Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

3x01: "THE TROLL FARMER" Episode Discussion Thread (10/01/15 @ 9PM)

3x01 | The Troll Farmer
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
LIZ AND RED ARE ON THE RUN - The season premiere kicks off with the FBI hunting Liz for the murder of the Attorney General. Red (James Spader) and Liz are named to the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list and set out on the run to evade capture. Red calls upon a Blacklister called "The Troll Farmer," to help them flee the city, while the task force must question whom of their own can still be trusted. Dembe is put in a dangerous and compromising position.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 05:28 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Moderator Manager

I am so excited to see this ep
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

I am so excited for this episode!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Me too!!! We finally made it through the summer hiatus!!
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
ChellyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

I don't know if I can get behind a blonde Liz
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

TFTNT Kris!

I am so excited for this episode! It's almost finally here!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!!! I can't wait either and I can't believe that we're back with new episode discussion threads!!

Brian, I'm so with you about the hair color!!! Finally we've got a third party in our 'We don't really like the blond' club
Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

I don't mind the blonde hair! I wanna see Red's reaction to her change in hair color! TONIGHT!! YAY!!! OMG!! In just a few hours we get to see them again!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Website Manager

Smart thinking on Liz's part at the end there going to where the police can't follow... though still might be a sticky situation given the magnitude of what she's been accused of.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I just saw the episode and it's been a really great one! I'm already such a fan of the 'On the run'-storyline

It's awesome to see where everybody stands... Aram being all 'Liz is innocent' as is 'Cooper'. Wow, unbelievable how his view of things have changed. He's such a smart man, I simply love Cooper.

Ressler... Oh man, that was really hard to watch. It's crazy how over the top he was and how he acted because he felt guilty for letting her go in the first place and through his behavior almost getting Samar killed. That was really hard to watch.
I'm glad though that Samar found out about him being involved in her getting out.

Liz move was really smart at the end but Red didn't want her to go there... There must be a reason and having watched the promo for next week I might know why. Still, what other choice did she have.

Dembe OMFG, no!!!!! He has a daughter and a granddaughter!!! Who would have guessed that. And I'm so not a fan of Mr. Salomon, what a jerk (but I really love him as a baddie )

The Director having revealed his name for the first time and I didn't know that he was never really reveled public at all... That he was always only referred to as a Director of Clandestine Services without anybody knowing his identity. The Cabal goes to great length when it comes to keep there secrets and make it seem like it's lies that have been published.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

This is what I was waiting for for these months. I love this episode and I have a feeling that they are totally back on track again.

I love the on the run storyline! I never thought that Red and Liz would be seperated. I always thought that Red would take care of Liz and keep her safe but now that she is on her own I am a little afraid for her. I love the blonde hair and Red's reaction to it was priceless. I know that he saw her mother standing in front of him. I really hope Red will catch up with Liz soon cause I don't know if it was such a great idea for Liz to go to the Russian Embassy.

Ressler! OMG I never imagined that he would really actively hunt her down. He made me cry. And even though he was a *** I think he is acting this way because he won't allow him to feel what he really feels about Liz. He doesn't want to do this but he has too because its his job.
That last scene between Ressler and Liz were he was chasing after her and she climbed over the fence of the Embassy broke my heart. I cried. I thinnk I've started to realize that nothing is gonna be the same aymore.

I knew Aram would still believe in Liz. I just knew it. I still don't really know where Samar stands but I don't think she even knows that herself. An d Cooper, whoa I am so glad he was cleared of all charges. I mean Ressler knew he didn't do anything come on! I hope he can be reinstated soon!

Dembe! He's a father and a grandfather! OMG now I love him even more but I am afraid of what Solomon is gonna want from him.

We know the Director's first name! It's Peter. I didn't get his last name thought it was kinda of hard.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Miranda, so great to hear that you think about the episode the same way I did. It was a great one, they are back with their pace increasing, it's exciting and keeps you on your heals the whole time. And the end of the episode It was great, I love that pace and I want it to stay that way!

I already knew they would be separated And I don't like it but right now it's great and I really hope that they'll reunite next week again!
It was cool that Red realized how scared she was, that he tried to calm her down with one of her stories and yes, she didn't get what he wanted to say at first but he told her which I really loved.
Neither did I expect her to ask that much about her mother. And her profiling him and his reaction to the hair color, I loved this because she was top of her class, damn it! And we need to see this a lot more often.

I didn't understand the Director last name either but it was told. Anybody that's a native English speaker?

I was sure that Ressler really would hunt her down and he didn't disappoint me. But I didn't expect his reaction to the request to give her a fair trial and the benefit of a doubt if they'd catch Liz. Man, I was so disappointed in his reaction. He really was a jerk, I love Aram for saying that!

I'm sure that Mr. Salomon and the Cabal will use Dembe and his daughter/granddaughter to get to Red. Or maybe Liz? Not sure which one but they want to see them gone. And I really hope that Red will hear about it in all the trouble he's in with Liz.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Addicted Fan

It was weird that no one knew the directors identity, that should be public because he can't be active as a field agent in on-going opeartions (abroad or domestic, doesn't matter). If he would be a level lower than the director than I would understand why no one knows his name, but okay. His name is Peter Kotsiopulos.

It's a great dynamic now, I knew that Amar would turn that way, and I didn't surprised by Ressler either, he may feel betrayed that Liz has gone that far, but okay, it's his job to hunt her down now. He is maybe angry, but I'm sure that deep down he knows that she isn't what they say she is. He is just mad about the murder, straight good guy, believing in the system. Samar is going to get more screen time this season as it seems, that's good, she is kind of new and wasn't close to the team, so she now wants to figure this out.

Dembe storyline was a surprise, now they want him to leverage Red out of hiding. Solomon is a great characters, such a class-act, that accent(!), he is like a "villian" version of Red.

Ha, it seems that I'm the only one that thought that she is going to Tom.

Neutral about the hair color and finally she gave a little smile to us, she has those tiny teeth, adorable.

Will see how the on-run storyline plays out later, so far so good.

Oh yes, that split up was logical, it's another thing that shippers want them glue together...
Red probably didn't want her to go to the Russian Embassy because now she basically is confirming what they are saying about her. Ha, I watched that promo and pretty much reveals the reason, but the one I posted maybe also one of them (in the public eyes). My second guess is that they would transport her to you know where and that would turn out as not a good idea. I tried not to be specific, but if you feel it's a spoiler put it under a spoiler tag.

Last edited by believer14; 10-02-2015 at 08:15 AM
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Believer, really cool to see you passing by and joining the discussion

And I'm super happy that you loved the episode as much as we did. It's been really surprising to me how good I thought the episode was and I'm super happy with the on the run storyline.

Yes, you've been the only one who thought she'd go to Tom... I didn't because I know that Ryan will shoot his first scene with Megan next week. So this was not an option at all. Although I really didn't expect her to go to the embassy. That was surprising to me although we could have guessed that since we got the episode description of 3x02 a while ago.

I really love the Dembe storyline, too! And Mr. Solomon I totally agree on what you have said, Believer He's like the villain version of Red!

Peter Kotsiopulos? I definitely will never keep that name in mind because I can't even pronounce it
Old 10-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Addicted Fan

So, is Tom going to be in the next episode? I thought that they wouldn't show Liz till the end, or just show her when she is going somewhere and in the next episode they show us her and Tom. That was my theory.

Yeah, I saw that you guys are wondering, so I start the stream again and pause when he said his name and typed it from the subtitle. It's easy now, Peter Kotsi-opulos, when there is a hard name I always split it in half to write it.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread