Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class: Episode 406 - #FactsOnly (7-10 CA, 7-7 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Degrassi: Next Class - Season 4 - Episode 6 - #FactsOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC Central
Yael feels like an identity overhaul is needed and turns to Lola for help. Maya auditions for Zoë, Goldi and a special celebrity judge for the charity talent show.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 07-08-2017 at 06:48 PM
kaleidocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

TBH this episode is the first in a long time that made me feel the old Degrassi excitement. I was really happy at the end of it.

I really felt for Maya and how she´s trying to get to the surface. And I think it´s a good idea for her to get out and make new experiences. I´m just not sure if Craig is a good idea to go with. We don´t know where he is right now in his life but the last time we really saw something of him he still wasn´t very stable himself and I´m not sure if they wouldn´t trigger each other.

I always hoped that Degrassi would do a working three-way relationship. Well, Esme, Zig and Frankie are fun based instead of emotional based and I guess won´t work very long but I can´t help but like their interaction.

Yael´s plot is getting interesting. I like how Lola is totally unfazed by such things. I just didn´t understand what´s the matter with the wig now. Yael said she didn´t like her hair. Lola uses a hair clip and suddenly Yael thinks her hair is fine?
As much as I like that this identity is explored in Degrassi, I also hope that they someday will have a someone who totally identifies as the gender they´re born in but doesn´t want to behave as society expects of them. E.g. like with the armpit hair.
They did one step in that direction with Jane playing football and last season I thought they wanted to take Yael down that road. Not complaining that they took her down another road though because I like it so far.

BTW my first reaction about the fart show was the same as Yael´s but in the end it was so hilarious. I really would have liked to see them filming it - must have been a blast.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Lala haven't watched yet. I don't even know why I'm in here...oh yeah. I was going to drop these off.

I wonder what his sitch is and why the video length is as long as a the gender one and I'm assuming that is a bit more complex.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I just didn´t understand what´s the matter with the wig now. Yael said she didn´t like her hair. Lola uses a hair clip and suddenly Yael thinks her hair is fine?
I thought that too but I think she cut it didnt she? It was longer and pinned back at first right? That's what I took from it.

I thought it was a good episode!

Esme is so irritating, getting jealous about Frankie when Zig literally never said a thing… like, wtf.

I like Yael’s storyline a lot, its interesting and something we haven’t seen. i understand what you mean about wanting someone that doesnt conform to standard without questioning their gender but this is a SL we haven't seen so I am good with it. I understand Hunter’s confusion but the way he acted with Yael was harsh. :\ I personally really like her makeover.

AND OMG JAKE EPSTEIN! It was great to see Craig again! I got the impression he was clean and on the right track, which I think is great. (And in my head he is still with Ellie!)
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread