Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Moderator Manager

1x06: "GINA ZANETAKOS" Episode Discussion Thread (10/28/13 @ 10PM)

1x06 | Gina Zanetakos
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
After Tom confronts Liz about the box – he claims he’s innocent and insists that they turn it into the FBI so his name can be cleared. Elsewhere, Red informs Liz and the FBI that the next name on the Blacklist is beautiful and deadly corporate terrorist, Gina Zanetakos.

x

Last edited by Miranda; 09-03-2016 at 03:17 AM
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 AM
Moderator Manager

• LOL. Tom is very convincing here arguing with Liz. "What, so I'm Tom Bond?"
  • Hmmm, it was Tom who suggested to Liz that he calls FBI to take him in.
  • Who was calling Grey on his cellphone reporting about Liz & Tom? Was it Meera?
  • Alright, I've forgotten that Gina & Tom were lovers.
  • Kuwait is brought up again in this Red/Harold convo. I'm thinking Harold made some stupid mistake in that op.
  • I think the story Tom is telling Meera was not an actual job interview but a meet-up.
  • ARAM! I might've screamed.
  • Gina Zanetakos uses the name Shubie Hartwell on her passports.
  • Ressler is getting beat up badly again.
  • There was a call on Gina's phone that originated from Berlin according to Aram's trace.
  • Ohhhh, Gina has a box full of fake passports and money too!
  • I just realized (this is the shipper in me talking btw because I noticed it), that Liz & Donald don't call each other by their first name...yet.
  • Liz & Red are in a very trustworthy relationship by this ep which is really nice to see (because we know there's gonna be a fallout soon).
  • LOL on Ressler saying to the other FBI agents to not shoot Gina. Look how well that turned out later.
  • The usual father-daughter jab, Red saying to Liz when she figured out which port it will be: "That's my girl."
  • Gina says she doesn't know Tom when Liz shows her his picture but why do I get the feeling that Gina's lying?
  • Tom points to a picture of Grey and tells Liz that he was the one who interviewed him for a job.

I thought this ep was okay although I found Gina to be a "weak" Blacklister as compared to perhaps Wujing. She was merely an assassin hired by Red. And I think she knows Tom. It's very interesting to rewatch the earlier eps now after we've seen the entire season.

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Gina kicking Ressler's butt in the elevator was hilarious He is usually such a badass that I was surprised that Gina could take him down so easily. She was finished before the elevator reached the bottom floor

Tom trying to manipulate Liz through the glass in the interrogation room was sad. I felt bad for Liz because this time around I totally knew he was playing her.

Gina having a box just like Tom's makes me think that they both definitely work for the same person and that's what all his agents do incase they ever need an immediate out.

Gina having Tom's picture in her apartment pretty much makes me 100% sure that Red is right and they are lovers.

Another reason why I think that both Gina and Tom work for the same person is because their first order of business was framing Red. Gina immediately implemented him in the murder for hire of the Russian defector - no real coercion needed. Usually high level criminals don't roll that fast. And Tom when he saw one of Red's associates on the wall immediately implemented him in connection with the reason he needed to be at the Angle Hotel. Plus I bet he knew since Gina had been apprehended that she would implicate Red as well and their stories would lock.

Liz just wants to believe in Tom - no matter the cost or the evidence that's presented. The picture and identical getaway box in Gina's apartment pretty much told Liz that he was guilty, but she did not want to believe it.

The last scene wheres she was tearing into Red actually made me feel bad for Red Red is telling her the truth, but because she can't accept she turns on him and believes her husband and his criminal lover. I felt bad for Liz too
Old 06-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Moderator Manager

That's quite clever of Gina & Tom to implicate Red although back then, I wouldn't have thought of their connection. When Liz came to Red in the end, Liz was saying all these stuff about Tom and Red said "Is that what Tom said?" like he expected Tom to say that like he also expected Gina to implicate him. It was quite frustrating watching that scene because obviously Red can't tell Liz everything or he can't tell her yet because she needs to figure this out for herself to believe it.

I agree about Liz too. I love that she has so much faith in Tom and that when that trust is taken away like that, it can really keep you in a dark place which we did see later on.

dw | kh
Old 06-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes that's true Red definitely can't share everything with her get. Plus like you said - it's way better for Liz to figure it out for herself. Red planted the original thought to get her thinking, but if Liz didn't have the opportunity to figure everything out herself she might have always resented Red for being the one who brought her world crashing down.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Moderator Manager

And besides if Red tells her everything now, I don't think Liz would've believed him anyway.

I'm going to take note of this ep because it has a great connection to Berlin (and perhaps Tom) and hopefully this Blacklister will be back next season.

dw | kh
Old 06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree - Liz would not believed him - just like she didn't believe him about Tom

I think this was probably the first really telling episode that we had. We just didn't realize how much info we were being given the first time around

I definitely want to see Gina again as well
Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I remember watching this the first time and I didn't like it so much because Gina as being part of the Blacklist wasn't too "dangerous" for me to as compared to Wujing. But after seeing the rest of the season, this ep was really very telling.

dw | kh
Old 06-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I bet we are going to run into a lot more eps like this during our rewatch Hopefully we will find even more answers than we did in this ep
Old 06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Gina kicking Ressler's butt in the elevator was hilarious He is usually such a badass that I was surprised that Gina could take him down so easily. She was finished before the elevator reached the bottom floor
Ressler stood there,let Gina beat up him.He didn't even fight back That confused me.Hey,you're 7-year-old trained agent,when you'are attached,you should kick back and protect yourself.Gina didn't have weapon, if she did have,Ressler maybe dead. is he being gentlement because who attacked him is a woman?

Gina'box has the same symbol as Tom's box,it appeared at the orange envelope Liz took out from a bank deposit box in 1.19 as well.
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Maybe because it was Gina's position? She was strangling him while she was on his back so Ressler couldn't breathe/fight back?

Good catch on 1x19.

dw | kh
Old 06-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Gina punched him behind,but I don't think he cannot kick back. The lift is not a tight space.you are a strong man, it does not make sense you don't have strength to fight with a woman.
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Maybe he underestimated her and wasn't expecting such a fight and so she was able to get the upper hand very quickly.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Or it was an excuse for Gina to leave her phone behind which provided a lead?

dw | kh
Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Moderator Manager

that's probably exactly what it was Lindsay!
Reply   Post New Thread