Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice1804 (View Post)
How come I can't see the posts or the threads that I have made? I get this message:

alice1804, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Your account permissions look fine to me. The site search function has been disabled, and you would get that message if you tried to use that. Instead you can try using Google to search for threads/posts, adding site:fanforum.com to your search: site:fanforum.com - Google Search That way you only get search results from FF. If you want to keep track of where you've posted, you can subscribe to individual threads and to boards. Then you'll have links to those threads/boards in your User CP to quickly see if there have been any new posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein (View Post)
Hi! As you see I'm a newbie and I'm trying to figure out how to reply to a visitor message but I can't seem to do that. Sounds silly, I know it is supposed to be easy but there is no reply section! What am I missing
I think that's part of profile customization. That feature is enabled once you reach 500 posts.

Tour Guide - Fan Forum Celebrations and Events.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Your account permissions look fine to me. The site search function has been disabled, and you would get that message if you tried to use that. Instead you can try using Google to search for threads/posts, adding site:fanforum.com to your search: site:fanforum.com - Google Search That way you only get search results from FF. If you want to keep track of where you've posted, you can subscribe to individual threads and to boards. Then you'll have links to those threads/boards in your User CP to quickly see if there have been any new posts.
I see, thanks for the help!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for replying!
Serein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You're welcome.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey
I have a question.
Whenever I come back here I have to log in again. doesn't seem to want to remember me It has been like that for several days.
I deleted all cookies as people pointed out that might be the problem but nothing changed
Just wondering if that has happened to anyone else...
Old 01-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Personally, I remain logged in and have never had that issue. Other than clearing cookies, I don't have any other advice. Sorry.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 PM
MotW Geek

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Maybe you have to save your log in on the computer so each time you return it will automatically fill in your info and log in or don’t log out ever when you leave the site? On my iPads and personal computer I set it to “remember me” and whenever I come to the site after being elsewhere, I’m just automatically already signed in.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

I think when you delete the cookies, FF forgets your password as well? I have my own laptop with a password of course but I'm paranoid as hell and I don't really trust myself in the event that if I lose my laptop, everything will be accessed immediately if I let sites remember my password so yes, I manually input everything.

His marriage, arranged as it was and stormy at times, remains one of the most surprising and arresting of love stories.
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread