cw-reboot/

Looks like this Max and Isobel have a distant relationship with theiir adoptive parents. Or at least mother. Due to their secret.

Sound like more diffferences from the original series.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I honestly miss shows that were just about...life? Like Dawson's Creek. No supernatural element, no superhero, doesn't revolve around something specific. Just normal drama.

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

It always circles back. So hopefully we'll get more of them. Superheroes are probably closer to the end of their life cycle at the CW. There isn't much more they can do than bring back a Smallville reboot and focus on Superman/Clark Kent.

But right now the more mainstream aren't doing so hot on the CW. But yeah I do miss the more soapy nature of Dawson's Creek. 7th Heaven, those type of shows.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

When is this happening?
Old 11-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

There is still no airdate for Roswell New Mexico. Sometime in January or post that... There is no Olympics to program around, so it could be early enough. Or later. They seem to want it do something. They were promoting it earlier. But then by burying it in the midseason. It really is hard to know how it will do.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

In case anyone was interested in hearing a little bit more about the plans and purpose for the show from the people running it, here are two articles that have video from NYCC. I found them somewhat interesting and gave me a bit of perspective.

http://hiddenremote.com/2018/10/31/...dly-mackenzie/

http://hiddenremote.com/2018/10/31/...chris-hollier/
Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting that!
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here's a couple more interviews from the same site as above, this time with the leads.

http://hiddenremote.com/2018/11/02/...son-interview/

http://hiddenremote.com/2018/11/03/...ons-interview/

I'm having a rough time with these two...
Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

In terms of assumptions of timeslots.

CW announced today that Charmed, Legacies and All American snagged more episodes. With Charmed the only one to get a full season of 22. Legacies and All American got three extra to make it 16 episodes for the season.

Which leads to the assumption Roswell will get slotted once Legacies or All American end for the season. Since they were late out of the gate, that might be a late winter or spring airdate for Roswell New Mexico.

And they also have to slot Jane the Virgin. So who knows. That is my assumption.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
In terms of assumptions of timeslots.

CW announced today that Charmed, Legacies and All American snagged more episodes. With Charmed the only one to get a full season of 22. Legacies and All American got three extra to make it 16 episodes for the season.

Which leads to the assumption Roswell will get slotted once Legacies or All American end for the season. Since they were late out of the gate, that might be a late winter or spring airdate for Roswell New Mexico.

And they also have to slot Jane the Virgin. So who knows. That is my assumption.
So that April airdate that keeps being thrown around COULD actually be legitimate. I know we all thought that sounded late, and it does, but at this point it doesn't seem like the CW knows what to do with their schedule for midseason. Even someone involved in the show mentioned something about it possibly premiering in April, but I was under the impression none of them have even been given concrete information.

It's also interesting to see what shows the network has in development for next season (up to 4 or 5 right now)including a reboot of The 4400 (hailing from CBS TV). They're not losing that many veteran shows this season, so I'm really curious what ends up going to pilot stage/subsequent pick up and what shows end up on the chopping block.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
So that April airdate that keeps being thrown around COULD actually be legitimate. I know we all thought that sounded late, and it does, but at this point it doesn't seem like the CW knows what to do with their schedule for midseason. Even someone involved in the show mentioned something about it possibly premiering in April, but I was under the impression none of them have even been given concrete information.

It's also interesting to see what shows the network has in development for next season (up to 4 or 5 right now)including a reboot of The 4400 (hailing from CBS TV). They're not losing that many veteran shows this season, so I'm really curious what ends up going to pilot stage/subsequent pick up and what shows end up on the chopping block.
CW will have some timeslots available so they will have plenty of possibilities which gives badly rated All American (which does better so far in time shifting) and late arriving Roswell New Mexico a chance to make it to a second season.

Plus they also have on the bench 100, iZombie, new In the Dark or something like that. So they have plenty of shows to slot.

But given they have already started to promo Roswell in the press. I say late winter or early spring, so March or April. It may run into the summer. But they won't want to air it in the summer. So yeah, March or April very likely for Roswell NM.

Nothing so far has catch fire so Roswell NM likely won't be forced into summer.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Star Crossed aired in February 17th, 2014 on Mondays at 8PM.Star Crossed had 13 episodes over all but due to bad ratings and a bad storyline it did not do well.

Speaking of she premieres and ratings here is a Twitter chart with creator and writer Carina Adly MacKenzie that posted on Crashdown .com about the New show.

Carina Adly MacKenzie answeres :faceplam:

I think it's safe to say we will not be staying love in Roswell New Mexico.

Quote:
Roswell, NM – Twitter Q&A – November 3rd, 2018

By Lena • Nov 4th, 2018 • Category: CWRoswellNM, Lead Story

Carina Adly MacKenzie answered fan questions on Twitter yesterday. She wrote: “I’m boreddddd. Anybody have questions?“ Browse through her timeline on Twitter, retweet, reply or check out the transcript below.

http://mobile.twitter.com/cadlymack

Twitter Q&A – November 3rd, 2018

Carina Adly MacKenzie: I’m boreddddd. Anybody have questions?

Zalihe: What was it like working with @paulwesley on Roswell

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Really nice to have an old friend around but don’t tell him I told you that. He’s a super talented director

Paul Wesley: Aww thnx Cadly

Carina Adly MacKenzie: NEW PHONE WHO DIS

robert: What has been your favorite thing about #RoswellNewMexico ?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Getting to work with @possiblyawitch

Eva McKenna: aww

Gary: What’s the biggest difference between the old and new #Roswell? And what’s the most subtle difference that you hope people live?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Adults instead of teens — so they’ve got jobs and lives outside of alien hijinks. I hope people notice the differences between the two Maxes. I loved OG Max Evans, but I’m really proud of what we’ve done with our version.

Ciska: when will Jared Padalecki show up in Roswell?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: In my dreams

Semira: How do you comb through research for a script without totally overwhelming yourself or getting lost?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Research takes the most time. I read that Aaron Sorkin researches for a YEAR before he starts writing. Give yourself the time. You’ll know when you’re ready to write.

Meg Marie: Where is your favorite place to write? Mines a bar on a Sunday.

Carina Adly MacKenzie: On the floor of my office on a weekend when no one is there.

PaulsFaveGay: How many episodes will Roswell NM be this year?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: 13

Jennifer: Any Netflix or book recommendations?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: I’ve just been watching Set It Up over and over.

Megan: May be too late to ask a question, but if you have any other job in the world, what would you choose??

Carina Adly MacKenzie: I want to be a novelist who lives in the woods

Amanda: Have you read any great books lately?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Really loved the new Emily Geffen.

Hannah: Any songs you’re especially loving lately? Love your taste in music so I always like to ask

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Eric Church – Drowning Man

Arrowcycle: How do you manage to be so amazingly talented and cool and still find the time to come here and shut down hate and bull**** posters with such poise and ease. So jealous of your mad twitter skills.

Carina Adly MacKenzie: I spend a lot of time angry-tweeting while walking

rae ann: Fav musician and why?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Adam Duritz. He’s a poet.

BayouBogeyGuy: What’s been the most frustrating and most rewarding parts of being a showrunner?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Rewarding = the actual writing and talking about the script with my collaborators. Frustrating = a LOT. I cry every single day.

Jennifer: How are you planning on celebrating on your Roswell premiere day?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: I will tell you when we find out what the premiere day is!!

Tracy: Do I have to watch the original Roswell to understand the new Roswell?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Ha, no, you’ll probably understand better if you don’t.

Balance510: When you staff writers do you read pilots or specs of existing shows?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Only original stuff, but not just pilots. Plays/stories/etc work too. But not specs.

ALLY: What helps you stay positive when the world is the way it is?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Honestly, I’m not staying positive. Feeling pretty low about the state of the universe these days.

Jennifer: What’s something you wish people understood/knew about you?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: That even though it seems like I share everything on social media, the most important parts of my life don’t get made public.

Jennifer: What’s something you’re really looking forward to right now? Not work related – can be totally simple or mundane or totally monumentally important.

Carina Adly MacKenzie: 2020?

Vanessa: What’s your feel-good TV show?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: The Good Place! Also murder docs

Sinead O’B: Oooh, have you seen A Star is Born yet? I just saw it a couple of days ago and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Cried and cried and cried

JannaJolie: How bad do you miss your vampire witch, werewolf family?

Carina Adly MacKenzie: Not that bad honestly. I see them a lot still.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread