Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

2x18: "VANESSA CRUZ" Episode Discussion Thread (04/02/15 @ 9PM)

2x18 | Vanessa Cruz
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
The task force tracks a provocative female Blacklister, a frame-up artist who targets the wealthy elite. Tom pleads for Liz's help. Red pressures Liz for the Fulcrum, claiming it's now a matter of life and death.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 05:21 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oooh ... it looks really good.
EDMUND & FLORENCE (THE BOOKSHOP)

Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Enjoy the new ep tonight everyone! I'll be back Monday to talk about the ep with all of you.

Happy Holidays!!!

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really can't wait for this episode to air The first thing I'll do in the morning is watch that episode. I already told Sascha that we won't have breakfast before I haven't seen it

I can't wait for you to be back on Monday, Lindsay
Old 04-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Happy Blacklist Thursday!

Enjoy watching the episode everyone. I can't wait to see it tomorrow, I am exited!

Can't wait until you will be back Lindsay! Gonna miss you!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Happy Blacklist Thursday from me as well!

Miranda, when will you be able to watch? Right away in the morning? We have a holiday here tomorrow so I'm not sure about the Netherlands weather they have it as well or not.

And look at this.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ahh!! So excited for tonight! I think they're going to leave us with a big cliffhanger since there's a hiatus.
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
ChellyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyChelle (View Post)
Ahh!! So excited for tonight! I think they're going to leave us with a big cliffhanger since there's a hiatus.
Are you watching the episode live, Chelly?

And yes, for sure a big cliffhanger... Look at that:

Old 04-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nice Kris!!!

Yes, I will be watching live. And I might even give live tweeting a try if some of the actors are doing it :-)
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 04-03-2015, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that would qualify as a cliffhanger. Although the hiatus is supposedly only three weeks. But on the other hand, without Red there's wouldn't be a show, so I'm pretty sure he's not going to die.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Ok so I don't understand why this episode was marketed the way it was. Neither Red or Tom gave Liz an ultimatum or forced her to choose between them. There was no Tom vs Red in my opinion.

I wanted more from the Tom/Liz scenes, but I guess I can't complain. Liz kissing Tom goodbye was awesome! It just shows that she definitely still loves him. She would not have kissed him otherwise. She just would have said goodbye and walked off. I also love that she called Tom for help when Red refused to help her without getting the fulcrum. I hope she starts calling Tom a whole lot more.

And honestly for the first time I don't blame Liz for being pissed on Red. I know I am probably going to be flogged for saying this, but I am going to say it anyway. Red has NO ONE to blame but himself. He should have told Liz about hiring Tom when he had the chance. Even Dembe told him to tell her. This was not life or death information. He can't claim that Liz finding out would have put her in danger. If he just would have told Liz he wouldn't be in this predicament. I can't feel sorry for him this time at all. He is his own worse enemy when it comes to Liz sometimes.

I LOVE that Tom finally opened up to Liz and told her the truth. She deserved to know. So in my opinion the current score is Tom 1 and Red 0.

If Liz suddenly turns to Tom now because he was the one who choose to finally be honest with her and Red didn't cough up the info until he was confronted by Liz, then again Red has no one to blame but himself.

When is Red going to realize that keeping all these secrets is only hurting Liz and their relationship? Tom figured it out pretty quick but Red just can't stop hiding everything from her.

They say it's a big cliff hanger, but not really to me. There is no way they are going to kill Reddington off because he's the main character. Now if any of the other characters were shot and left bleeding on the street when the ep ended then I would definitely be freaking out and worried.

I loved seeing Mr. Kaplan again But I can't help but wonder what Red wants with Vanessa Cruz
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Ok so I don't understand why this episode was marketed the way it was. Neither Red or Tom gave Liz an ultimatum or forced her to choose between them. There was no Tom vs Red in my opinion.
I totally agree with this! I was wondering about why it was at all promoted as Tom vs. Red. Really confusing and I think to just draw in the audience...

Quote:
And honestly for the first time I don't blame Liz for being pissed on Red. I know I am probably going to be flogged for saying this, but I am going to say it anyway. Red has NO ONE to blame but himself. He should have told Liz about hiring Tom when he had the chance. Even Dembe told him to tell her. This was not life or death information. He can't claim that Liz finding out would have put her in danger. If he just would have told Liz he wouldn't be in this predicament. I can't feel sorry for him this time at all. He is his own worse enemy when it comes to Liz sometimes.
I agree with you about that And no worries, I won't flog you for that. Because you're right. I could kill him for not telling her. This again ruined everything.

When it comes to Tom, it's been the first episode where I really got the feeling that he won't survive or stay on the show beyond the season finale somehow. Don't ask me why. It's a combination of so many things. And it's just a feeling but I don't see his purpose now anymore...

When it comes to the score, if you ask me, none of them got a point at all... She made it really clear that Tom is the past for her, not just once this episode. And Red screwed up pretty much as well. So, for me it's a loss on both of them.

I'm wondering if Tom as well told Lizzie that he had betrayed Red somehow and how (we still don't know what exactly happened back then, why he was hired and how he did betray Red, in which extend I mean).

For me it's not so much of a cliffhanger that Red got shocked, the cliffhanger for me is more the relationship between Red and her... It seemed as if she wanted him to leave her life completely. At least to me when she handed him the Fulcrum and said 'It's all you wanted. Take it!". But nicely he was shot right away and she didn't have a chance to leave. Oh, she could have but I guess even after everything she still cares for him.
And I'm glad it proofed him right in front of her, that it was a life or death matter with the Fulcrum this time. At least something that he told her the truth about. :rollseyes:

Mr. Kaplan!!!!!! OMFG, one of the best parts of the episode She is back!

I somehow wasn't really interested in the Blacklister of the week although she seems to have a bigger role in all of Red's 'game'? I didn't even like her! And now we might see her more often which sucks.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
When it comes to Tom, it's been the first episode where I really got the feeling that he won't survive or stay on the show beyond the season finale somehow. Don't ask me why. It's a combination of so many things. And it's just a feeling but I don't see his purpose now anymore...
I agree! Jake's story is complete! I think will finally see him sail into the sunset and the story can move on when the finale hits. Liz can then move on to finding the true love of her life, whoever it might be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm wondering if Tom as well told Lizzie that he had betrayed Red somehow and how (we still don't know what exactly happened back then, why he was hired and how he did betray Red, in which extend I mean).
Red had this conversation with the Major. He approached him to hire one of his agents (Jake) to spy on Liz, but Berlin offered the Major more money and as such he let Jake turn on Red. It was all about who made the biggest payout for services offered.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

It was a big cliffhanger for me just because we don't know what state Red will be in after he is shot. I think we all can agree they won't kill him off, but if he's in a coma or something, that means Liz is on her own out there. I mean sure there's Dembe & Ressler & dare I say Tom to protect her. But only Red knows what's really going on. And if the people who shot him know what she is to him and what she holds and just gave him, she's in a lot of danger. Plus, what happens to the task force if Red is injured for a long period of time???

I hate to admit it, but I was SO happy to finally see a little bit of the real Tom. I found their interactions funny when he said he was going to get a boat and she reminded him that he can't swim.

Although, I do agree that the tone set for him in this episode wasn't good. It seems like they're building up his redemption just for him to go bye-bye. I was glad to see Liz hold firm and say that there's no place for him in her life. And I loved Ressler's glance at her when they were discussing women who choose the wrong men. Nailed it!

I think it was honest writing that she still showed she feels for him. I can't imagine all of a sudden the feelings going away like that. But I, for one, am extremely happy they didn't make her fall back into his arms and ride off into the sunset. If they want to go that storyline, they need to build Tom's character up. And Liz's too!! She has a lot of soul searching to do!

Oh and Mr. Kaplan is back!!! I think Red wants the Blacklister so he can bring down the powerful people who are after him. She's damn good at what she does.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Red had this conversation with the Major. He approached him to hire one of his agents (Jake) to spy on Liz, but Berlin offered the Major more money and as such he let Jake turn on Red. It was all about who made the biggest payout for services offered.
We only know some of it. We don't know what exactly Tom was hired for, what his mission was or why Red wanted Tom to be there... And since we don't know that we don't know in which extent he has betrayed Red. So no, we don't know all of it yet, just a scratch.

Quote:
It was a big cliffhanger for me just because we don't know what state Red will be in after he is shot. I think we all can agree they won't kill him off, but if he's in a coma or something, that means Liz is on her own out there. I mean sure there's Dembe & Ressler & dare I say Tom to protect her. But only Red knows what's really going on. And if the people who shot him know what she is to him and what she holds and just gave him, she's in a lot of danger. Plus, what happens to the task force if Red is injured for a long period of time???
Yeah, that's right... But do you recall the episode synopsis for 2x19? I doubt he'll be in a coma at least. But really injured and needing time to recover, I'm sure about that. I'm wondering if the task force will find out about the incident.

Okay, so I didn't hallucinate that episode being kind of strange for Tom's character... Like starting the redemption course to finally get rid of him (which way ever). It felt just so strange to me.

Quote:
I think it was honest writing that she still showed she feels for him. I can't imagine all of a sudden the feelings going away like that. But I, for one, am extremely happy they didn't make her fall back into his arms and ride off into the sunset. If they want to go that storyline, they need to build Tom's character up. And Liz's too!! She has a lot of soul searching to do!
I totally agree.

And yes, that's a possibility... I'm glad it's not just been us but the others starting to wonder what he needs her to? Vanessa Cruz I mean. Why he was after her.
Reply   Post New Thread