Rico Canadinhas | Assassin’s Creed | 98 Secrets D'Une Victoire FRENCH HDTV 720p 2018
Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Oh man I really liked that one too, but it always seems to pop up on lists of the worst X-Files episodes ever, so I thought I was the only one I thought it was one of the scarier Motw’s they did, it was so menacing when you heard the wheels rolling up behind people
Old 09-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Actually, I liked this one too not sure why it gets a not good rating? Obviously I’m not a good judge of X-Files episodes. And I like other episodes others put down too

I liked Scully’s dilemma and her feelings about it at the end, sharing it with Doggett.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

165th in the all time list of the classic series

Not really a good reason given apart from being the one with the butt genie

He's not a genie.....

Actually says its entertaining

Suffers from being in s8 i reckon. Harsh
X Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

I think it’s just because people found it a silly idea to have a monster that crawled up peoples butts I always heard about it being such a joke for years before I actually watched season 8, so I was pleasantly surprised at just how sinister the actor plays it. The character dilemma for Scully and mention of Mulder is good too, I always preferred the season 8 episodes that brought in something like that, rather than attempting to be straightforward MotW’s
FrellingTralk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's the idea of the squeaking wheels. Clever and simple.

Understated

Then the horror of the autopsy scene

Deep Roy plays it perfectly. Doesn't have to say anything.

Excellent scene in the pool
Old 09-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Yeah, that episode was on the gross side!!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Gift

The One where Doggett actually dies, actually gets buried, actually gets eaten and actually comes back to life.

What a load of crap

But I liked it.

He has to believe everything now. He can never be sceptical ever again. He's just been sicked up in a cave and is sat in Mulder's office trying to write a report on it.

Good atmosphere. Didn't need Scully but missed her. The two lads did well and it was GREAT to see Mulder again.

I am back watching these on Vidio app as 5 Spike have STOPPED SHOWING THE X FILES!!!!!!!! in the middle of s8. Obviously I was the only person recording them at midnight....

Well worth a watch this one. Empathy all over for the monster.

Took me about 1 second not to think Doggett was dead but its still a good scene.

8/10
Old 09-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

yeah, don’t remember this one
Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

So the teaser has Mulder shooting a monster, Scully's not in it. Fox billed it as Mulder's return but it was all flashbacks though DD did film them.

He appeared in ELEVEN episodes of s8 and this is only the 3rd

CC said his absence didn't really affect the show. What planet...?
Old 10-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry I've had a little break

Back with Medusa

The One in the train tunnel with the face eating sea water

This has similarities to Agua Mala in s6. Tonnes of suspense but ultimately a slightly lame and cheap monster who is thwarted by luck more than judgement.

Nice to watch X Files I genuinely don't remember. This ran out of steam and needed a two parter and bigger cast to build the death toll and create more claustrophobia.

Some decent dark atmospheric scenes, could have done with the public being infected and trying to stem the infection. Just not brave enough.

Doggett nearly dies for the second episode in a row.

Not sure how the relationship is going at the moment. They're looking out for each other but she really missed Mulder at the end, you can see it.

She is starting to trust JD and vice versa, but he knows he can't compete with Mulder. It's like Scully worked out the resolution like Mulder would have and that's what gets her.

Big budget spent on the subway apparently.

7/10 good tension. Bit cosy as none of the main cast died in the end.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I don't remember that episode much at all!
beloved of the sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is a common theme with s8......

A man gets on a train. He is attacked by another man and his face is eaten away by what we eventually find out to be a seawater borne chemical.

Doggett goes down the train tunnel to find the killer with a group of people who one by one start to get infected. Doggett eventually too.

More by luck he stops the virus. Scully still doesn't trust him and is quite harsh at stages.

Not a bad ep. Just the resolution was a bit rushed and lame.

These episodes prove a point I made when reviewing s6. That all these experiences could not happen to the same 2 people. The X Files is the group of stories. Mulder Scully and in this case Doggett are just the vehicle and there is no conceivable way of all these things happening to just them.

It's a human story. View it like that and they all stand up pretty well in isolation.

Per Manum

The One where we first meet Knowle Rohrer

See I thought Knowle Rohrer was a s9 villain yet here he is, untrustworthy within 5 minutes of being introduced.

This one is ok but drags and is a bit slow.

These are the new style myth eps. Mulder is back in flashback mode again, giving more snippets away about that toothbrush scene in s7.

I didn't really care about the rest of it. It's a bit boring. The revelations are all it has going for it. In addition to Robert Patrick, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi and Adam Baldwin all of whom are excellent.

Sorry 6/10 only
Old 10-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is Not Happening

The One where Mulder is dropped off. The Return of Jeremiah Smith. The introduction of Monica Reyes.

Yes. Liked it a lot. Kim Manners directed. Good pace. Well planned. Looks like they've got their mojo back for the mythology episodes. Smoking Man isn't needed and has probably run his course by now.

Monica is lovely. Proper fruit the loop but lovely.

Jeremiah Smith's character was always one of my favourites. So calm and unassuming.

Good cliffhanger. This is the episode the mythology needed and s8 needed. Mulder is back and his last chance of survival has just been beamed up. Finch from American Pie bought it.

Scully's treatment of Doggett is appalling and now we start to know why he wants to find Mulder, for his own closure.

9/10. Worth watching.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Deadalive

The One where Mulder comes back to life.

I mean, they buried him for 3 months.....

Classic quote from Way Out West.
Lola "Tell me about Daddy. Is it true that he's dead?"
Stan "Well we hope he is, they buried him...."

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't ring true. It's not remotely realistic. Who cares....I loved it.

Krycek is back. We missed Alex. They could have made him the Super Soldier. Nick Lea deserved more time in the later seasons, only had fleeting episodes and they ran out of ideas for him. Shame. He was brilliant every time.

The plot to make Skinner kill Scully's baby, he won't do it, so he sets out to kill Mulder like he has no choice. Which he didn't.

The Billy Miles shower scene is excellent and the whole reincarnation idea is a good one.

It was tense. Good fight scene with Doggett and Krycek. Doggett left out on a limb with Mulder's return. The audience warming to him and more of this to come.

9/10 Brilliant. S8 is possibly better than s7 for these episodes. Breathing fresh life into the mythology that was much needed.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I like the end scene where Scully reunites with Mulder, very touching!! And I'm not sure Mulder knew that Scully was even pregnant yet! Boy, he was in for a big surprise

This seemed to hint that Doggett liked Scully and then knew his place once Mulder was back.