Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Moderator Manager

2x08: "THE DECEMBRIST" Episode Discussion Thread (11/10/14 @ 10PM)

2x08 | The Decembrist
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
RED GOES AFTER THE NEW THREAT BEHIND BERLIN’S VENGEANCE – Red's motives for Berlin take a sudden turn when he learns Berlin was manipulated by the latest Blacklister to avenge Red. Red and Berlin travel to Moscow to track down a high ranking Russian official who they believe is responsible. Meanwhile, Liz struggles to keep her secret from unraveling.

"Do you know why I admire you Newt?
You do not seek power." - Albus Dumbledore

dw | kh

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 05:04 AM
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for opening the new thread

I love the episode description and am really curious to see Berlin and Red work together. I'm sure they are badass! And Lizzie... I really hope that Red will be back at some point to be there for her.
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Moderator Manager

thank you so much for starting this thread Lindsay

can't wait for this ep!! Too bad it's the fall finale and we have to wait until February for new eps
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

I'm super excited for this episode because it looks like it's all ramping up for a very different and action packed second half come February.

Cannot wait to see the Red/Berlin team up and whatever happens with Tom.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm dreading this ep. I'm excited but it also means once we get this, there won't be a new ep until February. That is just torture.

dw | kh
Old 11-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

last episode till february and then it moves to thursday.
Dan♥Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I don't even want to think about it being the last episode until February... The upcoming two weeks I'll be in the states and I won't be able to see The Blacklist live because it's on hiatus... Funny, isn't it?

But with the holidays and stuff the time will pass by really fast I bet
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lauren If you are staying at a friends house , could watch the black list on demand

That was one hell of a episode. Perhaps the most intense /storyline end for a non season finale . Everyone except Tom, is dead . The Sen. head exploding was pretty gruesome.
So many stories met there end tonight .
I hope we see Tom many times before the May finale .
Liz knows Tom /Red , I believe she knew last season !
Old 11-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

THAT ENDING THOUGH!!! WTF WAS THAT?!?!?!111

LIKE. i can't. WUT?

but tom has to come back! and tom/liz need to have hate sex.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Moderator Manager

HOLY CRAP THAT EPISODE.

I felt bad for what happened to Fitch and him having to tell that story to Red in the end. The whole scene reminded me of Red/Anslo in S1 between the doors. The way he died was pretty gruesome, I literally had my jaw open.

The bit with Red killing Berlin was a bit anti-climactic, I kind of knew it was coming. I still would have preferred Red killing him though. Does Tom know Berlin's dead? And does it mean this whole Berlin business is done with? If both Fitch & Berlin are dead, are we still going to get Blacklisters and now focus on looking for Red's daughter?

AND THAT ENDING. I know some of us called this last season, about Red/Tom knowing each other but at what point did they actually make this deal? Did Red order Tom to marry Liz? Did he use him to get to Berlin?

I also think that Liz still loves Tom inspite of what happened but after that ep, I'm not sure if Tom feels the same or he wants her to think otherwise. And I don't think he'd stay away from Liz, that's not really how Tom operates though I don't think Red would make open requests like that without consequences.

This ep is the reason why I watch this show. I am so pissed that we have to wait until February for new eps. I just can't.

dw | kh
Old 11-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Loyal Fan

The opening cracks me up The shot on Tom was from S1 finale.And the next scene ,Tom lied in the backseat of Liz's car,his hair get long
Whoop,Tom got fixed in a shabby place by one doc. ? So the captive plot is still unpersuasive to me.

I like Alan Fitch,the actor is great,he had much dynamics with Red.They seemed to be quite bond with each other in the old days,they're like frenemy.Unfortunely, the relationship can't continue to be explored deeper.

The climax of the ep. is the end,Tom met with Red. This plot is a bit forced.Tom is only a spy who worked for Berlin.When Berlin SL was done,Tom had nothing to do with the main SL.I feel TPTB is very fond of TOM ,so they decide to keep the character.
I don't think they "worked" at the beginning.If that was the case,it would be inconsistent with the existing SL. Red warned Liz be careful of Tom;they met outside the hospital, Red wanted to shoot Tom on 1.22.Why didn't Red kill him?It seems Tom had something against Red.
The whole ep. is a little off and incoherent,the ending save it, draw the attention and cover the flaws.
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm not sure if Tom feels the same or he wants her to think otherwise.
i'm definitely sure that tom is in love with liz. although, him murdering that dude on the boat makes me want to run away crying because i was hoping for new!leaf tom. and that's just not the case. but red calling the boat/tom filth was as annoying. i mean, i believe red only helped tom because liz truly does love him, but red is just as dirty... if not more! so, for red to turn around and be the one to comfort liz is gross imo.

anyway, as much as i want tom to come back, i want the writers to really make liz come into her own this season. i want her to stop thinking of herself as weak and i want her to evolve beyond relying on red as a confidant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
This plot is a bit forced.
it is, but berlin becoming a focus this season was just as ridiculous! the writers really should have started with tom on the boat and crafted their way to berlin as a mid-season arc versus being the first. even though i hated berlin and i wouldn't care either way. regardless, tom/ryan makes this show interesting and he's pretty much why i'm still hanging around. i mean, liz is still kind of bland. ressler and his drug habit is so cliche. red ALWAYS has to be right! there's a different sort of thrill when it comes to tom. he's a wild card and the writers only use that to advance the plot when need be. sadly. he's definitely the shows greatest asset. or maybe the writers will regroup and make the episodic cases MORE intriguing/intricate? but, dear god, can they please stop using that ONE cabin. i think we've seen it five to six times now. oy, vey!

Last edited by i never learn; 11-11-2014 at 11:14 AM
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is It possible that Red Elimanted all the competition and those trying to kill him ,so he has all the absolute power over the unground ..? Will Tom know be the one calling the shots ,for Berlin and others who were killed..

We dont know what was in Sen Fitch's safe in Fla. I figure Red gave tom passports money visas to start over ,get out of the country.

In the end it was lizzy spying on Tom... I am sure in S-1 she confronted Red about Tom ,he denied any role ...
Old 11-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!! What an episode! That's why I watch the show in the first place.

The end... The last line of the episode?! Really??? I assume that Red knew that Liz would never kill Tom. He could have found out through people being involved in treating Tom or because he had somebody watching Lizzie and/or Tom or whatever.
Maybe they had the deal that Red would help him escape after they got Berlin?!
Because Tom referred only to the four months Liz had him. Why not refer to the time of their marriage?!

And I knew that Berlin's daughter was the girl from the picture...
Old 11-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

dp, I'm so sorry... Every time I post on my phone it's a double post

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 11-12-2014 at 11:36 AM
Reply   Post New Thread