El origen de los guardianes | Zardoz.1974.German.DL.720p.BluRay.x264-ETM | Twins.Zwillinge.1988.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPiCY
Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

My father had a great love for slapstick movies, especially those involving Peter Sellers, Mel Brooks and Lesie Nielsen. He also loved dogs, trains, pasta and trees and the Studebaker Avanti. He hated bad drivers, cut Christmas trees and current US Presidents. A Navy man, he more than lived up (or down) to the "curse like a salior" mantra and as an engineer he showed a laser like focus on his task at hand. As a widower, he eagerally took on the role of both grandparents to his four grandchildren providing laughs, hugs and a non judgemental safe space for when they needed it. We lost him two months ago and this is the first Father's Day without him. I cherish the time so had with him, but selfishly I want more. He wasn't just my Dad, he was my best friend and I love and miss him every single second of every day. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there, make sure you love and honor those closest to you. They won't be around forever.

And not to make this too depressing, here are some clips from those aforementioned movies to hopefully make you laugh a bit.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you for sharing that about your father. Sorry for the delay in response and also for your loss. I'm happy that my father and I get along now as he's getting up there in years.

I hope Demi Lovato pulls through. Heroin? I think my jaw dropped. I didn't think it was that bad.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the kind words.

Neil Simon, who died today, wrote many great plays and movies. Here's one of my favorite moments from one of his best.

And this was released 50 years ago today...

Old 08-29-2018, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

One of my favorite movies of all time is Murder by Death and oddly enough, despite the age difference, Stefan and I have the same childhood memory.

Or maybe I rewatched my parents HBO recorded VHS copy over and over.

Not sure when I got that joke.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hope, this is the right thread: I´m thinking about a journey to Canada and I wanted to see, if any canadian is around here, who can answer me some questions about public transport in Canada.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not Canadian, but I do know that Toronto and Montreal have pretty expansive metro systems, not sure about the rest of the country. I actually rode Montreal 's system once, although that wasn't even in this century.

This, of course, features Degrassi's most famous alum. Thrre's also a nice little surprise at the end.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I've never been to Vancouver...I want to...I will...
Anyway I'll take this coast. They have above and below trains. Buses - on ground and water.

That is an extremely informative get where you want to go video. But I want to watch things move...here we go!

Old 09-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the videos. It answers a few question, taken it´s similar in other canadian towns. Good news is, you can still use cash. Now I need to find out, if that´s true for trains as well. And if there are long-distance buses etc.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread