Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Moderator Manager

2x06: "THE MOMBASA CARTEL" Episode Discussion Thread (10/27/14 @ 10PM)

2x06 | The Mombasa Cartel
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
THE HUNTERS BECOME THE HUNTED - When a mutilated corpse washes ashore, Agent Liz Keen consults Red over what he knows about the deadly underworld of wildlife poachers. Meanwhile Agent Donald Ressler develops a dangerous habit.

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore

dw | kh

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 04:58 AM
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

- Ressler you are desperate addict, face facts!

- Samar's nod to Amir "to erectile dysfunction" was hilarious >.<

- oh Run From Me is never not creepy... never.

- Ressler you need to calm down. For realz.

- You really don't want to mess with Liz.

- aw, Red with Jennifer

- well wash the bubbles off jeeze

- Ressler you have a problem and you need help. (poor thumb)

- well that's a twist.

- worst campfire party ever!

- If we all needed a reminder not to keep our radios next to our bathtub...

- I knew that the beginning flashback would be about Dembe. Now we finally get an idea of what he's been through. ;____; so touched. (and he's an English lit guy!!)

- Jennifer looks like Liz hmmmm

- Love that ending song.

- knew it was Tom locked away. Oh Liz you are so cray cray. I want to know what he told her. I can't wait to see how Red reacts to this reveal.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

that was a great episode, but the reveal was underwhelming, to say the least.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

yeah, it was. I think we all knew Tom was behind that door so it would have been nice to reveal it earlier and actually get to listen to some of the answers Tom seems to have provided Liz.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh, it was tonight!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dembe's back story!

seeing tom was awesome!

and i'm still going with: red is liz's uncle.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I just saw the episode and I really liked it

Yes, Ressler really has a problem and should try to get help. I'm really happy that Liz is aware of it now and I expect her to help him. Although she has her hands full with other stuff.

Wow, Tom was behind the door? I knew that since the door was mentioned... But okay, I guess the real shocker is still waiting to be revealed.
But what he looks like
I'm really super curious about Red's reaction as well.

Dembe's back story It was so heartbreaking and he still wanted Red to keep that guy alive. Red couldn't and I have to admit that I'm not sure if I could have held back in Red's place.

I'm still going with: Jennifer isn't Red's daughter... About what Liz is to him I have no clue and nevertheless think he is her father. Who said that he only had one (in case Jennifer really is his daughter)?
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
dembe's back story!

seeing tom was awesome!

and i'm still going with: red is liz's uncle.
yes ;____;

Yes!!!

and yes

Quote:
Yes, Ressler really has a problem and should try to get help. I'm really happy that Liz is aware of it now and I expect her to help him. Although she has her hands full with other stuff.
Yeah I read their scene at the ambulance as Liz letting him know that he can lean on her.

I was impressed with how far Dembe has come. There's so much going on with him we only ever see the surface and it also stressed why A) Dembe feels so indebted to Red and B) why they have such a meaningful connection.

If Jennifer isn't Red's daughter I can't really fathom what connection she has to him.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:33 AM
Moderator Manager

That episode was super creepy but I always like it when the Blacklister has some personal connection to Red.

First off, DEMBE'S BACKSTORY. Ngl, I was teary-eyed when Red was telling Pearl (yay Peter Fonda but disappointed with how little we got of him) about the Cartel who killed Dembe's parents. He found him when he was 14 y.o. and supported his education. Dembe knows 4 languages and did well in school. Red is his savior. I love it. We've always theorized that Red probably rescued Dembe from slavery and that ep came full circle. By all means Red, kill Pearl. That man deserved it.

Next, I agree that the reveal that it was Tom who was behind that door was anti-climactic. It was probably because we called it the first time we saw it. But of course the bigger question was why she's keeping him and even if Red doesn't know that she is keeping Tom, he suspects it.

Also, clever of Liz to have that man (what's his name) following her get arrested. Now Red is in the news.

So I got confused last time, that Zoe that Red is stalking...who the hell is she? I don't think she's the daughter otherwise I think she'd recognize Red.

Ressler's pill popping has (finally?) come to and end, at least now Liz knows. I don't think she'll tell Cooper because that is the end of Donald at FBI so I hope she helps him through it. Also, I need to see a deeper repercussion of this, like an op getting sabotaged because of Donald.

Lastly, this week's Blacklister was creepy but interesting. Tbh, I always found taxidermy creepy and this one was different, humans were used instead of animals. Matt's hobby was also creepy and the way his parents (and brother) was letting him hunt "the animals" was craaaaazy. Of course they all died.

The next ep looks insane but I can't believe that it'll be the last ep before the holiday break! NOOOOOO!

dw | kh
Old 10-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Oh no, Zoe definitely isn't the daughter... Red was looking for the girl which picture he had taken out of the map of the collection of the Stewmaker. It's definitely the daughter from Berlin because Berlin was having the watch with the same picture in it. And if the story is correct that Berlin had told the FBI when he was in the hospital after the plane crash (and they were still thinking he was one of the officers), it's really Berlin's daughter. But why is the picture in the collection of the Stewmaker when she isn't dead?!

I always loved Dembe but I even love him more now and I really have a lot of respect of his.

And Lindsay, the next episode is the one before the fall finale which means we'll get two more episodes
Old 10-30-2014, 05:18 AM
Moderator Manager

I read some theories elsewhere that Zoe was Red's daughter but after the recent ep, it doesn't look like it was her. It may also be Berlin's daughter though we don't know what deal he's made with Berlin.

Ah good, thanks for the clarification. Two more eps and then another long wait.

dw | kh
Old 10-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I'm really so confused lately by the situation... This Zoe made it even more difficult to figure out and that's something thrown in that I didn't expect.

You're welcome
Old 10-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Moderator Manager

I bet we'll get an answer as to who Zoe really is by the next few eps, at least I hope so. Also, I need to see Naomi again and more of Tom please.

dw | kh
Old 10-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel odd Cooper let Ressler go to Alaska to investigate alone
They did't contact local division to get the info of the underground animal group before he went there ,this bothers me
That Samar immediately recovered from gunshot wound amazes me She's back to work so soon.
Gunshot in the show's universe is quite surreal and funny.Tom got three shots and still alive,Audrey was shot on the gut but dead.Samar seems never to be gunned down ,safe and sound.
Lizzie's secret is hyped by the cast and NBC.It turns out a least surprise.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 10-31-2014 at 11:43 PM
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, the reveal was anti-climactic because everyone had a good guess on who it was. Now they have to give us a believeable SL on how they Liz 'covered' up Tom's death and why she's keeping him.

At least they are wearing bullet proof vests now in Alaska.

dw | kh
Reply   Post New Thread