Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 01:59 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
3x11: "MR. GREGORY DEVRY" Episode Discussion Thread (01/21/16 @ 9PM)

3x11 | Mr. Gregory Devry
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D



x





episode synopsis
With her name finally cleared, Liz attempts to reclaim her former life. Red works with the task force to infiltrate an assembly of high-level criminals at large in a rare, risky opportunity to capture the heads of the world's most lethal organized crime syndicates.
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:06 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:11 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
Happy Blacklist Thursday! Enjoy the episode everybody

__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:23 PM
  #3
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,029
Guys, I'm so wrong wrong
This so-call twist is not sort of surprise at all.wow ,these male writers indeed don't know women well.
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:36 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
And I knew it the whole time... I never believed they wouldn't be writing it in. Her being exonerated, not being out in the field, what better opportunity would there be. See, that's why I never got my hopes up because I was sure they'd write it in. And here we go... Brilliant. Wow, I couldn't have been more disappointed.

And her sleeping with Tom again... Another fail. And that proposal. No words. And we're back to senseless lap dog Tom. His character has so much potential and they are wasting it all! Okay, enough of the rant, who cares, right?

To the good aspects of the episode, I loved Red and his double ganger. Gregory Devry really was a close friend of Reds and he was dying and so he did something for him for Red killing him. Damn it, that's tragic but I somehow love that Red didn't kill him out of revenge or something but because he wanted to die because he was dying a horrible death anyhow.
Now we as well know where he got all the information from. I loved it, really.

Red was, like always, fantastic. I loved him so much and I loved the Red/Liz moments, too. Red still isn't fond of Tom and he'll never be. I love that there is at least some consistency when it comes to Red and his feelings about Tom.

Mr. Kaplan!!! I'm such a fan of hers. I'm sure that was the last time she put on her headphones while cleaning I really was worried they'd kill her.
And that final scene of her and Red. OMFG! I'm dead! She is so stunning and him together with her. And they way they were talking, again as if Red was Liz's father. Damn it! Same about the Tom scene and Red not giving his permission to the marriage. I really hope he isn't Tom's father in the end I really don't know what to think anymore.

Katarina Rostova disappeared? I was suspecting something like that... Red never said (as far as I remember) that Katarina was dead. He told Liz that her father was dead, but not her mother. He said that at some point he believed he knew what happened to her but later on realized he has no clue. I'm really wondering what happened to her. And Liz not asking questions anymore was strange.

About Red and him revealing to Liz about the Cabal. Damn it, did you see the map!? He did all of that the last 25 year and I so badly want to know WHY?

Ressler and Samar... Hm, do I have to say something? That was somehow embarrassing in front of that woman. And I'm really wondering how that'll be of topic again. They are kind of competing right now and that can be dangerous in a task force.

Aram and Liz We got to see them a lot more and I hope that'll continue!

Samar still being really loyal to Red. Or I shouldn't say loyal but she somehow understands him like Liz does. And I like that a lot. Because her instincts are just brilliant and she has developed a certain amount of trust as well.

Liz being beaten up That was hard to watch, really... I never expected something like that. I'm so sorry for her because I think what she had to go through was really touch already and now this. I somehow suspect that Red will see to this guy paying for what he's done...
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:32 AM
  #5
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,029
So you guys agree the last epi. can be series finale.

She was beaten up to get to know she's pregnant.what a stupid plotline it is! I suppose the writers hate Liz very much and make her look like an idiot and moron and fail to find out the period was three months late.Crap!
This SL is illogical and ridiculous.
I don't know if there is any backlash from critics and viewers in the following weeks.
NBC exec think the big reveals are exciting.Ok ,maybe there are more absurd storylines coming.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 01-22-2016 at 05:33 AM
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:07 AM
  #6
New Fan
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 25
sunshinedan, it was only one man. I don't know how pregnancy works, but maybe she wasn't three months in and it was from the time that happened in this episode. There are a few days in-between no?

Anyway, they really should stop with Tom trying to marry her. He was pretty good in the previous episodes when he didn't 'chug the love potion' so to speak. The dig about 'not asking daddy permission' is generally reserved for man asking the father of the woman he wants to propose to. I don't know what it's meant to convey here, since Red so far hasn't lied to Liz outright and he has said he won't, he also stated a couple of times that he isn't her father, so I'm thinking that it was just a mocking one, considering that Red is kind of taking the father position. Still, it seems like they're trying to revive the 'is he Liz's dad or not' thing. I think he is her godfather or something.

Wouldn't it be a twist though, that Mr. Kaplan is Liz's mother? xD
telamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:13 AM
  #7
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
I have never been more confused with an episode than this one. Like Aram said in the episode, I feel like my head is going to explode. I don't know what to think.

Of course they had to write the pregnancy in! WHY?! For crying out loud why?! I still had a little bit of hope that they might not have written it in but they did. Now she is never going to get rid of Tom! I wonder how everybody is going to react when they find out that Liz is pregnant. Especially Red, Res and Tom.
And what was it with them sleeping together and him proposing? What a fail. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I really did not want to see that.

Liz being beaten up was so hard to watch! She was publicly exonerated and that guy beat her up because he thought she was traitor. I have no words. but I am very happy that Liz finally has an apartment! I wanted that for her for so long. For her to have a place that she can call home after everything that happened last couple years.

It's weird that she isn't an agent anymore but I am glad that they found a way that she can still work with the task force.

I was so happy that Mr. Kaplan also was in this episode!! I was so scared though they were going to kill her! They are making me so curious, everybody seems to know about what the real deal is with Red and Liz except for us and Liz. That last scene she shared with Red was so sweet!

Red and Tom. This is why I am so confused. Did he make that daddy comment because it is really true or just to mess with Red and our minds? I am lost here. So lost. Can he be her father after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamon (View Post)

Wouldn't it be a twist though, that Mr. Kaplan is Liz's mother? xD
Oh my! That would really be a twist!
__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 AM
  #8
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,029
That can't be a few days to know she's pregnant. If I am five days late, I would freak out.
She looks surprised while learning she's pregnant.The timeline if the show is a mess. The writers just ignore it.
The fall out after being exonerated and back to normal life was lame writing. A man hit her because she's a traitor? feels so low. Tom mentioned daddy permission I think it's teasing the audience.
Liz went back to the old Liz in Season 2B. Ugh, where is the character development?

Last edited by sunshinedan; 01-22-2016 at 05:59 AM
sunshinedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:57 AM
  #9
Passionate Fan

 
Ooops's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,818
So these past few years I've just been lurking around, but I had to post something after last nights episode...

I am so shocked that they decided to write her pregnancy story line in.. Part of it is because I don't like Tom and it was all handled poorly. But the bigger part of it is that I don't understand what their plan is... This isn't the type of show where we are going to see Liz taking it easy so that she can be home with the baby etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts of how they might handle this one because I really don't know what they are going to do with it on this type of show. A baby is forever, and people are going to actually notice a bit more if they just have it disappear (kind of like Hudson the dog)
__________________
Brooke and Lucas
Avi~ Only Dreaming
Ooops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:52 AM
  #10
Addicted Fan

 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,252
Maybe she will put the baby for adoption.

Man... this episode was good as far as Red plan goes, but besides that... I don't have a word that can explain that... I knew at the end they will say Liz is pregnant, I kind of hoped that the doctor would say I'm sorry that you lost your baby, that would be kind of brutal, but this is even more of a mess. I liked Tom, but that hook-up... EPIC FAIL. Marriage... EPIC FAIL. Tom and Aram are usually comedy reliefs for the show, so the daddy permision was just a smirk from Tom towards Red. Katarina Rostova is probably alive, kidnapping Liz would flash her out probably. I thought Red called the woman for the apartment so that she gives it to her...

Reds plan was mind-blowing.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:03 AM
  #11
Part-Time Fan
 
alt.er's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 296
I'm done with this show. I'll lurk around here because I really love it here but no more live watching for me.

Samar's anger towards Ressler just seemed forced. In 3x09, she clearly stated that she understood why Ressler fired her. But now she is airing dirty laundry in public! She is trying to put Ressler down in front of Cooper like Ressler would feel bad about being reminded that he is not in charge any more when he gave the job in the first place! This is not the Samar I know and love. This is not the woman who could hand over her own brother to be killed because it was the right thing to do. I'm just so disappointed.

And I just don't have words for the way Liz is treated by the writers. Have they met even one woman in their whole lives? But after the last two seasons, I should have known better. I was the one who was stupid enough to believe the writers could get better.
alt.er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:16 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
Quote:
So you guys agree the last epi. can be series finale.
Dan, I never thought I'd say that but yes, I now agree that it would have been better if last weeks episode was the season finale. I still have no words for what this episode this week was...

Quote:
She was beaten up to get to know she's pregnant.what a stupid plotline it is! I suppose the writers hate Liz very much and make her look like an idiot and moron and fail to find out the period was three months late.Crap!
Exactly my point... But hey, she was maybe so stressed and busy, she might not have noticed Joking of course... What a crap is that?!

Quote:
Anyway, they really should stop with Tom trying to marry her. He was pretty good in the previous episodes when he didn't 'chug the love potion' so to speak.
Amen! My thoughts exactly!

[QUOTE][Wouldn't it be a twist though, that Mr. Kaplan is Liz's mother? xD/QUOTE]
You won't believe it but that thought crossed my mind before as well. But just in a mocking kind of way because what else should we expect from the writers?

Quote:
Of course they had to write the pregnancy in! WHY?! For crying out loud why?! I still had a little bit of hope that they might not have written it in but they did. Now she is never going to get rid of Tom! I wonder how everybody is going to react when they find out that Liz is pregnant. Especially Red, Res and Tom.
And what was it with them sleeping together and him proposing? What a fail. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I really did not want to see that.
The episode indeed seemed like a really bad joke... When they started to jump on each other and he proposed I was through with the episode already. And that was the point where I for sure knew that the pregnancy will be written in. I didn't expect thought that they'd reveal it in this weeks episode already. It's all a nightmare... One we won't awake from so soon again.

Quote:
but I am very happy that Liz finally has an apartment! I wanted that for her for so long. For her to have a place that she can call home after everything that happened last couple years.
That makes me wonder if Red had a say in it that Liz got the apartment. She told Red about not being able to get one and right afterwards she gets that phone call

Quote:
I was so happy that Mr. Kaplan also was in this episode!! I was so scared though they were going to kill her! They are making me so curious, everybody seems to know about what the real deal is with Red and Liz except for us and Liz. That last scene she shared with Red was so sweet!
Mr. Kaplan was a highlight and I can't say it enough, I love her! She's definitely one of my fav characters. All that they screw up with the task force and Tom they do good on Red and his team. They never disappointed me in any way. At least some characters you can count on.

Quote:
I am so shocked that they decided to write her pregnancy story line in.. Part of it is because I don't like Tom and it was all handled poorly. But the bigger part of it is that I don't understand what their plan is... This isn't the type of show where we are going to see Liz taking it easy so that she can be home with the baby etc.
Yeah, I so know what you mean... I can't even (or don't want to) imagine what they would do with a child in a tv show like that? What's wrong with these guys? My guess still is that it all will lead to her losing the child somehow I don't know but I really can't imagine them bringing a child in the show. A baby to be specific to Liz... No way.

Quote:
Man... this episode was good as far as Red plan goes, but besides that... I don't have a word that can explain that... I knew at the end they will say Liz is pregnant, I kind of hoped that the doctor would say I'm sorry that you lost your baby, that would be kind of brutal, but this is even more of a mess. I liked Tom, but that hook-up... EPIC FAIL. Marriage... EPIC FAIL. Tom and Aram are usually comedy reliefs for the show, so the daddy permision was just a smirk from Tom towards Red. Katarina Rostova is probably alive, kidnapping Liz would flash her out probably. I thought Red called the woman for the apartment so that she gives it to her...
I totally understand you and yes, it's really bad but I as well was hoping that the doctor would say that she lose the child... It didn't happen. Now we have to live with the mess they left us with.

Sarah I'm so sorry to hear that but tbh, I totally understand you. I was thinking about quitting a lot today because I simply don't want to see such a crap anymore. I'm sure they'll really experience the wrath of the fans the upcoming weeks in their ratings... This won't go unnoticed or without consequences.
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:19 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)


That makes me wonder if Red had a say in it that Liz got the apartment. She told Red about not being able to get one and right afterwards she gets that phone call
I was thinking the same thing but if he did that's okay. She has a home again and she needed one desperately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt.er (View Post)
I'm done with this show. I'll lurk around here because I really love it here but no more live watching for me.
Sarah, I am so sad to hear you say this but I get it. I think we are all shocked and in denial of what happened this episode.
__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:21 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
Lauren Helen Graham's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 95,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I was thinking the same thing but if he did that's okay. She has a home again and she needed one desperately.



Sarah, I am so sad to hear you say this but I get it. I think we are all shocked and in denial of what happened this episode.
Yes, I think it's okay as well. And he for sure helped her. I'm wondering if she even told him on purpose because she knew he'd see to it that she'd get the apartment, a place to live. She for sure recalls how much he wanted her to get back into a real home back in season 2...
__________________
~ Kris ~ Fanvids on YouTube ~ My Tumblr ~ icon by Aga ~ #StripRed
"It's the children the world almost breaks, who grow up to save it." - R.R. to E.K.
Come and visit The Blacklist and Blindspot
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:24 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Hero

 
Miranda's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 65,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Yes, I think it's okay as well. And he for sure helped her. I'm wondering if she even told him on purpose because she knew he'd see to it that she'd get the apartment, a place to live. She for sure recalls how much he wanted her to get back into a real home back in season 2...
I think she did. Why else tell him if she didn't want him to arrange something? I have to say from what I have seen from the apartment so far, it's looks really nice and homey.
__________________
"When you love someone you have no control. That’s what love is – being powerless." ♥
Come & visit The Blacklist
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
the blacklist



Forum Affiliates
Spaderfans
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST Dwonload Lagu Ebeg Warokan | Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season | Battle Planet