Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Moderator Manager

1x16: "MAKO TANIDA" Episode Discussion Thread (03/17/14 @ 10PM)

1x16 | Mako Tanida
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
THE HUNTER BECOMES THE HUNTED - The next target on the Blacklist is one of Red’s past associates, crime lord Mako Tanida. After Tanida escapes from prison he is out for revenge. Elsewhere, Tom confronts Jolene after interfering with his mission.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-03-2016 at 04:23 AM
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:42 AM
Moderator Manager

I've watched this last week and I'll post a proper review soon but I thought it was an okay ep. I guess it was more to give some character development for Donald but I really didn't like how they had to kill Audrey for this. Mako Tanida was also a viable Blacklister but the twist in the end with Donald's agent friend was meh. Oh, also I'm glad to know that Donald has friends.

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

1x16 | Mako Tanida
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

The episode s y n o p s i s ;

Quote:
THE HUNTER BECOMES THE HUNTED - The next target on the Blacklist is one of Red’s past associates, crime lord Mako Tanida. After Tanida escapes from prison he is out for revenge. Elsewhere, Tom confronts Jolene after interfering with his mission.

The p r o m o ;

Discuss & Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Another OP updated. The board gets more beautiful with every single one done

But again an episode discussion thread where the episode hasn't even been discussed in. That's really sad...

Mako Tanida was such a great one... Especially for Ressler and Ressler/Red.

And OMFG, I hated them for killing Audrey, I still do because I still would want to have her back
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for updating Kris. It's good that we are updating them this way we can discuss them.

I cried my eyes out during this episode but I loved it that we got to see a whole other side of Ressler even though he was put through so much pain.

I loved the Red and Ressler scenes. Red really seemed to understand Ressler's grief and I hope Ressler believed that Red was being so genuine with him and that he really felt sorry.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I as well love that all of them are being bumped Pretty cool, especially since we only re-watch season 2.

I think that was the episode where for the first time I really loved Ressler in. He was totally fierce and for the first time he got rid of his boy scout image. But I never wanted him to shoot his former best friend (I somehow forgot his name) and I'm so glad that he didn't. He knew that this would be a line for him to cross that he can't come back from...

And I love that quote: 'Nobody can kill someone in cold blood and come out okay on the other end.'

I think Red felt the same way on that Christmas Eve in 1990 when he came home and his family was supposed to be murdered. And that's why he knew what Ressler was feeling exactly and why he as well tried to stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Ressler didn't listen to Red at that point, though.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I was relieved he didn't shoot Bobby Jonica either. I was really scared for him in that moment that he would. I like to think that Liz stoppped him. If she wouldn't have been there to talk him out of it he might have killed Jonica.

Even though Resssler didn't listen to Red I think it did get through to him what Red was telling him.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

I think it did too. I really thought that Ressler was going to shoot him but I am so glad that he didn't.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I as well think it might have ended differently if Liz hadn't been there... She was the last thing to finally stop him. It was great of her and I was so scared. He would have been gone had he shot him.

Besides I agree, too... Ressler for sure was thinking about Red's words as well. I think that was what stopped him from shooting Bobby right away and Liz was the final person to get him out there without throwing away his life.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Besides I agree, too... Ressler for sure was thinking about Red's words as well. I think that was what stopped him from shooting Bobby right away and Liz was the final person to get him out there without throwing away his life.
I agree. I also think he didn't want to be like Red and that could be another reason he didn't shoot Bobby.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I agree. I also think he didn't want to be like Red and that could be another reason he didn't shoot Bobby.
You really think that was on his mind in that moment?
Old 08-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I don't know Kris. Maybe it was. He knew he wasn't a person that could kill somebody in cold blood no matter what they did to him.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

It's a possibility, most definitely... At this point he still saw Red for what he was supposed to be, a mere criminal. A person that he never wanted to become, so yes, it's really a possibility. Or maybe he was thinking about Red's words
Old 08-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I think he thought about both.

I never thought that Jonica would have betrayed Ressler like that. They worked together, they were friends and than he did this to him? Unbelieveable..
Old 08-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yeah, both it could definitely be

You won't believe it but I suspected Jonica from the beginning... Don't ask me why, I just didn't trust him and I wasn't mistaken.
Reply   Post New Thread