Old 08-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Outlander S&S #3 "Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”

Outlander
Spoilers & Speculations
STARZ Series

Season 3 - Voyager
A STARZ Original Series
"Book Three” will be based on the third of the eight books in the Outlander series, entitled Voyager, The third season of Outlander picks up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank.

Meanwhile, in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the historic battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire. As the years pass, Jamie and Claire attempt to make a life apart from one another, each haunted by the memory of their lost love.

The budding possibility that Claire can return to Jamie in the past breathes new hope into Claire’s heart… as well as new doubt. Separated by continents and centuries, Claire and Jamie must find their way back to each other. As always, adversity, mystery, and adventure await them on the path to reunion. And the question remains: when they find each other, will they be the same people who parted at the standing stones, all those years ago? (source)

"Outlander" follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

The "Outlander" series, adapted from Diana Gabaldon's international best-selling books, spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure into one epic tale. From Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore, "Outlander" -

main cast
Claire played by Caitriona Balfe
Jamie Fraser played by Sam Heughan
Black Jack Randall played by Tobias Menzies
Frank Randall played by Tobias Menzies

Colum MacKenzie played by Gary Lewis
Dougal MacKenzie played by Graham McTavish
Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser played by Duncan Lacroix
Geillis Duncan played by Lotte Verbeek
Roger Wakefield played by Richard Rankin
Brianna Randall played by Sophie Skelton

cast interviews

producers' interviews

production staff interviews

press announcements & news

X

previous threads
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05

Last edited by CityGal; 08-30-2016 at 11:58 PM
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Outlander’ Season 3: Will Lord John Books Be Part Of Starz Series? | TVLine
Quote:
Outlander Boss Dishes Lord John Grey Scoop for Season 3
By Kimberly Roots

Warning: This post contains spoilers for Voyager, the novel on which Season 3 of Starz’s Outlander is based. If ye don’t wanna ken, bail out now.

If you’re an Outlander fan/reader eagerly awaiting one thing in Season 3, that thing is likely the print-shop scene. And if you’re an Outlander fan/reader eagerly awaiting two things in Season 3, the second is probably the arrival of an adult Lord John Grey.

Grey, first introduced as a British teenager caught trying to attack Jamie and his men in Season 2, reappears in Voyager when Jamie winds up in Ardsmuir Prison during the 20 years that he and Claire are separated. Grey is then the governor of the facility, and upon realizing that Fraser is the man he tried to kill (albeit ineffectively) years before, he strikes up an unlikely friendship with the redheaded inmate.

There’s also the not-so-small matter that Grey is a closeted gay man with feelings for Jamie — who does not return them; this becomes a through line as Gabaldon’s novels continue.

But fans of the author’s work also know that Lord John is the protagonist of his own line of books, some of which — such as The Scottish Prisoner — take place during the time period covered in Voyager. So we asked executive producer Ronald D. Moore whether the events of the Lord John novels and novellas might show up in Season 3 of the Starz series.
“Not so much,” Moore said. “John Grey is in the third book, so we’re kind of taking our cues from what is actually in the third book at this point.”

Still, he added: “We’re not averse to it. We just aren’t really bringing in the other novels at this point.”

‘Outlander’ Emmy Snub: Starz Boss Chris Albrecht on Controversy | TVLine
Quote:
In Wake of Outlander Emmy Snub, Starz Boss Slams 'Reductive' Voting System
By Michael Ausiello

Starz CEO Chris Albrecht is not happy that Outlander — and his network as a whole — got the proverbial shaft when Emmy nominations were announced last month.

“I was part of the team that invented how to campaign for Emmy Awards — trust me, it’s not a level playing field,” the exec bemoaned to reporters Monday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “I spent years inside the TV Academy, working it. It took a lot of money, and there’s a certain momentum that goes along with that.

“Having said that, we couldn’t be more proud of the work that’s being done by the people on the shows,” he added. “[Outlander] is award-worthy. Whether it’s an Emmy Award or not is not the point.”

Albrecht wasn’t done yet.

“It’s a very distinct group of people no matter how they try to expand their membership base,” he continued. “I think the TV Academy should be celebrating [this] unprecedented time in our industry. They should be finding a way to platform the diversity, to have something that reflects this expansion and not have what has been…a continually reductive process that ends up with a longer list of losers and the same number of winners.”
Old 08-28-2016, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread

Can we update the OP, please? Like delete season 2 trailers and season 1 interview and just have / start to have season 3 info in there?
Old 08-29-2016, 04:34 PM
MST Manager

I have removed the information as you requested.

Belated thanks for the new thread, Christine.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Looking forward to the new season!
cry pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much Makes it easier to see what's related to the new series

^I know right? me too! 20 years on and then some Frank and Claire

Here's Starz official synopsis:
Quote:
Book Three” will be based on the third of the eight books in the Outlander series, entitled Voyager, The third season of Outlander picks up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank.

Meanwhile, in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the historic battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire. As the years pass, Jamie and Claire attempt to make a life apart from one another, each haunted by the memory of their lost love.

The budding possibility that Claire can return to Jamie in the past breathes new hope into Claire’s heart… as well as new doubt. Separated by continents and centuries, Claire and Jamie must find their way back to each other. As always, adversity, mystery, and adventure await them on the path to reunion. And the question remains: when they find each other, will they be the same people who parted at the standing stones, all those years ago?

Last edited by sourburst; 08-30-2016 at 04:42 AM
sourburst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:44 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the synopsis.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Nikki.

Thanks for the info, Jade and will update the guide later tonight.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you
Old 08-30-2016, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for maintaining the opening post, Christine!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, and updated the OP.

Here's casting news for Lord John
Quote:
Outlander finds its Lord John Grey — exclusive

This casting news should help take away the pain of the ongoing Droughtlander.

EW has learned exclusively that Starz has found the actor who will play the pivotal role of Lord John Grey in the third season of Outlander, premiering in 2017.

Australian actor David Berry will take over as Grey, the former British soldier-turned-Ardsmuir Prison governor who strikes up a dubious friendship with the incarcerated Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan). The third season of Outlander will be based on Voyager, the third novel in Diana Gabaldon’s best-selling series that was published in 1993.

Here’s the official description of Grey by Starz: “He’s a steadfast and honorable British subject, torn between a finely-honed sense of familial duty and a strong moral compass of right and wrong. He is boyishly handsome with an upper class rearing — the consummate gentleman. However, a scandal from his past has relegated Lord John to an undesirable position as governor of a desolate prison in Northern Scotland.”

The third season will pick up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank. Back in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire. Separated by continents and centuries, Claire and Jamie must find their way back to each other.

A newcomer to American TV, Berry is best known for playing James Bligh in the Australian TV show A Place to Call Home. Berry also tours nationally and internationally as a singer with the act Scream and Shout.

Starz has yet to announce when Outlander will return in 2017 — but at least fans can rest assured that it will be around for years to come. Though the drama that also stars Caitriona Balfe was picked up for a third and fourth season, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht told reporters in Beverly Hills last month that the series from Ronald D. Moore “will be around for a long time.”
Outlander casts Lord John Grey | EW.com

Quote:
Outlander Taps Aussie Actor to Play Lord John Grey in Season 3
By Michael Ausiello

Outlander went Down Under in search of Lord John Grey and — success! — they found him!
The Starz drama has cast Australian actor David Berry to play the pivotal role in Season 3, which is slated to bow sometime next year. The cabler describes Lord Grey as “a steadfast and honorable British subject, torn between a finely-honed sense of familial duty and a strong moral compass of right and wrong. He is boyishly handsome with an upper class rearing — the consummate gentleman. However, a scandal from his past has relegated Lord John to an undesirable position as governor of a desolate prison in Northern Scotland.”

It’s there that he crosses paths and bonds with Jamie (Sam Heughan). As TVLine’s resident Outlander expert has previously pointed out, Grey is a closeted gay man with feelings for Jamie — who does not return them.

Relatively unknown to American audiences, Berry’s most high-profile credit is a co-starring role in the Aussie TV series A Place to Call Home.

EW.com first broke the news of Berry’s casting.

Outlander Season 3 — based on Voyager, the third of Diana Gabaldon’s eight books in the Outlander series — picks up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank. Meanwhile, in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the historic battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire.
‘Outlander’ Season 3: David Berry Cast as Lord John Grey | TVLine
Old 08-31-2016, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! I thought it had already been brought over. I apologise for not knowing
Old 08-31-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

David Berry is a handsome fella!
cry pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like i've seen him somewhere before
Old 09-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
David Berry is a handsome fella!
Indeed....