Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

2x01: "LORD BALTIMORE" Episode Discussion Thread (09/22/14 @ 10PM)

2x01 | Lord Baltimore
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
RED CONFRONTS AN IMPORTANT PERSON FROM HIS PAST - Red continues to battle Berlin and faces a new threat from a man named Lord Baltimore. An important person comes back from the past into Red's world. Meanwhile, Liz tries to move forward with her life after her showdown with Tom.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:48 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I won't be watching the premiere unfortunately.
Dan♥Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After all the publicity magazine articles I'm ready for Monday night ! RED is back
Old 09-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Woohoo I cannot wait

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Well then! What did everyone think?

1. :O MLP is Red's wife?! Guess his family isn't dead then. I give serious kudos to the writers for deciding to introduce her into the show so early. I cannot wait to see scenes with her and Red together. I also think that MLP is going to be great in this role. There's more to her than we've seen and I like that they already planted her resentment against Red.

2. Megan's acting has improved tremendously. Liz seems to have a better handle on things this season. I liked the way they incorporated the hair cut - plus the way they styled her short hair - into her character's shift. I also liked the way she kept her name and her reason for doing so.

3. Berlin is super creepy.

4. It was nice that we saw some repercussions from the finale. Namely Aram's reference to Meera and Cooper being out on leave. I was surprised Red handed over the flashdrive so easily. I want to believe that's his only copy but... The fact this has already come up again coupled with the fact we got more backstory on Cooper makes me believe that their connection will be explored this season and we'll finally get some answers about Kuwait.

5. The identity of Lord Baltimore was a surprise to me. It was an interesting little twist and I always enjoy those Blacklisters who bring out the profiler side in Liz which we also saw with the Liz/Ressler scenes. Bravo! More of this throughout the season please.

6. We saw so little of Liz and Red actually together ;____;

7. I didn't like the subplot with Ressler. Nothing about it was particularly new or interesting. I can appreciate them trying to do more personal stories with the task force members but this was just so uninspired. We've seen it a hundred times before - done better! - on other cop shows. I'm not sure if the scene with the pills is going anywhere but I'm not looking forward to more of this.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One hell of a start Kirsten ritter was so good . Nice to see Mary louise parker . I hope she lives . Megan love her newer look , kinda hot !
Red got caught the mussad agent was clever how they tracked him !
Harold glad he is "ok"'and back !

So season 1 we saw flashback of the man with one hand in a prison..

The music trigger to awaken the woman , flashbacks of the "Dollhouse series "
Old 09-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that was interesting. Looks like they aren't going to draw out the arc with MLP too much, but I doubt that the Reddington/Berlin confrontation will end that quickly.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the premiere was rather lackluster. and, well, without tom, berlin isn't as intriguing as he should be imo. i also wasn't a fan of liz's wardrobe choices... especially that last scene where you could see her twins bouncing around.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

If Liz can chat more with MLP in a scene; we can probably get the official answer to if Red's her father or not. Maybe MLP's cheracter is Liz's mother and she didn't get a chance to tell her
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
and, well, without tom, berlin isn't as intriguing as he should be imo.:
I have to agree with this point. Berlin's agents are such a big part of his character. I knew I was going to miss Tom, but seriously I miss Tom.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^i was seriously tom's biggest opposer last season, but towards the end, he grew to be such a force. and ryan just played evil so well, but you could sort of wonder if, perhaps, he did really fall in love with liz a bit. i'm really sad that the writers eliminated the threat of him without considering him an asset first. because the tension between tom/liz was so present in the finale. such a waste imo!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:09 AM
Moderator Manager

Awesome S2 premiere!

I was speculating MLP was going to be Liz' mom but how about that? She's Red's wife and she's alive! Now it made sense why they were tight-lipped about her role on the show.

I sort of knew Krysten Ritter's character was Lord Baltimore because the actress is good at playing those type of characters and I wasn't used to seeing Krysten all worried & innocent. So I was actually relieved to see how brilliant she changed from that to being what she really is.

I also think Peter Stomare is brilliant as Berlin (and that accent too). The tub scene was wonderful and now we know that the album Red found where he got a picture was Berlin taking pictures of his captures. My other question is, what exactly did Red do to Berlin's daughter. More importantly, what Mr. Fitch has to do with any of this?

I also like the repercussions with Cooper, it wasn't a "hey, I'm miraculously healed" and we actually get to see him consider the fact that he wants to retire which is realistic. I do have to thank Red that he changed his mind because I'm not a fan of his "replacement". Also a sad but fitting shout-out to Meera c/o Aram.

Lastly, I'm so glad that Liz wig is gone, damn it! HAHA! Megan was wonderful in this ep and I do have the feeling that the chapter with Tom isn't fully over. Also, I thought it was a bit too much with the opening sequence of this ep and the missiles. We all know Red is THE criminal but missiles just freely fired like that? I mean surely the local government would know that.

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
^i was seriously tom's biggest opposer last season, but towards the end, he grew to be such a force. and ryan just played evil so well, but you could sort of wonder if, perhaps, he did really fall in love with liz a bit. i'm really sad that the writers eliminated the threat of him without considering him an asset first. because the tension between tom/liz was so present in the finale. such a waste imo!
I could not agree more. As it stands it feels like his story has been cut short.
Quote:
I also think Peter Stomare is brilliant as Berlin (and that accent too). The tub scene was wonderful and now we know that the album Red found where he got a picture was Berlin taking pictures of his captures. My other question is, what exactly did Red do to Berlin's daughter. More importantly, what Mr. Fitch has to do with any of this?
I'm waiting to see if/when The Alliance pops into this storyline. The tub scene really set the tone for Berlin as a villain.

The thing about the locket was interesting. The way Berlin did that almost made it feel like Red should know exactly why Berlin hates him so much.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:28 PM
New Fan

This was the first episode of the blacklist that I have ever seen. I really enjoyed the episode's plot but was a little lost when it came to the over arching themes and plots - I am going to catch up and watch from the beginning before I continue to watch. Seems like a good show!
audreysurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the board, audreysurp. Glad you decided to sample the show and stop by. The Blacklist might be classified as a procedural but is much easier to understand and enjoy when you've seen all the episodes and know some of the history of the characters. I'd definitely recommend catching up with season one. Plus the show is a lot of fun so I'm sure you'd enjoy it!
Reply   Post New Thread