Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

3x07: "ZAL BIN HASAAN" Episode Discussion Thread (11/12/15 @ 9PM)

3x07 | Zal Bin Hasaan
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

x

episode synopsis
A family tragedy in Samar's past resurfaces when the Task Force hunt for an elusive international terrorist. The FBI and the Cabal gain significant ground in their search for Liz and Red. Meanwhile, Tom encounters complications in his plan to exonerate Liz.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 05:39 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

for the new thread!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can I tell you how excited I am to learn more about Samar!!!
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
ChellyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris! I can not wait to see this episode. I am so excited for this one and I can't wait to get to know more about Samar!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like anything that comes between Keens and Ressler.
Dan♥Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Holy @%!%!%#%
Mind blown.
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 11-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yeah that's all I got.
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!! I first of all need to work my feels out. When they started talking there I knew this would happen and it really did!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! WTH????

All in all I thought it a great episode though. I loved all the background we got on Samar! It really was something we waited for for so long. About her brother, being alive still, being the terrorist the Scimitar said he'd be. Damn it.

And who the hell was that other guy she was kissing??? I'm so confused.

Oh man, let me start about Ressler, I so love him this season and FINALLY he punched Tom! I loved that moment at Harold's! One of the best things of the episode, too!

Tom and Liz... Whatever. And she with her stupid family crap. Girl, get over it. It's just boring. In general, Liz is so annoying me! But who cares... I really should stop caring for her at all.

Red was pretty cool, although we didn't get a lot of him.

And Hitchin, what a surprise, she through out the Director Maybe she isn't as bad as we thought?

Aram... That poor guy. He was crying that Samar was okay and then she sleeps with Ressler. How did that happen?

No Red/Liz again. Sucks for me.
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Hm, it seems that Hitchin isn't bad after all, or is she.......

Ok, about the ending, I thought, well I can't blame Ressler, Samar was ultra hot last two episodes!!! Then after it ended I thought, oh ****, this was supposed to be Arams romance.

Liz in this episode had even less lines then in the previous episode.

Ryan is a talented actor, and every moment in this episode was gold to me (expect the reunion between him and Liz)... Love the humor from the start to the end. The Tom and Ressler scene was incredible stupid to me, Cooper is calling Ressler to come to his house and lets them two to fight and don't even tell him that he has Karakurt, I mean what the ****... But I really laughed when Ressler kicked that statue or whatever.

The focus was on Samar, I thought Haasan was the guy who killed their parents, but it turns out it Haasan is her brother!!! Nice that they bring the torture guy(Glenn, or it's that the tracking guy, I forgot the name!).

oh yeah, the Mossad agent that Samar was in a relationship(or something like that) while she was in Mossad it seems that the actor is a go-to-guy when someon needs a Mossad agent, in Covert Affairs he was also a Mossad agent, and in another show (I can't remember whaaaaaat) I think he was also Mossad.

Last edited by believer14; 11-13-2015 at 06:40 AM
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I have stopped watching the show since last couple of eps.Now this is a correct decision.since I am a Keenler and catch up the scoop.And I was pissed off and upset of the ending. WTF?! I saw a lot of Keenlers hearts broken last night.
What popped up in my mind at first was "are the writers learning lessons from Shonda Rhimes to boost up ratings?" cuz they can't beat up Scandal and any other TGIT shows.
It's sad that the writers think random sex with colleagues is a way to release your inner frustration. Really sad.The hook up scene is wrong on many levels,extremely OOC. People get upset they have plenty of methods to sort it out.
Why didn't Liz and Ressler hook up back in S1 when Liz came to Ressler's place?
JB said the central relationship of S3 is Keenler. So what is this now? A love hexagon is coming after the fall finale?

Honestly,s**t hit the fan. I'm done with it totally. All of this doesn't make any sense.I've never watched a show having such forced and out-of-blue hook up scene ever .

Last edited by sunshinedan; 11-13-2015 at 07:11 AM
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
Why didn't Liz and Ressler hook up back in S1 when Liz came to Ressler's place?
JB said the central relationship of S3 is Keenler. So what is this now? A love hexagon is coming after the fall finale?

Honestly,s**t hit the fan. I'm done with it totally. All of this doesn't make any sense.I've never watched a show having such forced and out-of-blue hook up scene ever .
Because Ressler actually cares about Liz. More than just a random hook-up. At least that's my interpretation.

Let me preface this by saying that this was probably one of my favorite episodes to date.
As big of a Keenler fan that I am, I actually understand the Ressler/Samar thing. They both were extremely broken that day for different reasons. Samar, obviously because her dead brother turned up alive and actually being a terrorist. And Ressler not only found out that Liz & Tom were in communication but also that Cooper (who he trusts and looks up to) put more faith in Tom than him.

I don't think Samar/Ressler is end game. Hell no. I actually think there are some parallels between this and when Liz hooked up with Tom on the boat. And I definitely think Samar knows where Ressler's heart is. But they both needed each other in that moment to take their minds off of all the crap they have going on in their lives.

I can't get over how upset Ressler got with Tom. Man. He really boiled over and it was great to watch. And you could tell Tom understood why he was so upset and that little smirk he was doing... Oh man!!! Amazing!! It'll be interesting to see how Ressler changes from here on. Not just with Samar but his mentality when it comes to exonerating his former partner. He obviously feels something for her that goes WAY behind just partners. But dude... get it together. He even brought up Audrey which was great as well.

Oh. And I loved Samar in this episode. She carried it and I was so happy to learn more about her. She showed so much vulnerability when she gave her brother over to Red. Wow. That was powerful. I think Mozhan is an awesome actress and I didn't mind that Liz/Red wasn't a huge factor in this episode because she's my favorite.
(but I secretly hate her for having a love scene with Diego)

Oh and I still don't trust Hitchins. I think she is trying to throw Ressler/Reven off her trail.

Last edited by ChellyChelle; 11-13-2015 at 08:54 AM
Old 11-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eh, the fight scene between Ressler and Tom was my least favorite part of the episode. Mainly because neither Tom nor Cooper actually told Ressler that they had captured Karakurt, which was the one thing that they were supposed to want to tell him in the first place, and the one thing that would have made Ressler stop and listen. And the only reason to have them not tell him was so that the fight could happen and Ressler could storm off. Which was stupid.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

You know what, I wanted to stand up and applaud Ressler for calling Tom out like that and laying a good beating on him. Then, I'm nearly getting whiplash because the next scene with Ressler I wanna smack him in the face! Ughhhhh I was SO upset that he hooked up with Samar!!! I mean, I get it, and I wouldn't actually care at all except that all I can think about is my poor cupcake, ARAM!!!

If anyone knows how much Aram feels for Samar, its Ressler. Like 2 minutes earlier he saw Aram crying with relief that Samar was OK, and then he sleeps with her... Like dude... Come on. Where's the bro code?

You know I said it a while back that I didn't trust Samar with Aram's heart and this episode proved my predictions to be true. She not only slept with Ressler, she kissed some other dude too! So, she had her tongue in two guys mouths today, neither of which belonging to her lovable doting and adoring boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I already know whats going to happen next episode, they're going to say it was a mistake or they should just forget it or whatever (I don't think there's real feelings between Ressler & Samar) and they're going to hide it from Aram because they KNOW its going to break his heart. I hope for Aram's sake that he doesn't find out. Best case scenario would be for Samar to just end things with him, citing any other reason but this. He'll still be hurt, but at least not crushed. He doesn't deserve that

I too thought that Hasaan killed Samar's parents, but then I thought I heard them say something about him being 35 and I thought "well thats probably younger than Samar so that seems really strange, what was he like 8 when he killed them???" lol. Then I was just confused. I thought somehow her brother was not going to be good, like he was going to be part of Hasaan's army, but I definitely did not see the twist of him actually BEING Hasaan coming. Kudos to the writers on that one.

Sooooo did Red just let Liz go see Tom? I mean, I know he said it's a bad idea, but then he just left with Dembe to go find that guy who led them to finding Hasaan. Obviously he knew she was going, right? I'm actually REALLY surprised that Liz even told him it was Tom on the phone, after she went to these lengths to lie to him in the first place about calling him, then next time she speaks with him she's just like "oh yeah, that was Tom on the phone" and Red is just like "tisk tisk Lizzie" and then that's it.... Wtf. lol. Obviously he got her burner cell # because she gave it to him because she CALLED HIM WHEN SHE PROMISED RED SHE WOULDN'T but, water under the bridge I suppose... I mean, I thought we would've seen some sort of reaction from Red... I'm sure he knew the whole time that she called him, but SHE didn't know that he knew. Missed opportunity for some Red/Liz angst if you ask me but whatevs.

Dembe fit as a fiddle again I see.... That didn't take long

That's all I got on this episode for now.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

TeamWilson, we haven't gotten any facts that Aram/Samar are anything more than just a crush though. I would definitely have a huge problem with it if that were the case, but so far it just seems to be flirting from Aram and her saying she thought he was handsome.

I don't think they should've done it. But Samar doesn't belong to Aram.
I just wonder if that scene is going to mean some fireworks down the road between Liz/Ressler, Aram/Samar and Aram/Ressler. I could see things getting ugly if anyone ever finds out. And I don't believe the writers put that in there for no one to find out eventually.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMG What an episode!!!!

I love it that we got so much insight on Samar! I had a feeling that her parents had died but now we know for sure. I was so shocked that her brother was still alive! I did not see that coming and him being Zal Bin Hasaan?! Talk about a twist there. I felt so sorry for Samar when she found out that her brother was Hasaan. My heart broke for her when she had to make the decision to give him to Red or deal with him herself.

Ressler was so amazing in this episode! He was so hot and he was vulnerable and I love to see that side of him. He has a rough exterior but inside he's slowly dying I think.

When Aram told Ressler that Saram was safe. His face. It was so sad that he cried but he cried because he was relieved. It was so sweet.

Ressler finally roughed up Tom! I have been waiting for that since episode 1x14 and it finally happened! That fighting scene was so hot!

That ending though?! WTH? Who saw that coming? I sooo did not! I read on Twitter that Ressler and Samar hooked up before I saw the episode and I was quite excited to see it cause I thought Ressler was going to be naked or shirtless or whatever but we only saw them kissing. I do feel really sorry for Aram but I can't really say that I am mad because of that scene. They were emotional and stressed and it might have not been the best idea but it happened.
Reply   Post New Thread