Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

^this shade

Old 11-18-2018, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-20-2018, 04:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
...I have always enjoyed Michael (Trevino) and his acting since Vampire Diaries. So he was the only one who helped me make it through watching the whole pilot when I was at New York Comic Con. Either then that I really wanted to walk out and leave but I stuck it through. I was in the front row as well.

The new Marie feel flat to me. It was like she was trying to hard to be hippie dippie. No personality like Majandra brought to our Maria.

Same with the new Michael. Brendan Fehr was Michael Guerin. This Michael had no rebel without a cause charm. There was no mystery to this Michael. I was not convinced he was a genius as well.

...I loved how our Michael could be tough but vulnerable at the same time. He really did have a heart and cared.

This Michael was all over the place. He was trying to hard.

I also hate how in the reboot their is NO Candy aka Maria and Michael. The Candies made Roswell.

In the new show he gets with Alex.

I cried over that they did to Alex and Isabel. They were SO different.

Basically the characters are not the ones we all grew to know and love!
Thank you so much for 'taking one for the team' and sitting through that crapfest of a pilot. I still hate that they are desecrating the Roswell name and have pretty much ruined the chances that we ever get a continuation of the real show with the original cast, in any form.

Your description of the pilot matches what my intuition about this 'reboot' has been. They changed everything so much, and are lacking everything that made Roswell magic.

They should have just came up with an original series, rather than trying to ride Roswell's coattails. As a rule I avoid ever wishing anything negative for anyone or anything, but I make an exception in this case and hope it crashes and burns very quickly. (The sooner it does, the less it will taint the memory of our beloved Roswell.)
Old 11-23-2018, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

In a lot of ways they had to change things because they didn't have the rights to the original show. But then I don't even know if they tried. Because the show was such a cult hit among those back during those three years, and still. It doesn't have the huge buzz of backlash that Charmed did for rebooting or the backlash over trying to redo Buffy with a new Buffy type character to the point where if it goes ahead, it might end up being a revival or continuation.

So they had change things up. But by saying they are staying true to the original series of books when they aren't even in high school or anymore and it's more keeping names of characters. Sorry, I don't know how they helps...

And then taking out the secondary rooting couple of Maria and Michael. I loved them together. I might be hardcore for Max and Liz but I loved Maria and Michael and to know there is no chance unless Michael is bi-sexual. And they are attempting a whole other coupling.

The actors are talented as I have seen some of their other work. I sort hope it works out for them. But they should have tried to get the right or get Katims on board because I think Katims could do it so much better today even with a revival or continuation than he did it back in the day.

So I am still weary. But I do know they had to change things but they are so radically different than what we love and know.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I saw the New Roswell pilot at New York Comic Con and I tried to go in with an open mind. The script I felt was all over the place. Candice and Julie Plec event said they wanted a Cowboy story.

I understand the Cowboy element but they totally missed the boat on creating the new world for their show. it was so chopped up and characters fell flat. The mythology was not established or made clear as well.

Sometimes I feel reboots don't work. Sometimes shows are better left in the past.

Sometimes shows do work with a reboot like Star Trek you can always get a new crew and mission but the elements are still there to seek out and explore new world to boldly go where no man has gone before.

So that is why it has worked for so many years.

Buffy I don't thing you ever could recreate. However if it is a story about one of the slayers we met at the end of season 7 then I could see it working but not a new girl who's name is Buffy.

You can't redo Buffy it was different and timeless and classic.

If they redo Dawson't Creek then we know they have run out of ideas!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 11-23-2018, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
In a lot of ways they had to change things because they didn't have the rights to the original show. But then I don't even know if they tried. Because the show was such a cult hit among those back during those three years, and still. It doesn't have the huge buzz of backlash that Charmed did for rebooting or the backlash over trying to redo Buffy with a new Buffy type character to the point where if it goes ahead, it might end up being a revival or continuation.

So they had change things up. But by saying they are staying true to the original series of books when they aren't even in high school or anymore and it's more keeping names of characters. Sorry, I don't know how they helps...

And then taking out the secondary rooting couple of Maria and Michael. I loved them together. I might be hardcore for Max and Liz but I loved Maria and Michael and to know there is no chance unless Michael is bi-sexual. And they are attempting a whole other coupling.

The actors are talented as I have seen some of their other work. I sort hope it works out for them. But they should have tried to get the right or get Katims on board because I think Katims could do it so much better today even with a revival or continuation than he did it back in the day.

So I am still weary. But I do know they had to change things but they are so radically different than what we love and know.
Obviously I resent the fact that someone thought a new version was a good idea, but I also resent the fact that they kept claiming that this iteration would be closer to the books. Aside from using the names and some characters, and some basic plot points of book one, this is no closer an adaptation than our version was. On an Instagram Q&A the other night, Carina Mackenzie confirmed as much.

I think fans hoping this would be a more faithful adaptation are in for a rude awakening when they actually sit down and watch it. Yeah you still have the central love story of Max and Liz but now you also have a central murder mystery that Max may have been involved in (or at least knows who was/what happened).

So for me, I'm glad that they couldn't/didn't get the rights to our show. These people would not have done it justice in any way. And this way I still have hope that maybe one day we could still get a revival. This new version might just help ignite that flame some more.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

So true. I think the murder mystery is to put the hidden powers in more of dicey territory. I haven't read much about it, so there might be a lot I am missing. I am hopeful the series once the pilot is done is more decent. Charmed's pilot was bad, but the series is getting better. So, it could happen now.

As long as you know going in that it's a very different creation. Of course those who have come to show since 2002 when the show ended might be better viewing of it than hardcore fans who rode out those three years.

Must say the reimagining is refueling my fanfiction desire to write. I am bursting with ideas of our version. For so long the writers block kept me away, but I have so many idea's and stories I should be working get pushed back LOL.

So, I credit the RNM for one thing. Making me love our version even more...

Now I worry about the new version.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
So true. I think the murder mystery is to put the hidden powers in more of dicey territory. I haven't read much about it, so there might be a lot I am missing. I am hopeful the series once the pilot is done is more decent. Charmed's pilot was bad, but the series is getting better. So, it could happen now.

As long as you know going in that it's a very different creation. Of course those who have come to show since 2002 when the show ended might be better viewing of it than hardcore fans who rode out those three years.

Must say the reimagining is refueling my fanfiction desire to write. I am bursting with ideas of our version. For so long the writers block kept me away, but I have so many idea's and stories I should be working get pushed back LOL.

So, I credit the RNM for one thing. Making me love our version even more...

Now I worry about the new version.
Well there's a silver lining! Get writing, get those stories out!
Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Since I haven't seen the reboot it's been interesting reading your guys thoughts.

I couldn't imagine it being anything but annoying
Old 11-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I am glad we all have a thread to vent or talk about this topic.

Speaking of our fandom a new documentary came out about Fandoms called United We Fan and they mention Roswell and the Tabasco sauce champaign. The movie will be out on DVD and on VOD very soon!

I can't wait to watch this and remember the good old days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYvUdiWLNGg

Old 12-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

The first official promo has been released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCProgQNP0

It literally looks like the typical CW promo and I'm not sure that's a good thing. It seems like it will be so easy to completely miss if you're watching the network and it's only when you're actually looking for it that you may notice. I'm also still curious just how much they'll promote this show. I'm still not that convinced that it'll get the same type of push as Charmed or Legacies. We'll see

They're pushing the chemistry and the love story really hard in this one and I'm still not seeing this insane chemistry everyone was talking about. Could just be me though? Maybe I expect too much.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Ugh, can't tell much from that promo - I'm not seeing the chemistry either, but I guess some dialogue would help.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Ugh, can't tell much from that promo - I'm not seeing the chemistry either, but I guess some dialogue would help.
I mistakenly thought the promo would just be more. More of an identity, more of a hook. I'm actually kinda glad it was lacking on the dialogue, that was one of my issues with the Comic Con trailer

Also, sorry my post up there double posted! Feel free to delete one of them!
Old 12-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Oops I didn't even notice, thanks!

Old 12-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Trust me there is no isane chemestry between Max and Liz in this reboot. No matter how hard they try they are not Jason and Shiri. There are no insane chills you get while watcing this Max and Liz. They try too hard.

I also hate how we have no candy. I miss the off the carts chemestry between Brendan and Majandra in this new show.

i saw the pilot at NY Comic Con and all they went on in the panel was about the chemestry. Non of my Roswell friends that I was with saw it. We were like what are they taking about.

The love story is so forced.

Oh and might I add that nothing will beat the Roswell fire promos we had!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ6mYUp9pLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOSvbZFPkmw

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 12-09-2018 at 09:48 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread