I never refuse."

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

@ Ilda

Right? Just when you think you know what's going on, you find out that you don't know anything. I thought the same thing. I thought that Dr. Henry's presence in Castle Rock was causing all these terrible things to happen, that because he wasn't in his own universe, things were out-of-whack and it would stay that way until he was back in his own universe. I guess we won't know if that's true until/unless Henry opens the door between the two worlds and Dr. Henry goes back. I'm thinking that's not likely to happen, since it looked and sounded like Henry wasn't going to let Dr. Henry out for a while. Anyway, I really like your theory that Dr. Henry's presence was making people's dark urges come out. I definitely saw that when that simple birthday party turned into madness, and when everyone at the police station ended up dead...all because Dr. Henry was there. You know, now that I've had a day to process things, I have another theory to add to the pile. Your two theories are that Dr. Henry was either evil all along or no one believed him and they treated him bad, so he just did what they expected him to do. My theory is that Dr. Henry was the guy that we saw in Henry Deaver, but because he was locked away in that hole in darkness for 27 years all alone, only seeing Lacy whenever he dropped in on him, he slowly changed and he became evil and he was out for revenge. Remember the conversation that Henry had with Officer Reese? She said, "Maybe next time you'll think twice before you spring a lunatic from prison." and Henry said, "Maybe prison is what turned him into a lunatic." That absolutely blew my mind. I can't figure it out. Is he the villain, causing chaos, death and destruction wherever he goes? Is he the victim, being trapped in a universe that is not his own? Gah, you know, the more I think about it, the less sure I am who he is, what he's doing and what happened. I don't know what to believe anymore!

I'm glad to hear that.

That was so hot!

Excellent point! I didn't understand any part of that either. Why didn't his parents tell him to stay where they could see him? Where were they when Georgie was taken by Pennywise? As for the woman with the cat, we know that there is some force that causes all the adults in Derry to not get involved and to look the other way when they see weird or bad things happening around town, so that part didn't surprise me. That is exactly what I would have said to Georgie. That's not normal! Forget the boat and run home, kid! Run home as fast as you can!

Oh, yum!

Last edited by rocky845; 09-13-2018 at 08:10 AM
rocky845 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Celebrating 6 years at Troian Bellisario

Leigh Tumblr
Celebration Prep: OTH
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

@Rocky

I still think that Henry is innocent no matter what. I haven´t read all the books so, i´m in the dark here. But i think that´s also a good idea because i can form my own theories. I agree with your theory and spending 27 trapped definitely makes you go crazy. I´ve been thinking a bout how Henry turned into monster for a few seconds. Maybe that meant not only his presence made people go crazy, send logic to the moon and start a killing spree...but also himself was now fully evil mode. After all he was sent free, Matthew helped him and for what? for him to get in prison again? He knew his presence was messing up with people in town. even told Molly he shouldn't be there. Yet in that scene where he makes the prisoners kill each others, it´s like he was having pleasure in that. Whatever force came with Henry to the Universe (maybe it was already there and he just created a spark), transformed him too.

Okay, i admit...How cool it would be if he WAS Pennywise ?

You do have a point about the adults not interfering. But his parents? Where were they? Because Bill was sick so, they knew his older brother couldn´t take care of him. Unless they just assume Bill wouldn´t mess up and allow his brother to play outside...Which he did . Okay, i´m evil because i laughed when poor Georgie hit his head. But hey, maybe that could make think "Wait there´s a clown in the sewer. I just hit my head so, i´m seeing things" .

For good dreams .

Old 09-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

^ I'd like to believe that Dr. Henry is innocent, but some of his actions in the season finale (and other moments throughout the season) are too sketchy for me to fully believe that he is innocent. Like I said, I don't know what to believe/think anymore! Good course of action! Reading the books that shows and movies are based on tend to mix me up. That's why I rarely watch the movie or show and read the books. That's a good theory about Dr. Henry and how he turned into a monster for a few seconds. I hope we'll get to find out what that was.

It would be wicked-cool if that were the case! I mean, look at that gif! Don't you feel like you're looking at Pennywise? I know I do. I could totally buy the speculation that The Kid is Pennywise when Pennywise is hibernating...if only I hadn't done the math and figured out that it can't possibly be true. Chapter One ends in 1989, and fast-forwarding the 27 years to mark Pennywise's return in Chapter Two will bring us to 2016. Season one of Castle Rock takes place in 2018-2019, so unless Pennywise somehow survives Chapter Two, it's not likely that The Kid is Pennywise. You have no idea how much I've resisted that speculation ever since I read it. There were moments while I was watching the show where I thought that The Kid was showing Pennywise-like tendencies. Every time I was convinced that he was going to turn out to be Pennywise, I remembered Bill's Comic Con interview where he said that The Kid is not Pennywise, that they are different characters. It was a total tease every time TPTB hinted at a connection between Pennywise and The Kid, like the fact that The Kid waited 27 years for Henry.

Do you know what makes me sad? Bill's parents blamed him for what happened to Georgie. Was that guilt that they were displaying that they were nowhere to be found when Georgie went out in the rain and disappeared? I think so. You make a good point about what Bill's parents were probably assuming about Bill and Georgie. They probably didn't think they had anything to worry about. I mean, what kid (besides me) wants to play out in the rain? Boy, were they wrong to think that. I kind of did too. Poor Georgie's head. *pat pat* Ooh, that's a good one! Georgie could have thought that he was seeing a clown in the sewer after he hit his head.

Sweet dreams indeed. That's how I should end all of my days...looking at pictures of Bill before going to bed.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-14-2018 at 05:51 AM
Old 09-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

@Rocky

You´re right that the dates don´t match. But yes, it´s hard not to wonder if he could be Pennywise with a few similarities now and then. Yesterday, i saw IT (what a surprise) and when they mention something weird with the town, my thought when to Castle Rock right away. Yes, ever since Bill confirmed Henry isn´t Pennywise, that theory went out of the window. Many theories have crossed my mind so far. But i´m afraid they may be silly as like i said, i didn´t read the books. I thought that maybe Henry turned evil in the end and he wasn´t before. That was just the result of everyone turning their backs on him. That maybe Matthew was so against what was going on that he didn´t saw Henry´s true nature (thus only seeing him as a monster towards the end). Also the one i mention before, that maybe he turned evil in the end by staying in that Universe for too long. I don´t know if he made a deal with the Devil, that would be too Supernatural style perhaps.

Look what i found .

Me too . Bill was so invested and finding out with happen with Georgie and his father pretty much told him to let it be. I can understand his friends being against going to the tunnels to search for Georgie and they didn´t wanted to disappear too. But his parents? They lost a son but Bill lost a brother.

Usually i think it´s silly when people spend their time analyzing the movie a little too much. I´m like "Let it go. it´s just fiction." But when Pennywise tells Georgie the wind brought him there, i can´t help but feel like Georgie ---> .

Well, since you enjoy his pictures before bed. Pretend he´s waiting for you .

Last edited by ☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆; 09-14-2018 at 02:02 PM
☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

America's Got Talent

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

^ How are the acts this year?

@ Ilda

Oh, yes. When you hear the words "weird town" in reference to a show or movie based on a Stephen King novel, it would be natural to immediately think of Derry or Castle Rock. When I watched that interview where Bill said that there wasn't a connection between Pennywise and The Kid, I thought he was either trying to mislead us or he was telling us the truth. I will believe that he was telling us the truth until I see evidence to the contrary. Ooh, now I'm curious about your other theories. Do you want to share them with me? You can PM them to me if you like. Dr. Henry being good but then turning evil is something that we agree on. From what was shown of him in Henry Deaver, he seemed like such a good guy. Something must have caused that change in him. Whether it was caused by the 27 years he spent locked away in that hole at Shawshank Prison, the fact that he wasn't supposed to be in that timeline/universe in the first place, or the possibility that nobody stood up for him remains to be seen.

That video clears some of the fog of the season finale. =) Thanks for sharing it.

I can kind of understand Mr. Denbrough's reaction when he discovered that Bill was trying to find out what happened to Georgie. Mr. Denbrough was trying to get to a place where he could accept that his little boy was gone so that he could move on with his life, and Bill's quest to find answers and make sense of Georgie's disappearance wasn't letting Mr. Denbrough do that. It sounded like Mrs. Denbrough was also trying to do the same thing that Mr. Denbrough was doing. They both wanted to accept it and move on...which kind of showed me that they were being affected by the same force that had caused all of the adults in Derry to look the other way at every bad thing that happened there.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I get my nitpicking hat on and I think about all of the ways that certain parts of a show or movie that doesn't quite make sense. =p Poor sweet, innocent Georgie, thinking that a strong enough wind could knock someone down into the sewer.

My reaction to that picture...

I was looking for a specific gif to post...but I found this gif instead:

=p

Until next time.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-15-2018 at 01:33 AM
Old 09-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chicago Med featurette

Leigh Tumblr