Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

X-Files Discussion - Top 5 Moments?

What are your top five favorite moments from the show? Not seasons or episodes, but singular moments throughout the nine year run?

I'll come back with mine later

Last edited by JayDeeMac; 07-29-2007 at 12:13 PM
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

In no order whatsoever:

Deep Throat:

DEEP THROAT: A military UFO? Mr. Mulder, why are those like yourself, who believe in the existence of extra terrestrial life on this earth, not dissuaded by all the evidence to the contrary?

MULDER: Because, all the evidence to the contrary, is not entirely dissuasive.

DEEP THROAT: Precisely.

MULDER: They're here, aren't they?

DEEP THROAT: Mr. Mulder, they've been here for a long long time.

I get chills everytime I watch that moment.

Redux II:

The last three minutes of this episode are brilliant. It just amazes me how much happens in such a short period of time! Chills again!

Rain King

SCULLY: Well, it seems to me that the best relationships-- the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.

I think this single statement encompasses the true feelings of Mulder and Scully and is a true testement to how all romantic relationships should be. Love it!

The Sixth Extinction: Amor Fati

MULDER: Scully, I was like you once-- I didn't know who to trust. Then I... I chose another path... another life, another fate, where I found my sister. The end of my world was unrecognizable and upside down. There was one thing that remained the same.

(He holds her face and gazes at her.)

MULDER: You... were my friend, and you told me the truth. Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant... my touchstone.

SCULLY: And you are mine.

Another amazing moment between Mulder and Scully. Sweet, tender and I know it sent us Shippers into a blissful frenzy!

The Truth

SCULLY: You've always said that you want to believe. But believe in what Mulder? If this is the truth that you've been looking for then what is left to believe in?

MULDER: I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us. That they speak to us as part of something greater than us - greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to what's speaking, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

SCULLY: Then we believe the same thing.

MULDER: (whispers) Maybe there's hope.

I cried like a baby. I hadn't watched any episodes of Season 9 (because it is not X-Files without Mulder), but I watched The Truth and cried like a baby at the end. What a powerful statement Mulder makes.

And I would just like to say that I have about a million other "Best Moments" and I think 5 is ridiculously hard to figure out. These are the most POIGNANT moments to me.

This was GREAT FUN!! Can't wait to read everyone elses!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is so hard to narrow them down to five. Those are some great moments JediLaurenMichelle .

The Pilot:

[Scully knocks at the door to the X-Files office]
Mulder: "Sorry, nobody down here but the FBI's most unwanted."
Scully: "Agent Mulder. I'm Dana Scully. I've been assigned to work with you." [Letting herself in]
Mulder: "Oh, isn't it nice to be suddenly so highly regarded. So who did you tick off to get stuck with this detail, Scully?"
Scully: "Actually, I'm looking forward to working with you. I've heard a lot about you."
Mulder: "Oh, really... I was under the impression that you were sent to spy on me."

I always love going back to watch this scene. You can basically tell right away what great characters they are.

Pusher:

Mulder confronts Modell in the hospital ward. Mulder is made to play Russian roulette, in which he turns the gun on Scully.

Memento Mori:

MULDER:.......Scully something was done to you, something that you're just beginning to remember. You can't quite figure it out but it can be explained and it will be explained. And no matter what you think as a scientist or a doctor, there is a way, and you will find it, to save yourself.
SCULLY: Mulder I can't kid myself. People live with cancer. They carry on, and so will I. You know I've got things to finish, to prove to myself, to my family, but for my own reasons.
(they smile, then hug)
MULDER: Come on back. (pause) The truth will save you Scully. I think it'll save both of us.
(Mulder kisses Scully on the forehead, Scully exits down the hall, Mulder takes vial of Scully's ova out of pocket and looks at it thoughtfully)

I love this scene (as well as the whole episode). It's so well written and beautifully acted.

Leonard Betts:

(SCULLY draws her gun and climbs up ladder on side of ambulance to look on top., LEONARD grabs her foot and pushes her in the vehicle.)
SCULLY: Ahh!
LEONARD: I’m sorry … but you’ve got something I need.

This was a What the **** ? moment for me. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

Requiem:

MULDER: No, I've been thinking about it. Looking at you tonight, holding that baby... knowing everything that's been taken away from you. A chance for motherhood and your health and that baby. I think that... I don't know, maybe they're right.
SCULLY: Who's right?
MULDER: The FBI. Maybe what they say is true, though for all the wrong reasons. It's the personal costs that are too high.
(SCULLY begins to cry silently. MULDER whispers gently into her ear.)
MULDER: There so much more you need to do with your life. There's so much more than this.
(He gently strokes her face as she cries.)
MULDER: (whisper) There has to be an end, Scully.
(He softly kisses her cheek and leans his head on her shoulder. SCULLY clasps his hand and holds it near her mouth.)

I love how comfortable they are together and how Mulder is so concerned for her.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. These were some of the moments that came to me right away
Old 01-19-2005, 04:31 AM
New Fan

uhm soooo hard...

1) the 'snapping on the latex' scene from Syzygy- so bitchy and Scully's annoyed face is sooo funny!

2) the 'gas you out of this life for good you don of a bitch' scene from Beyond the Sea. I love that Scully defends Mulder and shows some serious emotions!

3) the stuck on the rock ' you've lost some weight recently...are you coming on to Scully' bit in Quagmire. Just so cute!

4) Mulder asking Scully if she can cancel her date in Jersey Devil! 'unlike you Mulder i would like a life'

5) Mulder and the 'you'd be surprised how many men do' scene from Humbug with the htel manager. Very funny!
donny_lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Great moments everyone

Its to hard for me to pick but I guess I will if I have to..

1) I can't remember the episode but it was where Mulder said "If I'm not back by midnight, *pause* feed my fish." cracks me up all the time.

2) The kiss between Mulder and Scully after she gave birth to William.

3) Both of the CMM episodes, too many moments in there for me to list

4) The episode where Doggett and Mulder went on an Oil rig and Mulder told scully if he didn't make it tell the kid he went down swinging.

5) The last few mintues of "The Truth" best moment ever.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

neel luvs tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm only five?!?! OK, here goes:

1.) The scene in "Closure" when Mulder hugs the starlight Samantha. Granted the scene was kind of sappy and they had that horrid Moby music, but it did finally solve the question of her disappearance for Mulder and the audience I guess.

2.) The scene in "CBFR" when Scully asks Clyde Bruckman "how do I die?" and CB says: "You don't." to this day I have no idea what it means, and it drives me crazy!

3.) The scene in "Home" when Scully and Mulder are sitting on the bench talking about their genetic backgrounds and Mulder says "I never saw you as a mother before." I think this is where their relationship kind of shifted for me.

4.) The voice over at the beginning of "Essence": "How did this child come to be? What set its heart beating? Is it the product of a union? Or the work of a divine hand? An answered prayer? A true miracle? Or is it a wonder of technology-- the intervention of other hands? What do I tell this child about to be born? What do I tell Scully? And what do I tell myself?"

5.) The opening scene of "all things" granted we didn't see anything, but we know what happened.

"Mulder the truth is out there but so are lies."
MullySculder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm a hopeless romantic, so here are my moments

1. The kiss in the end of Existence
2. The kiss in Millennium and the conversation after that. Mulder: "The world didn't end." Scully: "No, it didn't" soooo cute
3. The scene in Redux when Mulder breaks down and cries at Scully's hospital bed. I always cry along with him. It just touches me SO much.
4. "Jeremiah was a bullfrooog" A singing Scully is just priceless!
5. Scully in The Rain King: "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."

...and I just have to add the last scene in The Truth. "Maybe there's hope." I still get chills watching that.

There are tons more, I wouldn't know where to stop...
Eilleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilleen (View Post)
I'm a hopeless romantic, so here are my moments

1. The kiss in the end of Existence
2. The kiss in Millennium and the conversation after that. Mulder: "The world didn't end." Scully: "No, it didn't" soooo cute
3. The scene in Redux when Mulder breaks down and cries at Scully's hospital bed. I always cry along with him. It just touches me SO much.
4. "Jeremiah was a bullfrooog" A singing Scully is just priceless!
5. Scully in The Rain King: "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."

...and I just have to add the last scene in The Truth. "Maybe there's hope." I still get chills watching that.

There are tons more, I wouldn't know where to stop...
That could be the top 5 romantic scenes between them
neel luvs tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:33 PM
New Fan

In no particular order:

1. Dr. Blockhead's speech at the end of "Humbug," especially the part where we see Mulder posing dramatically as Dr. Blockhead says, "Imagine, going your whole life looking like him."

2. Mulder doing Elvis moves in "Never Again."

3. CSM's "life is like a box of chocolates" speech in "Musings of a CSM"

4. In "Bad Blood," when Mulder jumped onto the vibrating bed and started laughing hysterically.

5. Roky Crikerson's description of his meeting with the Men in Black. "If you say you saw anything, other than the planet Venus, you're a dead man!" And of course, his meeting with Lord Kinbote. "Come, I shall showeth thee..."

As you can see, I like the funny stuff.
Lady Kinbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kinbote (View Post)
In no particular order:

1. Dr. Blockhead's speech at the end of "Humbug," especially the part where we see Mulder posing dramatically as Dr. Blockhead says, "Imagine, going your whole life looking like him."

2. Mulder doing Elvis moves in "Never Again."

3. CSM's "life is like a box of chocolates" speech in "Musings of a CSM"

4. In "Bad Blood," when Mulder jumped onto the vibrating bed and started laughing hysterically.

5. Roky Crikerson's description of his meeting with the Men in Black. "If you say you saw anything, other than the planet Venus, you're a dead man!" And of course, his meeting with Lord Kinbote. "Come, I shall showeth thee..."

As you can see, I like the funny stuff.
I love all of those, too!!! that scene in Bad Blood is just hilarious!! everything in this episode actually is!
Eilleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Bumping this thread

1. The Russian Roulette scene in Pusher.

2. The end of Anasazi "Burn it." .

3. The scene near the end of Redux II

Quote:
BLEVINS: Go on, Agent Mulder.

MULDER: Four years ago, while working on an assignment outside the FBI mainstream, I was paired with Special Agent Dana Scully, who I believed was sent to spy on me. To debunk my investigations into the paranormal. That Agent Scully did not follow these orders is a testament to her integrity as an investigator, a scientist, and a human being. She has paid dearly for this integrity.

BLEVINS: Agent Mulder, Agent Scully lied straight face to this panel about your death.

MULDER: She did lied because I asked her to. Because I had evidence of a conspiracy. A conspiracy against the American people.

SENIOR AGENT: We've already heard testimony to these allegations, Agent Mulder.

MULDER: AND a conspiracy intended to destroy the lives of those who would reveal it's true purpose. To conduct experiments on unwitting victims to further their secret agenda for someone further into the government operating at levels without restraint or responsibility.
(Assassin has Cancerman in his sights as he walks through the courtyard)
Without morals or conscience... Men who pretend to honor as they deceive.. The price of this betrayal, the lives and reputations of those deceived. Agent Scully... is now in a hospital bed

[Father McCue holds a rosary]

right now diagnosed with terminal cancer. The victim of these same tests. Conducted without her knowledge or consent. By these same men who are trying to cover their tracks who suborn and persecute the same people they've used in their plot I will now call by name!

SENIOR AGENT: Agent Mulder, did you or did you not shoot the man found dead in your
apartment?

MULDER: I will answer

(Scully prays with the Father)

Sir.

SENIOR AGENT: Did you shoot Scott Ostlehoff? Employee of the Department of Defense?

MULDER: I will answer that question, Sir.

SENIOR AGENT: Answer the question asked, Agent Mulder!

MULDER: I will answer the question after I name the man!

SENIOR AGENT: AGENT MULDER!

MULDER: I will answer that question after I name the man who's responsible for Agent Scully! The same man who directed that my apartment be surveilled by the DoD. A man I want to see prosecuted for his crimes! Who's sitting in this very room as I speak!

SENIOR AGENT: Agent Mulder, the Section Chief asked you a question you are going to answer!

MULDER: I can't do that.

SENIOR AGENT: You can and you will!

MULDER: I can't do that sir, because the Section Chief is the man I'm about to name!

(Blevins eyes shoot wide open. All look at him. Skinner looks at Mulder. Mulder sits back in his chair, there, he's done it)
Then Blevins and CSM get shot .

4. The end of Irresistable.

5. The scene where M&S meet in the Pilot. "No one down here but the FBI's most unwanted." .
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

^That scene from Redux II is so intense, it's gripping and captivating.

I couldn't name my top 10 favorite moments, so top 5 is out of the question for me. There really are just too many.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Kez
Loyal Fan

This is a toughy,,,

In no particular order.

1.Pusher
The scene with the gun, obviously.

2.How the Ghost's stole Christmas
The little scene where Mulder scares Scully by putting the torch under his chin. The way Scully screams at that is halarious.

3.Bad Blood
Mulder singing the theme song from shaft. Cracks me up everytime.

And I'm a shipper at heart so I had to go with:

4.Existence
The whole final scene. It made me cry

5.The Truth
3 scenes from this episode:
The kiss scene.
The scene when M&S are talking about how she had to give up "THEIR" son.
And the last scene, I cried even more then I did while watching the Titanic, which I didn't think was possible.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MullySculder (View Post)

2.) The scene in "CBFR" when Scully asks Clyde Bruckman "how do I die?" and CB says: "You don't." to this day I have no idea what it means, and it drives me crazy!
I've never understood this one either! Drives me crazy too!
Dr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread