Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Extreme Fan

X-files's "babies": which show are the children or the copies of the original ?

X-Files made, at the time, a little TV revolution. Many TV producers wanted to copy and paste on their networks, their own "X-Files".
And, today, some show are directly inspired by X-Files. Wich one do you consider as X-Files babies ? Wich show do you watch and like ?

I personnaly think that, in the weirdo category, Carnivale 's the best ! I've never felt so hooked since X-files and Buffy the vampire slayer.

And you ?
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Carnivale is good. I've only been able to catch a few episodes and I have liked what I saw.

I think FOX's new show..Point Pleasant is awesome. I know its not really all Xfile-ly, but its case study worthy. I've been sucked in the show, haven't been this sucked in since XFiles.

Cor

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't seen Carnivale yet, but my brother raves about it. Hopefully I'll get to see it eventually.

I still haven't found a show to replace The X-Files. I guess I have high expectations therefore I'm hard to please
Old 02-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies
I still haven't found a show to replace The X-Files. I guess I have high expectations therefore I'm hard to please
Honey, there is no show that will ever replace The XFiles. It was a one of a kind, perfect basicly.

I would also like to say Roswell was like an XFiles spawn in a way.

darylbeth
Old 02-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Queen follower
Honey, there is no show that will ever replace The XFiles. It was a one of a kind, perfect basicly.
I couldn't agree with you more there

I've never been able to get into Roswell. I kind of saw it as Dawson's Creek with aliens. No offence to Roswell fans I used to be big DC fan but it got old quickly.

Last edited by lollies; 02-08-2005 at 01:59 AM
lollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies
I couldn't agree with you more there

I've never been able to get into Roswell. I kind of saw it as Dawson's Creek with aliens. No offence to Roswell fans I used to be big DC fan but it got old quickly.
No offence taken. I loved the show, basicly because I read the books before hand and was sucked into all the stuff happening around them and them learning to learn to handle actual humans knowning the truth and not being discovered by the wrong people. Season 2 was the best to me, it had alot more "alien" stuff. Like skins and all that crazy stuff. It was too much "couple-ly" most of the time, but still awesome.

Also The 4400. That there is an XFile spawn. Amazing show, felt so good to have a show like that around again.

Cor

darylbeth
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Lost is a little X-filey... though there's no Mulder and Scully... but the whole island is one big X-File!

Jericho has some x-file-conspiracy-feeling in my opinion...

The 4400 - well at least first season - has strong X-Files moments...

And heroes seems like something Mulder and Scully would love to investigate, but I don't think the show itself has any XF-feeling...

Hmmm... can't think of anything else right now.

Have never heard of Carnivale before and Roswell was somehow always out of question in that respect. Tend to agree with Dani there...
Old 06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I love Carnivale, haven't seen it in a while but when I started watching it I couldn't wait for the next episode to air. Such a shame it was cancelled without ending it's mythology.

Another show I would venture to call as good as The X-Files is Dexter. I love the dark humor and the 1st season was amazing.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

the fact tat the bones pilot mentions mulder and scully...well i guess theres a baby there. Not the type of show, but the relationshi dynamics
greyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
I love Carnivale, haven't seen it in a while but when I started watching it I couldn't wait for the next episode to air. Such a shame it was cancelled without ending it's mythology.

Another show I would venture to call as good as The X-Files is Dexter. I love the dark humor and the 1st season was amazing.
Absolutely!
It's like the monster of the week having its own show
Except he'sno monster... he's the Dark Defender!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Loved when he started looking at himself as a hero , he kind of is, in a totally twisted way.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
the fact tat the bones pilot mentions mulder and scully...well i guess theres a baby there. Not the type of show, but the relationshi dynamics
Exactly, I feel the same way I mean, at the same time I think that it has absolutely nothing to do with XF (plot-wise) but that it reminds me of it every now and then, for the dynamic between the characters, the chemistry, the realtionship itself and how it's been developed through the seasons
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think The Mentalist has a lot of the Mulder/Scully relationship in Jane/Lisbon.
Especially in the way that the plot lines ignore any romatic potential the two might have... unlike in Bones or Castle where it seems like the parties involved were intended to end up together from the start.

Talking about Castle: Love how he always brings up some CIA cover-up story
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum's Finest

I have no idea about Castle or The Mentalist because I don't watch those shows.. but I believe you Kia
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

this a great thread!

I think all of the new shows have something from The X Files, a litle bit or so much a-like but it's true.. same situations, characters..
Reply   Post New Thread