New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

yeah, I just threw out that bag of meat! It was in a zip lock bag and still looked ok.

It’s my brothers birthday so I’m going over to the condo where we will have his birthday dinner, meatloaf with bacon on top. I never had meatloaf with bacon on it, just ketchup sauce. So hopefully it’s good!

Yeah, I think it was my SIL. She also offered my brother some so I’m guessing it’s her! They look homemade chocolate chip with caramel chips melted in it too

I hope your enjoy this upcoming race! Is this in another area not affected by the hurricane?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

I just up because I felt hot, and have stomach ache. I took some paracetamol.

I freaked the cat though because something fell out of the medicine cupboard, and she was lying nearby on the kitchen mat.

The cookies sound nice, Leanne.
Yes that meat is too old!

Bottles of water may be needed. The weather is likely to be odd, I suppose. I keep thinking about the people on the coast who have lost everything. Is it still the case in the US that most people don't have house insurance? I remember them saying that when Houston was flooded. Who knows what those people do.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that it wasn't gross.

Oh that will be fun. I think I was fed too much meatloaf as a kid (it was pretty much all we could afford) and now I refuse to eat it. I wonder why she's not putting bacon inside. I will eat anything with bacon.

Ooh, cookies that are yummy flavored. Whoohoo!

The races this week are in Las Vegas. 3 different races.

Have fun!

Claire, JINX. I really hope you feel better once you go back to sleep. Poor kitty.

I'm not sure about insurance. I know our house is considered to be in a flood zone, so we're forced to pay it. I hope they do have it.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

The house I live in has insurance which I purposely asked my dad about cause I’m kind of scared that the kids or SIL will accidently catch the house on fire at some point in the future!

I hope your stomach settles soon, Claire

That’s a cute cookie smilie, Kim I actually only usually eat meatloaf whenever it’s this brother’s birthday cause he claims it’s his favorite food, my mom is trying it with bacon on top of it... which sound like it might add good flavour to the meat. We shall see!

I’m just watching a Bones episode since it’s Friday they do that marathon of the show all evening.

I can’t think of any dinner food my parents overmade that I disliked enough it stuck with me to adulthood. I just like almost all food. In fact, I sometimes miss the more unhealthy casseroles of cheap recipes for big families that my mom used to make. We never had casseroles anymore

E.T.A. ... ok, that was the weirdest visit ever.

Last edited by beloved of the sky; 09-14-2018 at 06:17 PM
Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

I quite like meatloaf, but I've had it very rarely. I should make it again sometime soon...

I've always made sure we have house insurance. Although we've never needed it so far... We're technically in a flood zone, too. But we've gone out of our way to improve the drainage around our house so we've never had a problem.

Why was it a weird visit, Leanne?I

I keep checking the weather forecast over you, Kim. It's looks like you'll have a lot of rain.

You heard about the typhoon in the Philippines?
Old 09-15-2018, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Family can be really weird, Leanne. I hope you managed to enjoy your dinner.

Claire, Hi! How are you feeling this morning? Yep, it's always better to have insurance, just in case. You guys have done a lot of work improving your house and property.

Yeah, I am really hoping it's just rain, and not high winds.

Yes! Oh my gosh, I can't believe how many people are staying there, to protect their homes from burglers. There is nothing in a house that can't be taken with you, that's worth riding out this typhoon. They had so many deaths in the last one this bad.

Okay, I've been up a few hours, so I'm going back to bed now. I will see you later on. Have a good day till then.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I heard some reports of people staying because they couldn't take their animals. I totally get that.

But I'm with you on stuff. Nothing that can't be replaced
Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I heard some reports of people staying because they couldn't take their animals. I totally get that.

But I'm with you on stuff. Nothing that can't be replaced
Old 09-15-2018, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Totally! Your lives are more important. There's been some tragic deaths so far.

I've also heard some people couldn't afford to leave because of the cuts to services by Trump.

My stomach is still upset: I don't know why. I need to get on today though.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Take it slow!

And that is just beyond horrible.... about not having the money to leave...
Old 09-15-2018, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't leave if I couldn't take my cat. Lots and lots of shelters now allow pets, for the very issue that people won't leave their pets alone. That really started after hurricane Harvey last year.

Also, Trump diverted over $40 million from hurricane relief, and the Coast Guard-who rescues people. The states are helping families though. Making sure that people can get out, and go somewhere else. So, it helps. It doesn't always help, but it helps some.

Claire, are you feeling any better this afternoon? What are you up to? I certainly hope not much. You have to take care of yourself.

Kia, is your choir thing (is it a concert?) today? How are you feeling? I bet you're glad it's the weekend.

It's already getting windy here. Well, breezy, not windy.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's not good what Trump has done.

I am feeling a bit better thanks, Kim.

I've been playing a computer game all afternoon.

Thanks both of you!

How is everyone's weekend going? I have a cat asleep on me right now!
Old 09-15-2018, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello.
Space... The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Hello there!

Hope you felt better, Claire with your stomach! What computer game did you play? What kind of games do you like playing? when you wrote you liked your meatloaf but had it rarely, I thought you meant you ate it on the rare side at first (like raw cooked)

It's noon and I have to get up and go see my cat... he's very good at letting me lounge in bed without meowing at me to get up.

It was weird last night cause of weird behavior from my family members and I got scooted out quick before the birthday boy arrived. Still waiting for any explainariom for that especially when he had parked right beside me in the parking lot so he should have known I'd have been there!

I got leftover meatloaf though, I'm about to have it for lunch. I think I might need a Baileys Irish coffee this afternoon. I know where to get one.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

They told you to leave? That is weird!

I certainly don't have it raw, Leanne! I think the term 'rare' is usually used for steak, not meatloaf.

I'm not feeling so good right now. It's also my time of the month...

I hope the meatloaf is nice.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread