Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode 12.12: The Propagation Proposition - 1/10/19

“The Propagation Proposition”

PENNY’S EX-BOYFRIEND, ZACK, ASKS LEONARD FOR A HUGE FAVOR

Brian Thomas Smith Returns as Penny’s Ex-Boyfriend, Zack

Penny’s ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith), and his wife want a baby, but when Zack is infertile, they ask Leonard for help.
Also, Koothrappali attempts to mend things with his ex-fiancée, Anu (Rait Gupta).

REGULAR CAST:
Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:
Brian George (Dr. Koothrappali)
Brian Thomas Smith (Zack)
Rati Gupta (Anu)
Lindsey Kraft (Marissa)

GUEST CAST:
Shay Ali (Greg)
Chip Chinery (Bob)

STORY BY: Chuck Lorre, Steve Holland, Jeremy Howe
TELEPLAY BY: Maria Ferrari, Dave Goetsch, Eric Kaplan
DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

Promo, Sneak Peeks, Promotional Photos + Press Release

~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks. I should probably watch last week's episode first.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for opening. I'm looking forward for this one
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
I'm looking forward for this one
Yep! Me too!

~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not really thrilled with Leonard going through with being the Johnson's donor. Despite penny's insistence she's okay with it because Leonard didn't get a say in her not wanting kids.

I'm guessing Raj & his fiance rebooting was the writers way of getting out of the India scenario.

Last edited by meka3000; 01-10-2019 at 07:28 PM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I like Zack a whole lot. But I don't know if he is prepared to raise a kid that's half Leonard. Now that I think about it though, given what Beverley did to Leonard, maybe a good natured laid back simpleton is exactly what the Hofstadter DNA needs to thrive.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This basically sums up my thoughts on the whole Zack story http://www.glamour.com/story/the-bi...e-12-recap/amp

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
This basically sums up my thoughts on the whole Zack story http://www.glamour.com/story/the-bi...e-12-recap/amp
I think it's ultimately Penny's decision if she's okay with it. I don't think she was being punished. Though it still doesn't make me like the end result, having your husband donate sperm to your ex-boyfriends wife has alot of awkward repercussions for what can happen in the future. These 2 barely know Zack's wife, besides future possible problems with Zack, what if they begin to detest her the more they get to know her? Lenny IMO didn't really think all of this through.
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by meka3000 (View Post)
I think it's ultimately Penny's decision if she's okay with it. I don't think she was being punished. Though it still doesn't make me like the end result, having your husband donate sperm to your ex-boyfriends wife has alot of awkward repercussions for what can happen in the future. These 2 barely know Zack's wife, besides future possible problems with Zack, what if they begin to detest her the more they get to know her? Lenny IMO didn't really think all of this through.
And it is Penny's ex HUSBAND's wife! The show has totally forgotten they were legally married. And she clearly isn't actually okay with it, at least to me. She is begrudgingly accepting it because she feels she owes him one.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Good one, although I think it was more dramatic than it should've been. Yes, it is weird that they asked Leonard, the husband of Zack's ex. But that's really all there is to it. It's not different from any other sperm donation, except that this time they know where it's going.

Of course he's going to be the biological father of that child but, in my book, that doesn't mean anything. He won't actually be a father. He isn't going to give birth to it, he isn't going to raise it, they'll probably never even meet. He won't have any connection with that child but his DNA. Besides that, they don't appear to meet Zack and his wife on a regular basis. Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't see the problem here.

Kids are off the table, this shouldn't bother Penny at all. And no, she doesn't owe him anything, it's just that he can do whatever he wants with his sperm. It's not about Penny at all.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

For Raj and Any, I still don't see any chemistry between them. I don't understand why they are together and I am less and less interested in their story. This has nothing to do with the actress but the writing, it seems really forced to me.

And Leonard and Penny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I agree. The discussion between Leonard and Sheldon wasn't even funny, except maybe Sheldon being jealous (but doesn't make sense), but I'm sick of Sheldon's bashing Leonard? No Sheldon, you're not nice, this is just the proof of it. Leonard needing Sheldon to tell him that there was an emotional part in this, really? That's Sheldon's character! not him.
The end is completely awkward, these two need to stop accepting what the other want just in an instant. Obviously Penny is not okay with this situation and she's right, and Leonard is not completely okay with not having kids, with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
they'll probably never even meet. He won't have any connection with that child but his DNA. Besides that, they don't appear to meet Zack and his wife on a regular basis.
They meet regularly, they live in the same city, and Zack would probably speak about Leonard all the time. Everything is completely inappropriate.
~Laurence~
Old 01-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
They meet regularly, they live in the same city, and Zack would probably speak about Leonard all the time. Everything is completely inappropriate.
They didn't even know they're married and rich, so I'm gonna say no, they don't meet regularly. They know each other, but I don't think they're truly friends. Besides, Leonard clearly said if she doesn't want him to do it, he won't.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
They didn't even know they're married and rich, so I'm gonna say no, they don't meet regularly. They know each other, but I don't think they're truly friends. Besides, Leonard clearly said if she doesn't want him to do it, he won't.
I'm not saying they are truly friends, but they meet regularly, not often but sometimes. Even once a year it's weird IMO, specially if Zack speaks all the times about Leonard and Penny to his wife.
Zack doesn't take a big part in Leonard and Penny's life but apparently they are very important in Zack's life.
~Laurence~
Old 01-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Despite how dumb Zack and Marissa might be, I'm sure they'd handle this with enough decency. Most parents don't tell their children they come from a donor, or decide to tell them later so they understand. But usually they don't have any relationship with each other whatsoever because, again, donating sperm doesn't make you a father. Zack would still be the father of that child. It doesn't change anything for Leonard and Penny.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I get why Zack would want it. He has always actually had some respect for the guys even when he was dating Penny. It's bizarre though. They probably only thinking Leonard because of the "smarts" the child might hopefully get.

They changed Raj and Anu's storyline in a interesting angle, and I wonder if he will be successful in the relationship and be happy in the end... Get set up by a arranged marriage but step it back to a mutual one where true feelings might develop.

I did like how Leonard and Penny interacted with each other. Still not sure if Penny not wanting children is truly set in stone. Wonder if a surprise baby will end this storyline.

But liked how Sheldon had some sage thoughts of if Leonard really has thought of the possibilities thiis will bring. Can he stay away from his child. Or will they be another branch to the family if there is a baby since Zach has never truly gone away unlike so many other Penny's boyfriends.

Doing the Friend's angle. Monica and Chandler ended up with a family, just a different route. So Leonard ends up with a child, just a little different...

So I am curious where this will all end up going...

I liked Sheldon was trying be a friend in his "Sheldon" way LOL.
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread