New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

The book is ok. I’m glad they have a summary of “how-to” at the end of each chapter cause I seem to zone out lately trying to read the portion of descriptive paragraphs and it’s easier to see lists instead.

Just watching the end of “The Holiday”. It feels like a “comfort” movie to me the English cottage, the soundtrack, Kate Winslet, blah blah blah.

I want a cat stand that is tall enough for him to see above the bushes by my window. It’s good for him to have that when he’s alone and has to entertain himself.

I need to eat the cherries I got this week cause I always buy fruit or veggies and then never eat them! I also have strawberry vanilla jam I want to try with the French toast bagels I bought and are in the freezer, still have to make my bed too.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm better with summaries and lists, too. But then I copy them down, and never use them.

Glad you're enjoying the end of the movie.

That is great for entertainment for him Usually, nowadays, they come so you have to put them together, and I don't have the patience. Mom has one for hers, but she had Kevin to put hers together. I know my friend Robin got a huge one, and she had the patience to put it together.

That food sounds great. I made my bed today, too. Plus, I had to switch the foam mattress around, cause there was an indent where I've been sleeping. It is so heavy though, that I hate doing it. It's heavier than regular mattress on my bed.

Your snacks sound really good. I'm eating a smores poptart. They're generic, but they were on sale for .77 cents.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Ugh, I hate indents on the bed. I think my mattress that I bought in January of 2017 has a slight slope where I must mostly sleep cause it feel like the edges of my bed are higher. yeah, memory foam toppers are really heavy to move around. Must be dense material in them I can’t flip my mattress so I guess the indent will just get more like that.

I’m glad I can go to bed in sheets that have been most tucked in without any movement wrinkles yet!

Yeah, so far I think I only had two cat trees for him and I didn’t put them together... now they make them like IKEA furniture?

Yum I like s’mores stuff.... but I don’t care for pop-tarts.... too much pastry crust on the edges.

I have my tv off cause my brain needs to rest from the noise stimulation.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Turn your mattress around. So the foot part becomes the head of the bed. That's how I have to do my foam mattress, cause it can't be flipped, either.

Yep. They're made like IKEA furniture now. Most furniture I buy has to be put together-well, my desk and the bar stool I had for it. And the kitchen table I used to use as a desk.

I like the pastry crust most of the time, cause the middle is usually to sweet for me.

I only occasionally turn my TV off when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Speaking of, even though I just got back up about 5 hours ago. I'm going back to bed. I'm just too blah.

I hope the comfort of the TV off makes you feel better. See you tomorrow. Sleep tight in your clean sheets.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I can’t really turn the mattress in any direction alone though, too big and heavy!

Wow, it’s storming out, raining hard, I can hear it!

My nephews were playing an annoying game involving opening and closing the front door of the house repeatedly... I almost went out to complain to them that it’s annoying and leaving the door open when it’s dark invites the moths and mosquitos in... and then they end up in my place. The past two nights when I went to bed, I had a mosquito buzzing around me.

I’m feeling blah today too, hope you have a good sleep! In your made bed too.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

What is a cat stand? Is it one of those big cat trees, with scratching posts and high platforms to lie on? I don't have one of those, although I do have a scratching post. My cat can go outdoors though.

I felt so cold last night. I was shivering! My husband thought I had a temperature, but I wasn't sure.

I slept ok though.

I hope the hurricane doesn't cause too much damage, Kim.

Rain at last, Leanne? Awesome!
Old 09-09-2018, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's what we were talking about, Claire. Cat trees.

I hope you're feeling better, and taking care of yourself.

We'll find out at the end of the week kind of what to expect. Depends on where the storm makes landfall.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'm lazing around today. I did print out some homework my son did, and teach him some computer skills. I'm thinking about getting a new printer, ours doesn't connect to the wifi anymore and it would be handy for the kids to be able to print in colour.

Good thing you're not near the coast, though. It must be scary to have hurricanes hitting so often.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad to hear you're not doing anything strenuous. A new printer would definitely be worth it for them.

Printers must be really different there. Mine just has to hook up to my computer, nothing to do with wi-fi or internet connection. Or, am I completely confused about what you're saying?

Are you doing anything fun while resting? Watching something? Playing a game? Or just taking it easy?

I'm glad we're not at the coast, too. Both NC and SC have been hit and devastated by them. In Va. Beach, I only went through 2, and both were Category 1. The sound of that wind is awful.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

That does sounds scary.

Yes most printers here can connect to your computers via the wi-fi. Our wi-fi stopped working that is, it was not communicating between the computers and the printer, so now I have to physically plug my laptop into the printer to print stuff. It's not ideal as my son's computer isn't a laptop so having the ability to do it from his computer would be good. At the moment he's having to email me his work so I can print it out.

Plus as I say it would be good for them to have the ability to print in colour.

I'm not really doing anything. I was playing a game on my tablet for a time, but that's on charge now, and I don't want to lay it all the time.

Are the hurricanes getting stronger each year? They seem to be very large.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah! Thanks for explaining about the printer! This laptop is rebuilt, and doesn't have the ability to connect to our wifi. My other laptop can. Being able to print in color is nice.

At least your game kept you amused for a while. I hope you get feeling better.

Yes, due to Climate Change, the hurricanes are getting much larger, happening in larger numbers, and getting much stronger.

I slept all night, so I'm going to Dollar Tree when I go to the pharmacy. I'm about to check online and see if my prescriptions are done early, and what time the pharmacy opens on Sunday.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Well done on sleeping. I hope you have a good shopping trip.

I'm more sleepy than anything. Chemists (pharmacies) aren't usually open on Sundays around here, but there are some open if you know where. We have strict Sunday trading laws though.

I hope you're not too sore today.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here, Claire, and one per area always has to do the "emergency shift".

for sleeping, Kim

I have had such a productive day so far. I went to church, got back home, cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, changed sheets, took care of the washing, cooked (from scratch since none of the processed stuff is allowed with my diet now), wrote something for the homepage for work, finished a concept for a service/concert (almost including a sermon) for my choir... I'm on FIRE today
Also my leg hurts way less than yesterday.

How is everyone else?
Old 09-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

That's how it is here, Kia.

Sounds like you've had a very productive day! I've had a very lazy one.

I see the amount of homework my daughter has and I can't help thinking I'm glad I don't have to do all that.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Good for sleeping all night, Kim! I also did too, hope fully we feel better today.

I still have to get up, my back is sore.

Yeah, Claire, not sure I’d want to do homework anymore! Do you think the accounting course will give you some?

Last time I had homework and school work, the Internet was just beginning and I was already finding it hard to distract myself from it to do school stuff at times so I don’t know how kids do homework without being distracted by what they feel they are missing with their social media distractions now. At least back then for me, it was just e-mail.

Wow, Kia, you are on fire 🔥 Ouch! The girl is hot!