Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2019, 01:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I couldn't get past the first episodes of Flash or Legends (well never tried past the first episode(s) because I didn't like them) so only watch Arrow so I'd be happy if that one wasn't included . I did like only having to deal with 2 other shows instead of 3 though. As for Supergirl I'd probably like that show if I'd watched it, but I never considered it since I know nothing about Superman/girl & when it started I didn't think it was a part of the franchise. Legends wouldn't have worked for this crossover so I'm glad they didn't try add it in. It would've only made sense to have them or Supergirl & she would have been easier to get to I imagine. From what I understand Legends is their own show now so really doesn't need to be included with the rest? I imagine they'll be back being included in the crossover next year though - actually considering if they'll tie in Black Lightning too then

I loved Kara & Alex together & that sisterly bond showing through still even though it wasn't the real Alex. No need to watch Supergirl to appreciate that . I've liked their bond before in crossovers though

Agreed about Oliver & Barry & what they learned about each other being the heart of the crossover. I loved all of their moments. I can't fault the crossover for what we got - I do wish or feel for Supergirl since it felt like it was missing their cast in their own episode but I still like what they did give us in that episode. Supergirl played an important part in the crossovers & all we got for Oliver & Barry was perfect. Honestly hope that Oliver learns from this that he is a jerk at times & maybe learn to be a little bit less of one. Actually one thing I can fault is how they were meant to Felicity in the episode trying to keep things from her but that's just one more time Oliver is being a jerk & why as much as I find Olicity cute I don't think she should be with him. Felicity is one of my favourite characters though so obviously I felt for her

The Batgirl & Gotham bit was also random but they made it work still & hey they had to introduce their new show somehow . I don't know if I want to try that show or not if they go ahead with it
that matters is that you, you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you’ll let
me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.
Chelle » join gtmy art
shinebrighterxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Graphics Team

Oh! Batgirl. I already forgot but I love Ruby Rose so it was pretty neat to see her suited up. I agree about it being random. She would have been more memorable if she was more important to the story. Leading up to the crossover, I was expecting more of Batgirl. Oh well, can't have everything. We aren't always easy to please. Us fandom people.

I am looking forward to her show. It'll be easier for me to fall in love with it than Gotham I think. I love any superhero in a mask, as you can probably guess. Gotham didn't give us a masked hero, even if it is about Batman. I became a fan of Smallville because my favorite superhero is Superman and it is about him even if we never saw him really suit up until the bitter end. Not upset over that clearly, haha. After TEN whole seasons.

I'm happy for Olicity but I agree with you. *hides from all the Olicity fans* They got together because of the Arrow fandom for sure. It's not comic canon for one, and so obviously this relationship was ignited because of the fandom. The show listened to the people.
cry pretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They'll never please the fandom . I think that their new show would benefit more if Batgirl comes into one of the shows again so we get more of a feel for her. We saw her call Oliver so that seems like perfect opportunity to have her involved in Arrow even if its just for one more episode so she actually has more purpose

I like Catwoman so if they were making something about her I'd be there. Batgirl (or is she meant to be Batwoman?) I don't know. I should probably care though - especially since if they are going to have something set in Gotham then I may get my Catwoman in some form. THe Gotham show I never could understand but I never tried to watch it either. I didn't see the appeal since I didn't think it meant that you'd actually reach the comic stage since it was them as children? Guess eventually if the show goes on for years & years & years but that's a long way away. But then sounds like you're saying Smallville was that but he still wasn't a young child when it started & I think it had more appeal? I'm surprised it took them ten seasons for him to suit up . I just presumed he did as I've never watched. That's crazy & disappointing. At least they finally did though

For once a show listened to fans & gave in to Olicity, but *also hides from Olicity fans* that wasn't necessarily a good thing. Oliver was in no position to be with her (or Laurel to be canon) & its not fair on the female characters to pair him with them. I've always felt that him being with either woman at this stage would lead to heartbreak. Doesn't make me love Olicity any less, but I'd also be happy to see them not together right now
that matters is that you, you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you’ll let
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Graphics Team

She is Batwoman, yes. I meant that, oops.

Apparently they are different characters. I brushed up on my comic knowledge base.

Batgirl on the left (with the full head mask) and Batwoman on the right.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I keep thinking Batgirl but I think the channel here keeps calling her that so that's where I got confused. But yeah there is both easy ti get confused by them. Batwoman sounds better so glad she's really that
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Graphics Team

Yeah, me too. As you can see.

It's Thursday tomorrow!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What makes Thursday exciting?
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Graphics Team

It is closer to Friday.

I am filling out the application for the study abroad program to Australia and New Zealand. It is happening!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Valid point

Exciting! Hope you get to go
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Graphics Team

I also made it through today. It was kind of a rough day. And someone from district came to observe. Oh well...

I've been chatting with my professor about it and she is excited for me to join her!
Old 01-11-2019, 01:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad you made it through the day then That sucks when you're being observed on hard days I feel

Exciting
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-11-2019, 11:29 PM
Graphics Team

It was a bit funny to me. Maybe not to the observer. That's the thing though - the observer only sees that one day and hour. They can't judge what they see that one day. Of course they do, but they shouldn't. Up to this year, I really cared and would be upset. Not to say I don't care now but I just can't let it affect me like it used to. I have areas to improve, like everyone else. I've come to really appreciate the constructive feedback.

I gave that group and my others a little talk about behavior today. Especially when there is a guest.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a good way too look at it . But yeah you can't really judge when you only see a small window, but of course they will & can only observe that small window to judge too

Hope they take in your talk & behave better for you next time
Chelle » join gtmy art
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 PM
Graphics Team

The kids are 4th graders and you know they want to show how "cool" they are. Yep that's right also. Thankfully though they have several walkthroughs to do as well and not just one observation.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Of course Must show off & be "cool"

Glad they'll do a few walkthroughs then & not just the one observation
Chelle » join gtmy art
Reply   Post New Thread