Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

3x14: "LADY AMBROSIA" Episode Discussion Thread (02/11/16 @ 9PM)

3x14 | Lady Ambrosia
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After a missing child that has been presumed dead turns up alive, Red and Liz work with the task force to search for a dangerous woman who may be kidnapping children. Meanwhile, Tom faces shocking consequences after his plan to help Liz goes awry.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:20 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Happy Blacklist Thursday everybody. Enjoy the episode tonight.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Happy TBL Thursday from me as well! I'll enjoy the episode first thing in the morning tomorrow. I can't wait!

I just saw the episode and I actually really liked it. Besides of the Tom storyline I might add...

Okay, first of all we found out what happened to her parents, to her mother specifically!!!! YES!!!! That's one of the best things I'm so happy but it's really sad what happened to her mother. But it's sad to see the parallels between Liz and her mother and I'm wondering if Liz will make the same mistake again or if she'll move forward and make her life a difference. We can still hope, right? I just wish she'll make a difference of it because it pains me to know that she might end up the same way her mother did.
Red getting these files, wow, they finally dragging on the mythology arc! And him saying 'It's getting worse' is not reassuring. What was he talking about? And what was the second name on the files???? Was it her fathers?

Red being kind of shocked about her plans giving up the child. But I doubt this will happen after what we have seen this episode and I love that Liz made the decision to not give it up for adoption!

The case fit so well again. But this time it wasn't Red choosing it at purpose like in The Cyprus Agency, it was just a coincidence because of the information he needed from this woman and in that way he saved her child. I loved that Red and that woman had a good connection. What I have to re-watch for is who exactly released Red... He said a guard who had a daughter that was deaf. Since that woman wasn't deaf I'm wondering if it was her specifically? I guess that's it? Or her husband or so on maybe? So he was in that prison not too long ago since the daughter was just 12? But why was it important then that she was former KGB. This really confused me.

Btw, I didn't know that Lady Ambrosia was a fairytale... Can somebody fill me in on it?

Glen was back!!! I loved Red and Glen and the dogs The two blond ladies! Awesome! It really cracked me up.

Tom... Sadly he isn't dead (Sorry, I can't help it). And again I thought it so stupid. Liz refuses to take Red's money because it's dirty money... What about the money Tom is making? Dirty, too. I wouldn't be surprised if she would have been willing to take that We might never know but yeah, who knows.
Besides, we didn't see the Major I was a little bit disappointed about that tbh.

All in all an okay episode. I actually liked it.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 02-11-2016 at 11:47 PM
Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really liked the episode as well! It made me think about The Cyprus Agency in the first season and The Kenyon Family in the second season.

After seeing this episode I don't think Liz is going to give her baby up for adoption. With what Red told her about her parents and especially about her mother! (finally I might add). I hope Liz wants to do it differently than her mother. It was heartbreaking to see that Liz was so sad about the fact that she killed her father and put her mother through so much grieve. But I was so happy Red finally told her! And I am sure there is a lot more for him to tell her but this was a really good start!

I really loved the scenes between Red and Liz!

I really liked seeing Liz with Ethan. It shows me that she will become a very good mother, if she decides to keep her baby. Also the fact that Ressler told the team that he would never give his baby up for adoption no matter what, made her think it over I think.

Tom. What can I say about him? He should have known that Gina would double cross him. It would have been to easy if he just died so I wonder who's house he went too, if it was just a random choice and if he is going to survive or not and if Liz will find out.

Glen was back! I loved seeing him again! That guy always makes me laugh. That scene with him and Red and the dogs was hilarious.

"Kooky little white man" Leslie Jones was so hilarious! I loved her so much. Her singing the song; hot stuff. I think Red was actually amused by her.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

It all comes down to one ominous line: "It just keeps getting worse."

I'm not really engaged with Tom's story. It seems like a means to an end, and so the means itself doesn't have much punch. I assume Tom will be going after Gina now though, which will probably keep him occupied.

Liz changing her mind about the adoption—saw that one coming. And Red saying he regretted not raising her himself! Wouldn't that have been interesting...

Incidentally, "Poctoba" is just "Rostova" in the Cyrillic alphabet. I don't see any reason for it to have been spelled out in both Russian and English, except for the audience's benefit.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
And what was the second name on the files???? Was it her fathers?
Like Pikachu said, it's how it is in Cyrillic. Ростова = Rostova (I'm from Bulgaria, just an FYI). And as he/she said, it was entirely for the benefit of the audience for it to be spelled in English. I seriously doubt that it would be if the KGB had a file on her. It just seems very stupid for a file that would be seen only by Russians to have English. It would certainly make it easier for it to be stolen.

Quote:
He said a guard who had a daughter that was deaf. Since that woman wasn't deaf I'm wondering if it was her specifically? I guess that's it? Or her husband or so on maybe? So he was in that prison not too long ago since the daughter was just 12? But why was it important then that she was former KGB. This really confused me.
As for that, I really doubt it had to do with her husband or specifically with her child, it's more than likely that he tried as usual to tell a story so that the person felt sympathetic to him and give him what he wants. So far, in all his stories that he's told, the person he's told them to have never been connected in some way besides the similarity in the circumstances. So yeah, I wouldn't read anymore into it, just wanted to make her see that he understood her calling.

I liked the episode, for a moment there I was kinda giddy that they killed off Tom. I have nothing against him, but when they constantly try to shove him down Liz' throat and her being 'charmed' by everything and completely forgetting what he did, I'm just a little appalled at the writers. He's awesome when he is himself and isn't trying to pretend something he isn't. So for those that love him and Liz, sorry, but to me, that's just really annoying and makes Liz look really, really stupid, despite the writers trying to show her being somewhat smart.

Sorry for the rant there.
telamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

red needs to stop interfering with tom/liz life. i dont care if he doesnt think tom is worthy. liz loves him. he is the father of her baby. they better not kill him off.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Oh guys... Not too long ago I had an Russian crash course with one of my colleagues and I didn't get that Ростова was just the Russian version of Rostova What a fail! Thanks for clarifying though. Okay, it's really just the file on her mother (I think, unless her dad shared the same last name as did her mom ) So what could Red have found in that file to make him say that it's even getting worse?

Quote:
I really liked seeing Liz with Ethan. It shows me that she will become a very good mother, if she decides to keep her baby. Also the fact that Ressler told the team that he would never give his baby up for adoption no matter what, made her think it over I think.
Oh yes, that definitely was a plus I loved to see it as well and I as well think that Liz would be a great mom. Still though I can't see how a child would fit into the show. Hudson disappeared again so what would it be like with a child?

Quote:
I'm not really engaged with Tom's story. It seems like a means to an end, and so the means itself doesn't have much punch. I assume Tom will be going after Gina now though, which will probably keep him occupied.
You think so? That would mean their storyline and therewith the Major one wouldn't have reached its end. I'm really curious if that really will happen. Would be great to have some closure.

Quote:
Liz changing her mind about the adoption—saw that one coming. And Red saying he regretted not raising her himself! Wouldn't that have been interesting...
Oh yes! Him regretting that... I'm wondering what he'd have done differently. Because Sam didn't seem like a bad father, you know.

Quote:
As for that, I really doubt it had to do with her husband or specifically with her child, it's more than likely that he tried as usual to tell a story so that the person felt sympathetic to him and give him what he wants. So far, in all his stories that he's told, the person he's told them to have never been connected in some way besides the similarity in the circumstances. So yeah, I wouldn't read anymore into it, just wanted to make her see that he understood her calling.
I re-watched the scene again and yes, you could be right... I'm still wondering where he knows her from And why she didn't want to be found. I think she in general is in some kind of witness protection or hiding. But I loved that Red got her daughter back. I really thought this side story interesting

Quote:
I liked the episode, for a moment there I was kinda giddy that they killed off Tom. I have nothing against him, but when they constantly try to shove him down Liz' throat and her being 'charmed' by everything and completely forgetting what he did, I'm just a little appalled at the writers. He's awesome when he is himself and isn't trying to pretend something he isn't. So for those that love him and Liz, sorry, but to me, that's just really annoying and makes Liz look really, really stupid, despite the writers trying to show her being somewhat smart.
Yeah, I was giddy about it as well and I see it the same way you do I really have nothing to add.

Jen, you really love these two, don't you?
Old 02-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how it seemed to focus on certain characters but at the same time just involved everybody. Also the crazy villain this episode was definitely nuts, and I enjoyed everyone's involvement in solving the case.

But the ending with Red opening the file OH!!! I really would not be surprised if they plan on introducing Liz's mom in the season finale, whether they actually show her or we just see a side of her and Red saying Hello and her name whew I can picture that.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)

But the ending with Red opening the file OH!!! I really would not be surprised if they plan on introducing Liz's mom in the season finale, whether they actually show her or we just see a side of her and Red saying Hello and her name whew I can picture that.
I really hope they will introduce Liz's mother on the show! That would give the show a whole other dimension. They have talked about her so much now and I was so happy that Red finally told Liz some more about her mother this episode that we just need to meet Liz's mom.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Mel, so great to hear that you really enjoyed the episode as well. I think everybody did and that's really great to hear! It makes me happy and it gives me hope.

I'm really wondering what the crazy something could be that he discovered and that he didn't know about. I doubt he'll be referring to her still being alive or there being indications for that... That wouldn't make it all worse, would it? Maybe she was involved in business that Red didn't even know and used for something that would bring the people after Liz? He always kept telling her that she is in danger but lately there was not even a sign of danger tbh. I'm really so curious what it could be. Do you think that his mother was involved with the Cabal?
Old 02-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked the episode, too.
The case was very interesting this week. Firstly it was good that there was a connection between the case and Liz giving her baby up for adaption. So seeing her with Ethan was great. I hope she won't give up her baby and I think the chances are good that she won't do it, but who knows... Secondly I liked it that Red brought the woman her child back even though he wanted to have the file.

The scene with the file was very interesting. It must be really something big that Red is surprised.
Quote:
I'm really wondering what the crazy something could be that he discovered and that he didn't know about. I doubt he'll be referring to her still being alive or there being indications for that... That wouldn't make it all worse, would it? Maybe she was involved in business that Red didn't even know and used for something that would bring the people after Liz? He always kept telling her that she is in danger but lately there was not even a sign of danger tbh. I'm really so curious what it could be. Do you think that his mother was involved with the Cabal?
That her mother is involved with the Cabal is a good idea. It's possible and would be big enough and that maybe the reason why we got new information about her now.

I love the story about Tom, so I would like that they would show us more of it. He just wants to take of them and want to show that he can be there for them. So finally he gets an own storyline again. And it looks like he would get more time in the next episode. It would be great if we get to see the Major again.
kn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
The case was very interesting this week. Firstly it was good that there was a connection between the case and Liz giving her baby up for adaption. So seeing her with Ethan was great. I hope she won't give up her baby and I think the chances are good that she won't do it, but who knows... Secondly I liked it that Red brought the woman her child back even though he wanted to have the file.
I agree about both of what you said. The parallels of Liz who is thinking about giving her child up for adoption and the case. It was fantastic and it fit! Besides, the Red and the woman storyline. I loved that one, too. I somehow loved that they included deaf people and that they made them communicate in sign language. It was great and although Red helped her because of the file he needed, he gave the case to the FBI before meeting her and I'm sure he nevertheless would have saved them all.

Quote:
That her mother is involved with the Cabal is a good idea. It's possible and would be big enough and that maybe the reason why we got new information about her now.
Especially since Red really seems to care about her. Wouldn't it be hard on him if she was involved with the Cabal from the beginning? I'm sure he wouldn't know about it and I'm wondering if it would endanger Liz even more.

Quote:
I love the story about Tom, so I would like that they would show us more of it. He just wants to take of them and want to show that he can be there for them. So finally he gets an own storyline again. And it looks like he would get more time in the next episode. It would be great if we get to see the Major again.
But the way is sooo wrong. How can he expect Liz to accept any of the money he would have made? And seriously, I can't see her leave, running away. This would just be cowardly.
Nevertheless I get why he thought this was his only chance... Because of the interference of Red when Tom tried to work as a school teacher again. I somehow hate that Red had to interfere because as much as I might dislike Tom I think he deserves a second chance. He deserves to try to prove that he can change, that he has changed and have a normal life.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Especially since Red really seems to care about her. Wouldn't it be hard on him if she was involved with the Cabal from the beginning? I'm sure he wouldn't know about it and I'm wondering if it would endanger Liz even more.
How do you think her mother is involved with the Cabal? She could have been an enemy of them or still is or she was/is a member of them? In both cases I think Liz would be more in danger, because she is digging in her past and I think the Cabal wouldn't be happy about it. Just if her mother is still alive and is a member, she probably wouldn't be in danger so much because her mother would protect her, wouldn't she?
But I think all in all she will be always in danger because she wants to bring the Cabal down.

Quote:
But the way is sooo wrong. How can he expect Liz to accept any of the money he would have made? And seriously, I can't see her leave, running away. This would just be cowardly.
Nevertheless I get why he thought this was his only chance... Because of the interference of Red when Tom tried to work as a school teacher again. I somehow hate that Red had to interfere because as much as I might dislike Tom I think he deserves a second chance. He deserves to try to prove that he can change, that he has changed and have a normal life.
Yeah, maybe the way is wrong, but like you said he already tried to do it another way. And so he wants to take care of them absolutely, so he knows what he can do and that's the easiest and at the moment probably only way for him.
Secondly it's interesting and thrilling to see him do that. It really shocked me to see him get shoot and almost killed.
And I think the way he do it, will be topic next episode. I think Liz isn't happy about it, neither.
kn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread