Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

1x04: "OPERATION DAVENPORT" [The Blacklist: Redemption] Episode Discussion Thread (03/16/2017 @ 10PM)

1x04 | Operation Davenport
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
When ruthless terrorists escape from a secret black site prison in Manhattan, Tom (Ryan Eggold) and the Halycon team must lock down the city and find them before disaster strikes. Meanwhile, Scottie (Famke Janssen) uncovers clues about her late husband (Terry O'Quinn) that could expose Tom's identity.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 07:04 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMG that promo!!!! I can't wait to see this!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I saw the episode this afternoon and it was a good one again if you ask me. I really like the show.

Wow, the NSA was the bad guy here. Loved that twist and I'm really glad that Tom got to solve that case and bring the truth to light.

Howard... OMFG, he really is working with the detective that looked into Christopher's disappearance and sparked her hopes of finding her son. I can see why Tom freaked out... And man, these guys were fake Phelps. Do you recall that BTS picture of the two of them? So still not Tom's parents.

Whitehall, it's a program A black op... I knew it wasn't a person

Nes is taking drugs still? Oh man, why do I have a feeling that this won't end well...

And what is this with Trever, Scottie and that other woman (oh man, I don't even recall her name)? That won't end good either...
Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

I have seen the boy toy. I guess we are supposed to see that as a Love triangle but I really don't. I guess because Scottie doesn't love Trevor although she might really be mad at her assistant.

I need more Solomon. What's Tupac's middle name? Haha. That scene was pretty funny. He and tom are good together.

I just knew she had found the parents but Howard was one step ahead.

The whole case was pretty interesting.
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, that's true... It's the show's love triangle And I don't like it yet. Do you think that the blonde could end up dead if Scottie should find out about it?
Honestly, I really don't get Scottie's feelings at all... Not sure if she's capable of love at all.

Oh yes, the Tom/Solomon moment was amazing! I laughed so much!

I'm impressed by Howard. Scottie is really smart already but Howard outsmarted her here. Although Mr. Solomon is on Tom's heals.

I thought the case really interesting, too.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I wondered about Scottie killing the blonde and I think it's possible not because she loves anyone but because of the betrayal.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yeah, it is... And still somehow I don't feel Scottie to be as human as Red is... For him it's a lot about betrayals as well but he has another side, a really human side as well that I don't see with Scottie.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Yeah, it is... And still somehow I don't feel Scottie to be as human as Red is... For him it's a lot about betrayals as well but he has another side, a really human side as well that I don't see with Scottie.
There it is. If Red were like Scottie, I wouldn't like him. Don't care for scotti at all and I really am trying.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

You know, I AM liking this show
But, I have some problems with it too

First of all; not enough Solomon
Seriously though.

But the drugs story line just doesn't do it for me. It's been done on so many shows, in so many variations already, I'm not here for a drug addiction story line.

And the fact that Scottie didn't find out yet.
I'm not saying she should've found out right away, definitely not what I'm saying. But, it almost feels like they're playing the same trick on both shows
We have to wait until we find out what Red is to Liz (or the other way around) and now we have to wait until Scottie finds out.
It doesn't add to the suspense for me, it just annoys me and makes me impatient.

I liked the episode, but I didn't love it like the first three.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Agreed Paula. More Solomon please. Stop the drug story line.

And I wish this show had done a different mythology than TBL. They didn't need to repeat the parent thing. Just come up with something else and build from that it would work.

I really like the spy thing and Tom and Solomon are great. Like I said I think it needed a different story then TBL
Old 03-24-2017, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

Yeah I think it could've been so much better and would've benefited the show so much if they had gone a different route

I'll still watch (I mean, Tom & Solomon are enough to keep me watching ), but I think a lot of people could be turned off by the fact that the shows are so much alike. And you'd go like; 'been there, done that', no need to watch this show
Old 03-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Marilyn, I totally get what you mean... She doesn't have any appeal for me either, I simply don't like her. I think she's a player, I think she isn't who she seems to be...

Paula, I get what you mean about them playing the same trick on both shows... On TBL it's Red not knowing her connection to Red, here it's Scottie now knowing her connection to Tom, she doesn't even have a clue they could even have one. It's always the same.

I really like the show in general though. I think that Tom and Solomon are great together. And so is the spy scheme of the show and Howard and Scottie.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I didn't have much interest in this episode. The only thing that interested me were the scenes between Tom and Howard.

I love Solomon and Tom together! So different than in the TBL. I much rather have them being at the same side.

So we are coming closer to what Whitehall is isn't it?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, we are coming closer to what Whitehall is... And that's the reason why somebody should bump the Redemption Mythology thread again
Old 03-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I will go and do that right now
Reply   Post New Thread