Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

X-files News Thread

Browsing this board I noticed that there is not a X-files News Thread!
Please close this thread if the moderators feel there is no need for one or if there is already one !

'X-Files' TV Show Facts
by Landon Howell

William B. Davis (the cigarette-smoking man) is actually a non-smoker in real-life. He was able to remain that way by using herbal cigarettes on the set.

The X-Files was one of the first tv shows to be promoted online by listing plot and other information for upcoming episodes.

If you'd like to see X-Files creator, Chris Carter, you're in luck! He actually appeared a couple of times on the show although his parts were uncredited. He's an FBI Agent in the final episode of season 2 titled, "Anasazi". He also appears as a member of the audience in the 19th episode of the seventh season titled, "Hollywoood, A.D."

There were more cast members in the series finale episodes' opening sequences than there were in any other episode. David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Annabeth Gish, Robert Patrick, and Mitch Pileggi all appeared for a total of five!

The X-Files was ranked the #2 best Cult Show ever in the May 30, 2004 issue of Tv Guide magazine!

During the X-Files final season, the opening credits included a list of "FBI Contacts, Witnesses, and Contributors." Those names actually came from the names of people who posted messages on the official X-Files message board. In order to use as many as possible, the names were changed for each episode! There were also some other names that were anagrams of the show's characters' names.

Episode #64, "Piper Maru", got its name from Gillian Anderson's daughter, Piper. In episode #103, "Christmas Carol", the young Dana Scully character was played by Gillian's real-life little sister, "Zoe Anderson".

The link:

http://www.juiceenewsdaily.com/0105/...ts_xfiles.html
Old 01-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't find the other thread, and it was old anyway. Thanks for starting a new one

Some news -
* Gillian Anderson Weds:
"Former X-Files star Gillian Anderson has quietly tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, former journalist and documentary filmmaker Julian Ozanne..." [ full article @ people.com ]

* David Duchovny told reporters at Monday's Critics' Choice Awards that a second "X Files" movie is the works with series creator Chris Carter for late this year or early 2006. "It'll be a stand-alone horror movie," Duchovny said. "Mulder and Scully investigate one particular case that has nothing to do with alien life. It has to do with supernatural stuff."

Mitch's new show The Mountain was cancelled from The WB.

The Lone Gunmen Series DVD is set to release March 26, 2005 ( Preorder it now! )

darylbeth
Old 01-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

There's No Progress on The X-Files 2

Source: TV Guide
January 20, 2005

Despite what David Duchovny said at the Critics' Choice Awards, TV Guide checked with The X-Files creator Chris Carter's agent who says there's no progress on a sequel:

Actually, it looks like David Duchovny was getting a little ahead of himself when he told USA Today last week that the film was slated to begin production later this year. "There's nothing at the moment going on," Chris Carter's agent, Elliott Webb, says. "There is no negotiation, there's no script written, there's nothing other than a desire for people to get together."

darylbeth
Old 01-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

DVD Answers!

X-Files: Existence

I used to enjoy the X-Files a lot when it first came to our screens. It was fresh and original and had interesting characters that you actually cared about. The longer it seems to go on however, the less engrossing it seems to be. The two episodes on this DVD are from the eighth season and it’s at the point now that I only watch it for the sake of watching it. Earlier seasons were so engrossing that I couldn’t bear to miss a single episode, and would go out of my way to make sure that I saw them all.

Full article.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

X-Files star Gillian goes to the dogs in Belfast

The truth is out there ....

Former X-Files star Gillian Anderson has put her spooky past behind her - to work in Belfast.

And she has hooked up with Full Monty actor, Robert Carlyle, for a new movie, 'The Mighty Celt' shot on location in west Belfast.

Both actors were among a star-studded cast which set the screen alight at the Savoy Theatre in Dublin for the opening of the 10-day-long third annual Jameson Dublin International Film Festival.

The film is directed by Belfast man Pearse Elliot, more commonly known for writing and directing the recent BBC hit sitcom Pulling Moves, and opens on general release in the summer.

It tells the story of a young boy Donal, played by newcomer Tyrone McKenna, who works devotedly at the kennels for the ominous Good Joe (Ken Stott).

From the moment he sets eyes on a brown coloured greyhound he is convinced that he can turn him into "a ball of speed" and persuades his boss to let him train him.

They strike a deal that if the dog manages to win three races, then Donal gets to keep him.

The story take an emotional twist when Carlyle's character, O, arrives on the scene and disrupts the lives of Donal and his mother, played by Gillian Anderson.

Thousands of film buffs are expected to attend the festival over the next 10-days with more than 100 films from 34 countries screening at locations across Dublin.

The New Zealander

"The impact that The X-Files had on television and on our lives when it was on — it was huge. But I believe this is as wonderful and has all the possibilities of being as big in their lives as The X-Files."

The rest of article is here

Old 02-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info. Very interesting for Gillian.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the info Luke and Cordy

An X-Files film about the supernatural Sounds great! There should be a lot of hilarious moments with Scully in situations dealing with ghosts and spirits.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics
An X-Files film about the supernatural Sounds great! There should be a lot of hilarious moments with Scully in situations dealing with ghosts and spirits.
Kelly, you just reminded me of "How The Ghosts Stole Christmas"
Old 02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics
Thanks for all the info Luke and Cordy

Yeah sounds cool but I would have prefered a movie dealing with the future of Mulder
and Scully, after New mexico or something. And also what happens to William.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anything would be great at this point though huh!

They're probably trying to gain a new audience as well as win us oldies back, so we'll get a concept that appeals to as much of the public as possible. Hence, not so much back-story. It makes economic sense. I hope they can keep everyone happy without watering it down too much.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'" - Lewis Carroll
Closed Thread   Post New Thread