Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2016, 12:39 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
3x09: "THE DIRECTOR" Episode Discussion Thread (01/07/16 @ 9PM)

3x09 | The Director
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D



x





episode synopsis
While Red creates a crime scene to retrieve his care package, friends of the truth rally around Liz, whose life is in danger now that she's in custody.
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot

Last edited by Miranda; 09-04-2016 at 05:44 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
Thanks for starting this Kris! I can't wait to see the episode but I can probably not watch it until tomorrow night or Saturday.
__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM
  #3
Dedicated Fan
 
ChellyChelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 566
Hi Strangers!!
Just wanted to pop in to say how excited I am that the series is back!!
I took a new job a couple months ago so I've been absent for a bit but hope to get back involved now that things are settling down and the 2nd half of the season is starting!

Wahoo
__________________
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
ChellyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
Miranda, you'll give me a sign should you be able to watch it tomorrow somehow, right?

Chelly!!!!!!!!! I sooooo missed you around and I'm beyond happy to see you're back!!!!!
Great news about your new job and I'm happy that everything settling down.

I'm excited for the new episodes as well. So can't wait to see it first thing in the morning tomorrow!

ETA - I just watched the episode!

First of all, that end speech of Red's, damn it, I cried!!! So touching and that he got Aram there to thank him and tell him all of that. It almost broke my heart

Aram... He was fantastic in this episode!!! I always loved him and now even more. He's just such an amazing person and him crying for Liz there and giving them the code in the end and thinking he has lost, he would be the reason for her to die in the end. Drawing that gun and wanting to shoot the Director, I'm really speechless. He was stunning and I Aram sooooo much!

The Liz and Aram moments My heart...

Ressler as well was amazing! It's unbelievable that I really thought I wouldn't be able to go on with him anymore and now I love him again!!!! He finally understood, took him long enough, but he did.

Ressler/Tom were STUNNING!!!! I want more of that. Who could have imagined that they would ever work together at all and even TALK???

Karakurt was really cool, too. I somehow like that guy although I know he betrayed Russia for the Cabal...

Hitchin... Making that mistake and telling Ressler about Tommy. Stupid but yeah, she couldn't let that name go unchecked and I guess she was hoping that it somehow would get them to Karakurt or Red or anything like that... Stupid bit**, it didn't

And that other woman, who got Liz in the end to escort her to the hearing... Reven was amazing, she put in place these security measures before she tried anything else. I love her and I'm so sad she's dead.

Back to Ressler, telling Hitchin what he knows... And that she won't get away with it, AMAZING moment as well This whole episode was pure joy!

The only two people that I weren't too convinced of were Cooper and Samar
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 01-07-2016 at 11:35 PM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:24 AM
  #5
Part-Time Fan
 
alt.er's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 296
Ressler and Tom 4EVA!!!

Forget the old Keenler, I am shipping the new Keenler. DK and TE are gold together. Will post more when I am fully awake.
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:46 AM
  #6
Elite Fan

 
Romantic In Denial's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 37,542
What an amazing episode!!!

Aram was beyond excellent. His actions and reactions were spot on - his efforts to save Liz were awesome and yes, it made me cry too.

Hero #2 was the lawyer who showed up and basically snatched Liz from certain death.

Mr. Solomon is captured!!! OMG!! I hate him but have a feeling he may somehow get out of this - hope I'm wrong.

In the final scene, I could tell that Aram was dubious as to Red's intentions in calling him there. But the speech was heart rending.

The only thing I'm fuzzy on is the story line with the foreign leader and the plates. What was Red asking for in exchange?
__________________
♥ Sue ♥


"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:29 AM
  #7
Fan Forum Hero

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 51,546
My Hubby watches this show faithfully and keeps telling me how good it is and that I should watch it. I guess I'll have to check it out on Netflix and the I would have something real to contribute to the discussion.


5/5
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:40 AM
  #8
Part-Time Fan
 
alt.er's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 296
I loved this episode because the emotional beats worked for me and I have learned to ignore the lapses in realism and logic.

Spader was awesome as always. His scene with Arison at the end was beautifully sublime but personally for me it was also frustrating since I still don't know why Liz is so important to him. It's Season 3, writers! In contrast his scene with Marno was hilariously awesome. I'd totally watch a show where Samar coolly kicks ass and does spy-stuff while Red makes underhanded deals and waxes poetic about beef, opiate and women.

I liked MB's subtle acting throughout - going from hopeless and resentful at Ressler at the beginning to terrified and resigned in the box and finally hopeful and relieved when Ressler swoops in to escort her at the last possible second. I loved her little "about time" smile at him and then the teary smile in the car because her partner thinks she is innocent. A lot has been said about MB's acting but she, IMHO does the best she can with the material provided and in this episode, she rose above it.

DK too had to do a lot of heavy-lifting in this episode. IMHO, in this episode Ressler finally became a leader from a foot-soldier. He dealt with his whole belief-system falling apart like a champ. He figured out Hitchen's duplicity quickly but kept his cool trying to come up with a alternative plan. I loved DK's acting in the scene - the fear creeping into his eyes as he struggled to maintain his poker face. I also loved how Ressler confesses his mistake to Tom and accepts Tom's snide comments. He was wrong but he is man enough to admit it. He also followed his instincts for once and things got better. Maybe now he'll learn to listen to his gut.

Tom was so good in this episode. I am loving his bromance with Ressler. DK and RE love working together and that feeling comes through. I loved his little resentful comment about how hanging with Ressler has given him a conscience! LOL But frankly, I didn't get why he didn't want Solomon dead. He killed Asher (a well-meaning idiot) without much remorse but talked Ressler down from killing a monster like Solomon. Is it because he sees a good man in Ressler and didn't want him to turn into a killer?

But the MVP of the episode was Aram! Holy Crap! Bow down to this man! All those haters who were ripping him a new one for his part in catching Liz need to see this episode. He is a good man who wants to do the right thing, even if it means he'd risk dying in the process. He, like Ressler really believes in the law and wants Liz to get exonerated and get her life back. That's the only reason he helped Ressler bring her in and then he did everything he could to protect her.

But as usual a lot of the plotlines didn't work for me . I found it ridiculous that CIA could just waltz in to a fed blacksite and cut off Liz's airsupply and none of the weapons-laden bodyguards who follow Ressler around do anything to stop them.

And it was also kind of convenient that some of Ressler's protocols worked while others didn't. It seemed all it was was for the new White House counsel to walk in and stop the Director and Hitchins. Then why didn't Ressler or Aram call her in the first place? But atleast Wright got to kickass from beyond the grave. And thank you writers for lifting the whole plot from L.A Confidential and making Ressler look smart for once.

Also the marital drama between Cooper and Charlene just drags. It seems to me the writers just made up a cheating story to give Cooper manpain, as if the man hasn't suffered enough. Why couldn't one couple on the show be normal and happy?
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:41 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
My Hubby watches this show faithfully and keeps telling me how good it is and that I should watch it. I guess I'll have to check it out on Netflix and the I would have something real to contribute to the discussion.


5/5
Aww, hey there Thanks so much for passing by and btw, the show really is stunning and you definitely should watch it! It's a must.

Quote:
I loved this episode because the emotional beats worked for me and I have learned to ignore the lapses in realism and logic.
Same here when it comes to this episode! The emotional side of that episode was stunning!!! And yes, it let me ignore some of the lapses!

Quote:
Spader was awesome as always. His scene with Arison at the end was beautifully sublime but personally for me it was also frustrating since I still don't know why Liz is so important to him. It's Season 3, writers! In contrast his scene with Marno was hilariously awesome. I'd totally watch a show where Samar coolly kicks ass and does spy-stuff while Red makes underhanded deals and waxes poetic about beef, opiate and women.
Somehow the Samar/Red stuff didn't appeal to me that much, there's been more chemistry between these two before... It all was Aram and Red for me Oh and Tom and Ressler, but I guess you'll comment on that one later on again.

About it being frustrating to not know what the connection is I somehow disagree... I love the mystery about it but in this episode it was shown how deep that emotional bond from Red's side goes It was really surprising, even for me. It made me cry. And now we know, he really loves Liz (in which way ever doesn't matter), but he loves her so much. It's been overwhelming to get to see that final scene tonight for me.

I personally think that this episode was kind of Megan's best one EVER!!!! Her acting was fantastic and I was really astonished by it. Amazing work. And same applies to Amir. They were the two shining in this episodes. Wow! My respects...

Quote:
Tom was so good in this episode. I am loving his bromance with Ressler. DK and RE love working together and that feeling comes through. I loved his little resentful comment about how hanging with Ressler has given him a conscience! LOL But frankly, I didn't get why he didn't want Solomon dead. He killed Asher (a well-meaning idiot) without much remorse but talked Ressler down from killing a monster like Solomon. Is it because he sees a good man in Ressler and didn't want him to turn into a killer?
It wasn't about Tom not wanting Solomon dead... I really think he would have killed him would it have been him with the gun and Solomon alone. What he said, he did it for Ressler. And I loved that really because it showed us a side of Tom that we NEVER before got to see. He felt empathy and what Ressler told Tom about his father Tom remembered and saw what consequences it would have had for Ressler to kill Solomon. Amazing as well. This episode was full of surprises.

Quote:
But as usual a lot of the plotlines didn't work for me . I found it ridiculous that CIA could just waltz in to a fed blacksite and cut off Liz's airsupply and none of the weapons-laden bodyguards who follow Ressler around do anything to stop them.
That was brilliant to me tbh... He waltzed in there because there 'was' (we all know that was made up) a notice for a terrorist attack being committed by a Russian person... And when it comes to terrorist attacks and preventing them from happening that isn't really uncommon.
And it was as well brilliant that all these so called 'bodyguards' didn't do anything. You saw the faces of all the peeps in the blacksite. Elizabeth Keen for all of them is a terrorist and therewith a really dirty federal agent. They wouldn't kill her but they wouldn't mind her to die and watch for sure... That's normal with dirty cops I totally get that.

Quote:
And it was also kind of convenient that some of Ressler's protocols worked while others didn't. It seemed all it was was for the new White House counsel to walk in and stop the Director and Hitchins. Then why didn't Ressler or Aram call her in the first place? But atleast Wright got to kickass from beyond the grave. And thank you writers for lifting the whole plot from L.A Confidential and making Ressler look smart for once.
It were Reven's protocols and we never knew what she put up exactly, right? Besides of those peeps getting her and bringing her to that special judge (I forgot the name but it was mentioned) and for her to get a closed hearing in front of him. It was all Reven's. Or what do you mean exactly?

Quote:
Also the marital drama between Cooper and Charlene just drags. It seems to me the writers just made up a cheating story to give Cooper manpain, as if the man hasn't suffered enough. Why couldn't one couple on the show be normal and happy?
That's just the most stupid storyline TBL ever had...
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:42 AM
  #10
Dedicated Fan
 
TeamWilson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 841


What a great way to come back to Thursday nights!! This episode was so great!!

Honest to God I stopped breathing for that ENTIRE exchange between Red & Aram at the end.... like I was so scared about what was going to happen that I actually forgot to breathe... Then when he tells Aram he's forever in his debt and walks away from him I just let out this huge sigh of relief that nothing bad happened to Aram
I didn't think Red would ever do anything to harm Aram but after reading a recent interview with JB saying how "anything is possible" and they're not afraid to cross boundaries, etc. I was legitimately scared that they may try and turn the viewers on Red for whatever reason.

Anyway, crisis averted, the cupcake is fine! And what a tremendous job Amir did in this episode! Just, wow! He went from sideline character to hero of the night! I loved it!

You know one thing I didn't totally get from the previous episode (Kings of the Highway) though that I thought of? Ressler is all about his principles and everything, but when Samar told him it was HER who tipped off Red & Liz and NOT Cooper, he still went on to let Reven believe it was Cooper... I don't get why he did that? They stood there and had a conversation after Ressler found out and Reven asked Ressler if he thinks she should report him for tipping off Red & Liz and Ressler just kind of shrugged and basically told her she's gotta do what she's gotta do.... Its not that he was protecting Samar because he already told Reven that Samar helped Liz that morning (doing the phone trace) and that he fired her for it. So, idk, just a loose end I never really thought about until now...

I actually liked seeing Tom & Ressler working together! Though I didn't totally get how Tom out of the blue grew a conscience and cared so much about Ressler killing Solomon... It's not like he would care if Solomon died, but he was doing it I guess so that Ressler wouldn't end up risking his career to kill Solomon, but again... why does Tom care about Ressler? Whatever, it was a great scene, lol.

Can someone remind me WHY Karakurt is helping exonerate Liz? Like did they offer him something? I can't remember... I get why he would do it so Tom wouldn't kill him when he had him captured, but then he had the chance to kill Tom and didn't so, now I'm trying to remember if they promised Karakurt something in exchange for his confession?

Also, Cooper to the rescue there with Ressler & Tom was just AWESOME

That lady at the end who showed up with the U.S. Marshalls was awesome! I love that Reven took those measures and put the protocols in place!!

Dembe being the bigger man again and walking away from Solomon after everything he did to him...

And I'll end with going back to my first thought about the episode, the end scene... It was just soooo good. Spader really delivered on that speech! He also basically said that he loves Liz which although is great, it only serves as a reminder to me that we don't know WHY!! What is the connection???
__________________
~WILSON IS NOT A CONSOLATION PRIZE~
TeamWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:25 PM
  #11
Dedicated Fan
 
ChellyChelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 566
That end scene with Red/Aram.... I cried legit tears.
I felt every bit of emotion in that scene that was there to give. Just kudos to James & Amir.

I think we watched Aram finally grow into the badass agent that we all know he is. His character has dealt with a lot of self doubt (especially when it comes to life/death situations) and this episode forced him to put the fear aside and take control. And he saved the day.

Liz/Megan. I agree with Kris that her acting was a lot better than previous episodes. Liz made me want to root for her again and I loved her scenes. Can't wait to see how she handles the trial and what happens.

Who knew I was a Tom/Ress fan.....
Their scenes were electric!! Humor and emotion and teamwork. Whoa.
At first when Ressler opened up to Tom about his dad, I thought it was out of character. But here was Ressler, trusting the wrong person (Hitchins) just like his dad did. I'm sure he was flooded with emotions. And now I'm wondering where Tom goes from here. Because Tom was instrumental in keeping Liz safe by finding Karakurt. So whether they all like it or not, Tom risked his life to help save her too.

I still hate how long it took Ressler to finally come around. I'm glad he did, but I still don't think the writers give his character enough credit. And I personally didn't like the end scene where he told Liz that he believed she was framed. Of course she was framed!!! Ugh... So much more should have been said. I hope they have a better talk soon.

Oh for the Ressler fans... did anyone else melt when he walked in at the end and told everyone "She's coming with me..." Ok Ress... whatever you say

The Cooper/Charlene scenes about broke my heart. I hate that storyline. She's been nothing but his biggest supporter through all this mess. And to have her cheat.... Ugh.

I loved Samar's solo scenes when she was stealing the package. Mozhan is such a great actress!!! But the scenes with her/Red seemed forced. I love their chemistry usually but didn't feel it this episode.

Last thing... I may be alone in this but I don't like how Solomon got caught. I think he's too badass to get caught so easily. I kind of hope he escapes or someone throws a wrench in their plan to fry him. Because I love his villain character and I want to see him do some damage before we're done with him on this show.
__________________
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
ChellyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:19 AM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
OMG! This was sooooo worth the wait! What an AMAZING episode! I cried so much! so much!

ARAM! My amazing, sweet Aram! I loved him already but now I adore him and love him to pieces! I knew it was him, changing the code of the box. Great move Aram! His scenes with Liz! It broke my heart when I saw him crying. And then when he saved her life! Now their friendship has even more meaning to me! The way he pulled out that gun and tried to protect Liz! He would really do anything for her. I am glad though that Liz could change his mind cause if we would have shot Hithcin or the Director he would have never forgiven himself for that I think, even if it was to save Liz.

Ressler and Liz! My heart made a little jump! "I will keep you safe I promise." and we he finally got it that he couldn't keep her safe on his own "I won't let them have her." And that end scene in the car when he told her that he believed that she was framed. I was so happy! And the way he stood in front of that box to keep her safe was amazing!

Ressler! I love him so much! He really stepped up in this episode. Yes he screwed up by telling Hitchin about Karakurt but he solved in the end. And I never thought he would figure out in this episode already that Hitchin killed Reven. I am glad he did though. And that shoulder squeeze that Ressler gave Aram was sweet!

Ressler and Tom! Never thought I'd say this but damn I love these two together! I loved them working together to save the woman they both love. When Ressler told Tom about his father and when Tom brought up his father when he was aiming his gun at Solomon made me cry. That was a beautiful scene!

RED AND ARAM! Sorry I am using capital letters but that scene! Aram coming up on his bike and thinking that Red was going to kill him or whatever but instead Red giving him an amazing, beautiful speech and thanking Aram. I cried my eyes out during this scene. It was sooo amazing!
__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:07 AM
  #13
Part-Time Fan
 
alt.er's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
And now we know, he really loves Liz (in which way ever doesn't matter), but he loves her so much. It's been overwhelming to get to see that final scene tonight for me.
Oh I agree that he loves her - there was never any doubt in my mind that he loves her. And personally, I think that love is paternal but I don't believe he is her biological father. That's just my personal feelings and no offense intended to anyone.

Quote:
I personally think that this episode was kind of Megan's best one EVER!!!! Her acting was fantastic and I was really astonished by it. Amazing work. And same applies to Amir. They were the two shining in this episodes. Wow! My respects...
Agree wholeheartedly. Megan and Amir were awesome.

So was Diego in a more understated way. And I loved RE too - his real life bromance with DK shone through his performance. I would love to see these two as vitriolic besties (as long as Tom doesn't get with Liz. ). They could go around roughing other people instead of each other.

Quote:
And it was as well brilliant that all these so called 'bodyguards' didn't do anything. You saw the faces of all the peeps in the blacksite. Elizabeth Keen for all of them is a terrorist and therewith a really dirty federal agent. They wouldn't kill her but they wouldn't mind her to die and watch for sure... That's normal with dirty cops I totally get that.
Maybe I'm wrong but those feds work for Ressler. They take their orders from him. The agency isn't a strictly military organization but it still has a strict chain of command and very vicious inter-service rivalries. There have been countless newspaper exposes on how the various services refuse to work together, trying to outdo one another. So whether they want Keen dead or not, it is just unbelievable that they would just let outsiders come in and take over. But on this show, none of the background agents were ever allowed to get any personality. I'm not even sure what it is they actually do there. There were so many discrepancies in those scenes. Ressler is the head of the task force but he doesn't have any second-in-command who would take over in his absence. Ressler left and no one was there to take up the slack.

It was even more ridiculous that when Aram drew his weapon, not a single person backed him up. I just can't believe real life agents would allow a bunch of outsiders to cuff one of their own on their own turf. I can't help it - I hate how the feds are portrayed on this show - weak, ineffectual and cowardly.

Quote:
It were Reven's protocols and we never knew what she put up exactly, right? Besides of those peeps getting her and bringing her to that special judge (I forgot the name but it was mentioned) and for her to get a closed hearing in front of him. It was all Reven's. Or what do you mean exactly?
In 3x08, Aram demanded Ressler explain the protocols in place to protect Liz and Ressler does, saying that he had helped Wright came up with them which makes sense. Wright's trust in Ressler was absolute - her last words were for him after all. So it makes sense that he helped her come up with the protocols. He also knew about the U.S Marshalls who were to be Liz's escort and in 3X08, he told Aram that he had handpicked them himself. So he had to have known about Panenbaker - so why didn't he just go to her in the first place?

Quote:
Who knew I was a Tom/Ress fan.....
I know right??? I have a new Keener ship. Two hot men who are good with their guns.

Quote:
I loved Samar's solo scenes when she was stealing the package. Mozhan is such a great actress!!! But the scenes with her/Red seemed forced. I love their chemistry usually but didn't feel it this episode.
Hmm! Kris also mentioned how she didn't see the chemistry.
I don't know..I guess I just love this two together.

Quote:
Last thing... I may be alone in this but I don't like how Solomon got caught. I think he's too badass to get caught so easily.
The actor is fantastic and he injects so much silky smooth menace in everything Solomon does. But I always thought he was more talk than action. And I guess his back was against the wall with Liz back in custody. He had limited time to get Karakurt and after Tessler action duo was done with his bunch of goons, he was all alone.

Quote:
Ressler and Liz! My heart made a little jump! "I will keep you safe I promise." and we he finally got it that he couldn't keep her safe on his own "I won't let them have her." And that end scene in the car when he told her that he believed that she was framed. I was so happy! And the way he stood in front of that box to keep her safe was amazing!
Yep that defiant stance with one hand on his gun was everything. And then Aram even did it even better.

Ressler and Liz together after so long was so amazing to watch. And Liz's teary eyes when she realized that he believes in her.

Quote:
Ressler! I love him so much! He really stepped up in this episode. Yes he screwed up by telling Hitchin about Karakurt but he solved in the end. And I never thought he would figure out in this episode already that Hitchin killed Reven. I am glad he did though. And that shoulder squeeze that Ressler gave Aram was sweet!
Yes, he made mistakes but he thought fast on his feet and then made up for them. He was smart, perceptive and a guntoting badass. I could get used to this Ressler. And the way he ordered the Director to get out.
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:31 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
Oh wow, so great to see you all back in here again!

About Aram, him protecting Liz and the final scene between Red and Aram I think we all share the same opinion!

Quote:
That end scene with Red/Aram.... I cried legit tears.
I felt every bit of emotion in that scene that was there to give. Just kudos to James & Amir.
And yes, I cried, too!

Quote:
You know one thing I didn't totally get from the previous episode (Kings of the Highway) though that I thought of? Ressler is all about his principles and everything, but when Samar told him it was HER who tipped off Red & Liz and NOT Cooper, he still went on to let Reven believe it was Cooper... I don't get why he did that? They stood there and had a conversation after Ressler found out and Reven asked Ressler if he thinks she should report him for tipping off Red & Liz and Ressler just kind of shrugged and basically told her she's gotta do what she's gotta do.... Its not that he was protecting Samar because he already told Reven that Samar helped Liz that morning (doing the phone trace) and that he fired her for it. So, idk, just a loose end I never really thought about until now...
I sadly didn't manage to re-watch all the 8 episodes before the season continued this week so I can't really recall if he really let Reven believe it's been Cooper Maybe he did it because he knew that Cooper was working with Tom and so pissed about it... And since he had fired Samar already it wouldn't have had any consequences for her anymore, so why not blame it on Cooper who let him down that much by working with Tom (at that point)
I really hope there wasn't anything further intended, for example the thought that Cooper might be back as soon as Liz is exonerated and Ressler would have to give up his position again

Quote:
Can someone remind me WHY Karakurt is helping exonerate Liz? Like did they offer him something? I can't remember... I get why he would do it so Tom wouldn't kill him when he had him captured, but then he had the chance to kill Tom and didn't so, now I'm trying to remember if they promised Karakurt something in exchange for his confession?
About that part I'm totally in the dark as well... I have no clue AT ALL!

Quote:
I still hate how long it took Ressler to finally come around. I'm glad he did, but I still don't think the writers give his character enough credit. And I personally didn't like the end scene where he told Liz that he believed she was framed. Of course she was framed!!! Ugh... So much more should have been said. I hope they have a better talk soon.
Me, too! But he got around! And that's what counts in the end... It needed Hitchin's and her being involved and Reven killed by her to make Ressler realize that this goes far beyond his imagination...

Quote:
I loved Samar's solo scenes when she was stealing the package. Mozhan is such a great actress!!! But the scenes with her/Red seemed forced. I love their chemistry usually but didn't feel it this episode.
I'm really glad to read that I'm not the only one because I really was afraid I would be... I normally so love their scenes and there is normally so much chemistry in those moments but these ones, nothing. It was as if there was a void between those two so deep that you wouldn't have been able to cross it.

Quote:
Last thing... I may be alone in this but I don't like how Solomon got caught. I think he's too badass to get caught so easily. I kind of hope he escapes or someone throws a wrench in their plan to fry him. Because I love his villain character and I want to see him do some damage before we're done with him on this show.
I was waiting for you to come over here and say something about Solomon. I think we shouldn't rule him out just yet. He was standing there with such an arrogance, I doubt that he'll stay in there for long... I bet we haven't seen the last of him, therefore he's too popular at the one hand and I think Solomon might be the one they really need to be afraid of (but maybe it's just me).

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but those feds work for Ressler. They take their orders from him. The agency isn't a strictly military organization but it still has a strict chain of command and very vicious inter-service rivalries. There have been countless newspaper exposes on how the various services refuse to work together, trying to outdo one another. So whether they want Keen dead or not, it is just unbelievable that they would just let outsiders come in and take over. But on this show, none of the background agents were ever allowed to get any personality. I'm not even sure what it is they actually do there. There were so many discrepancies in those scenes. Ressler is the head of the task force but he doesn't have any second-in-command who would take over in his absence. Ressler left and no one was there to take up the slack.
Orders are never what people feel and when there is the Director of CS standing in front of you with a threat to the USA, they for sure will stand back. Besides, there can't anybody be trusted anymore at that time, we all know that. Ressler didn't either, he talked only to Aram and that was it. Aram was the only one he trusted, that's why no other of them was put into command.
We shouldn't forget these people's opinions and what they know. They don't know that Liz isn't a terrorist who killed 14 CIA agents, a senator and the Attorney General. They think she did and Ressler up until short did bring her in for a hearing. He never shared with anybody of these guys what his personal opinion was and I bet it wouldn't have mattered to them because to them she's a stranger, just a terrorist.

It was the Director of CS and a member of the national security counsel of the president... Aram was aiming on those and the hell these feds will do to aim their guns on them.

Quote:
In 3x08, Aram demanded Ressler explain the protocols in place to protect Liz and Ressler does, saying that he had helped Wright came up with them which makes sense. Wright's trust in Ressler was absolute - her last words for him after all. He also knew about the U.S Marshalls who were to be Liz's escort and in 3X08, he told Aram that he had handpicked them himself. So he had to have known about Panenbaker - so why didn't he just go to her in the first place?
Because she nevertheless wouldn't have been there earlier... Maybe it took them so long to get there? Who knows where she was and what kind of stuff she had to arrange before? It's not always that easy and her being there within two or three hours was pretty fast.
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:30 AM
  #15
Part-Time Fan
 
alt.er's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
Orders are never what people feel and when there is the Director of CS standing in front of you with a threat to the USA, they for sure will stand back. Besides, there can't anybody be trusted anymore at that time, we all know that. Ressler didn't either, he talked only to Aram and that was it. Aram was the only one he trusted, that's why no other of them was put into command.
We shouldn't forget these people's opinions and what they know. They don't know that Liz isn't a terrorist who killed 14 CIA agents, a senator and the Attorney General. They think she did and Ressler up until short did bring her in for a hearing. He never shared with anybody of these guys what his personal opinion was and I bet it wouldn't have mattered to them because to them she's a stranger, just a terrorist.
Very good points. You've made me reconsider my position. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to seeing the feds be so useless and powerless on a tv show. They were all bunch of gutless, spineless fools and Ressler should have fired the whole lot of the instead of Samar.

But I just can't believe that all of them think Liz is some kind of terrorist. They are privy to the same info that our task force trio is to. Am I to believe that after working with Liz for two whole years, only Aram, Samar and Ressler believe in her innocence? I think the background agents are just that - extras hired to populate the set to make it look like a powerful task force. The writers never really gave much consideration to what their exact function is supposed to be.

Quote:
I really hope there wasn't anything further intended, for example the thought that Cooper might be back as soon as Liz is exonerated and Ressler would have to give up his position again
No way would Ressler try to sabotage Cooper's return. The reason he was completely gutted by Cooper's behind-his-back actions was because Ressler respects him immensely. He still calls Cooper Boss. And as obsessive and single-minded Ressler is about his job, he was never shown to so ambitious that he'd stab his old boss in his back to get ahead. He didn't even sit in Cooper's office regularly - he kept returning to his old office.
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
the blacklist



Forum Affiliates
Spaderfans
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST Speechless S01E15 720p HDTV x264-SVA [eztv] | Kiss Me First S01 FRENCH HDTV | The Wrong Mans