Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

X-Files Discussion - Who is the better agent?

Here is a new way of all of us to get more fun out of the board, here we can debate on certain subjects from the show, and you are free to express it as you want. First we will start off simple, and yours suggestions for upcoming debates.

-----
Debate #1 - Who is the better agent?
Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Monica Reyes, or John Doggett.

Each has their own style, with very different ways of wanting to believe the things they see. Which one do you think is the better agent and why? Feel free to even ask questions to each other, and don't feel shy to challenge someone else!

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooo this is an awesome topic Cordy. This is a really tough one for me to answer as you have said because they all have there strengths and weaknesses.

I think I will have to go with Mulder, based on the strength that he is open to all possibilities, and as we have seen he has an uncanny ability where he seems to be two steps ahead of everyone else when it comes to solving a case. He also relates well with victims and reads suspects well, he seems to be able to read right away whether they are telling the truth. He has his weaknesses as well but, I think his strengths make up for them.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I do agree about Mulder, although I feel Scully was the better agent, because she always looked for a scientific explanation of everything and later on from seeing many things her mind opened up more, but she still had the need for it to be scientificly explained. I feel Mulder didn't care what the scientific explanations were just more of the parnormal effects there were.

darylbeth
Old 10-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower
I do agree about Mulder, although I feel Scully was the better agent, because she always looked for a scientific explanation of everything and later on from seeing many things her mind opened up more, but she still had the need for it to be scientificly explained. I feel Mulder didn't care what the scientific explanations were just more of the parnormal effects there were.
That's true about Scully. It was really hard for me to split the two.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

I definitely think Scully was the better agent. More times than not, she kept a cool head when Mulder wanted to tear off into a dangerous situation. She used the Bureau's standards and protocols to her advantage while Mulder disregarded them most of the time.

Now being the better agent didn't always solve the case. In fact, in most cases Mulder's "out there" theory was the correct one. But in terms of being an FBI agent, I'd have to go with Scully.

I didn't really watch seasons 8 or 9 with any special attention, so I can't really comment on Doggett or Reyes.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DevotedFanOfMatt

Now being the better agent didn't always solve the case. In fact, in most cases Mulder's "out there" theory was the correct one. But in terms of being an FBI agent, I'd have to go with Scully.
Very true. Mulder may have been right in theroy of what happened, but by following the rules of the FBI Scully was in the right of all.

Now for Doggett and Reyes, I'd go with Doggett, he is yet like Scully was, but he was not really open to the whole "outthere" theroies. He stuck to what he believed to be right and what he has known. Reyes on the other hand is like Mulder, good in the field just too outthere. So out of those two Doggett would be the better agent.

darylbeth
Old 10-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Great topic idea Cordy!

I think I'd have to go with Scully. She's more focused while Mulder just follows his feelings sometimes. She considers a lot of different theories and tries to look at the case form different sides. Mulder is more stubborn and once he sets him mind on a theorie he sticks with it. But he's a great profiler. It's really hard to pick between the two because they're both great agents. I also think they're both better agents than Dogett and Reyers.

-CherryPixie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 AM
New Fan

Re: Debate #1 - Who is the better agent?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower
Debate #1 - Who is the better agent?
Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Monica Reyes, or John Doggett.

I'd honestly say that both Mulder and Scully are the better agents because they always work together as a team...they understand each other better then anyone else. Her reservation and logic has restrained her from rushing into dangerous situations, and her focus has allowed her to see the facts and use them to an advantage. His determination to look at the more extreme possibilities, keeping an open mind to every diverse angle, has been their key to solving a lot of the X-File cases. Alone, both would probably fail at debunking the paranormal secrets but together they're unstoppable. You can't have one without the other because their individual ways complete and balance each other.
LukeLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Debate #1 - Who is the better agent?

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeLover
Alone, both would probably fail at debunking the paranormal secrets but together they're unstoppable. You can't have one without the other because their individual ways complete and balance each other.
Very good point right there. Together the make the best agent possible, but seperate they are still good (which was proven during scully working with doggett and mulder with doggett).

Ok, out of Doggett and Reyes who would be the better agent?

*also think of some more debate topics if you like *

darylbeth
Old 10-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

I definitely think Scully over Mulder!
and out of
Reyes or Doggett, I think Reyes is better
Old 11-06-2004, 10:32 PM
New Fan

Re: Re: Debate #1 - Who is the better agent?

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeLover
I'd honestly say that both Mulder and Scully are the better agents because they always work together as a team...they understand each other better then anyone else. Her reservation and logic has restrained her from rushing into dangerous situations, and her focus has allowed her to see the facts and use them to an advantage. His determination to look at the more extreme possibilities, keeping an open mind to every diverse angle, has been their key to solving a lot of the X-File cases. Alone, both would probably fail at debunking the paranormal secrets but together they're unstoppable. You can't have one without the other because their individual ways complete and balance each other.
I totally agree with you.
TommyBoyNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLover

I totally agree with you. I love both Mulder and Scully and I don't think I could choose one or the other. Mulder was more open to the idea of the paranormal. I liked Scully because she was such a skeptic and always tried to look for the scientific explanation. They worked really great as a team. As said before, they balance each other. They each have their own invidual ways and their own theories.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

scully
kellysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I too am stuck between Mulder n Scully, they were bth gr8 agents in their own ways...but if i HAD to choose just one, it'd be Mulder...but i cant give a reason, coz i cant think of one right now! lol...and its late...1am ...i think ill go to bed...toodles ^_^

G x

oh p.s Doggett and Reyes were good too
Old 04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I too am stuck between Mulder n Scully, they were bth gr8 agents in their own ways...but if i HAD to choose just one, it'd be Mulder...but i cant give a reason, coz i cant think of one right now! lol...and its late...1am ...i think ill go to bed...toodles ^_^

G x

oh p.s Doggett and Reyes were good too ...and the Skinman ...lol sorry
Reply   Post New Thread