Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

1x01: "LELAND BRAY" [The Blacklist: Redemption] Episode Discussion Thread (02/23/2017 @ 10PM)

1x01 | Leland Bray
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
A routine trip to New York turns dangerous when ex-operative Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold) is recruited by Scottie Hargrave (Famke Janssen), the head of an international security firm, to help rescue a kidnapped CIA agent. During the mission, Tom discovers evidence of a conspiracy within his own family. Edi Gathegi, Tawny Cypress and Adrian Martinez also star.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 07:03 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

I'm having a panic attack. You scared me. I thought it had happened to the Apothecary. We can't skip that one. Haha. Then I read the whole title.
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris! Loved the color you picked!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Marilyn, I shocked you?! That's pretty cool But yeah, no worries, it's just Redemption that'll air right after the episode of TBL

Miranda, great to hear that you love the colors I picked.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I am going to watch it this tonight. I need to recover from the episode I just saw.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I tried to watch this last night but I missed the first half because I was in shock. My initial thoughts are that Solomon is going to be wicked awesome on this show. And if Scottie is Toms mother they need to stop the sexy flirty scenes.

I think they are setting up a good plot with this so hopefully it will work out.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Okay, I just watched the pilot and I have to say it was okay at least.

First of all I realized that it's not Tom bothering me because in Redemption, he is that spy, that operative, that we were introduced to at the beginning of TBL. And that's the role I love him in I really do.

Most of all I loved the plot with his father. Man, that was the first episode but everything is so confusing already... So Howard met Tom two times. First of all he told him to stay under the trees so Halcyon can't see him. Nice thing to do
And then there is the accusation of Scottie being the one trying to kill him by tempering with his plain and him believing that Tom is exactly what Howard needs now to infiltrate Halcyon and get on to Scottie.

When Scottie talks about Howard though, it doesn't seem like that at all. She claims that he went crazy after the loss of their son. Many years after their loss actually because he wasn't able to cope and move on. She indeed did. And when she accused him of being crazy she got him removed from the company... I'm really wondering if Howard really is crazy or if Scottie really did all of this and has a much larger agenda.

And wow, sending their son undercover... Brave thing to do.

Oh, and how does Howard know that Tom is his son?

Besides, it's interesting to hear Tom's family history. He was kidnapped from that beach when he was four years old, grew up at the house of the Phelps family and was recruited by the Major when he was 14... So there is this.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I thought Tom was 15 when he was recruited by the Major but that aside, I thought the first episode was good.

I am so interested in Tom and his father. I really wonder who Howard knows that Tom is his son. As we could see he did so much research but I wonder how he can with Tom. And how does he know all those things about him? Where he grew up? That he ran away from home and was recruited by the Major?

I wonder if what she is saying about Scottie is true. That she is wanted him dead. I am thinking of Red who told Tom he couldn't trust her and now Howards says the same..

Was I the only one who was bothered by the scene where Tom and Scottie were dancing and she guided his hand to her leg. All I could think was; She is your mother! Not that she knows of course but that is besides the point. Oh and it made me think way to much of Red and Liz in 1x14.

The scene where Tom and Solomon blew up the pool from the bottom was pretty cool!
Old 02-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Miranda I agree about the sexy scenes. With Red and Liz you don't know who he is and I think he's not her father.

But with Scottie and Tom and we know she's his mother, well that doesn't work for me either.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

All those questions you voiced about Howard, Miranda, will be answered in next week's episode I guess... At least judging by the promo we got

About Scottie I'm curious as well. She didn't seem as if she wanted to see him dead at all... She sincerely felt as if it was killing her. But yeah, I very well recall what Red told Tom.

Quote:
Was I the only one who was bothered by the scene where Tom and Scottie were dancing and she guided his hand to her leg. All I could think was; She is your mother! Not that she knows of course but that is besides the point. Oh and it made me think way to much of Red and Liz in 1x14.
You so weren't alone! First of all, she is his mother, second, he has Liz and his daughter at home... It sucks. I can't handle that kind of stuff.

I sooo love the Solomon/Tom dynamic
Old 02-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Solomon and Tom are great. I so thought they were fighting for real when that girl escaped.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really hope they will be answered next week Kris cause I am so curious!

I really thought Tom and Solomon were fighting for real. Especially with the past they have. I know I am going to love the dynamic between them. It feels so different now that they are working together and not against each other.

Scottie did seems really upset but maybe she is a good actress?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I had the chance to watch and I liked it.

I thought the fight between Tom and Solomon was real too. And blowing up the pool was very cool. Solomon calling Tom Encyclopedia Brown. Lol. I am going to like watching Solomon. But will never trust him.

I am not sure about Scottie. Yes both Red and Howard warned Tom. I am inclined to believe Red. But I thought Scottie opening up to Tom was suspicious. Why was she sharing all that personal info and feelings with Tom? She just hired him and barely knows him. Or does she? I don't believe their previous encounter was enough for her to start getting personal. She knows about Liz and Agnes but didn't ask him any personal questions. Is it because she already knows? Did she move on faster because she knew where Tom was all along? That's where I am with Scottie so far.

And ewwww. That's your mother don't put your hand there.

I wonder if Red knows Howard is alive. Will others from TBL make an appearance?

That baby Agnes is adorable!
HeySoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

You're right about Scottie just opening up to Tom like that. I thought that strange too.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if she knows Tom is her son
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread