Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

3x17: "MR. SOLOMON" Episode Discussion Thread (04/07/16 @ 9PM)

3x17 | Mr. Solomon
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After Red learns that a tactical nuclear weapon is being targeted by thieves, it's a race against the clock as the task force struggles to stop them - and prevent an imminent nuclear disaster. Meanwhile, Tom and Liz make a decision that will change their relationship forever.

Last edited by Miranda; 01-29-2017 at 08:16 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Happy Blacklist Thursday everbody! Enjoy the episode tonight.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, it's unbelievable but we got through the hiatus! Happy TBL Thursday to all of you from me as well!

ETA - I just saw the episode and I have to say that it was actually an okay one... So in general with the blacklister and and the case.
Solomon working for somebody else now and I think I even know for who. Her mother is dead, that's what I always assumed and I really believe she is dead. I never believed in that fairytale that she is still alive because Red wouldn't lie to Liz! Glad though they never broke with that promise.
So they want Liz, alive... The question is WHY?

But, I'm not okay with the rest, especially Liz... I can only roll my eyes on her I just want that baby to be delivered and gone from the show because this storyline is so super boring because she can barely do anything. It's not the show I fell in love with (I fell in love with it because of her a lot) because she's not existent as a character for me anymore. Right now there is no purpose for her at the show at all for me, her choices are crap and yeah, so there she goes. I really can see her be gone the rest of the season and I wouldn't even miss her.

I really loved Ressler in the episode. He was great. And together with Samar they were kind of back to the old ones, not the feeling cheated kind of crap from Samar, not the I don't want to apologize to her attitude from him I loved that! And Ressler telling Liz what we all think, that their relationship (Tom and Liz's) has crossed a line on some point and there is no coming back. Yeah, that's true. And that's all I'm going to say about Tom and Liz because you know my opinion.

Liz really invited Red and Dembe to the wedding. I didn't expect that. But I'm glad that Red didn't go there. He won't break with his principles and still in time of need he'd work with him. I somehow was happy to see that Tom didn't try to put a wedge between Red and Liz. I think this chapter might be closed, but we'll see.

The Cooper and Liz scene was so cute Although I have to admit that this relationship doesn't really get me hooked. I can't describe it but it feels somehow strange to me because at some point last season it came out of the blue.

Aram, oh man, he was the cutest EVER! I so love him. He was so excited!

Tom, he was good as well. Gina and the Major coming there and her killing the Major... I wasn't sure if she'd do it but since we already know that Tom will be at the wedding, it was somehow clear that she would do that. Besides she is still alive. Maybe a chance to bring her back in the spin-off?

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-07-2016 at 11:38 PM
Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

This episode was really good!

Okay can we just talk about Ressler and Liz! I know it was just a little scene that they had but it was so important to me! He wanted to be at her wedding even though he didn't like her marrying Tom. He was going to go because of her, how sweet is that?! :sig: I loved that he did speak his mind and that Liz didn't get mad at him for it. She even said she loved him for saying that. She loves him!!!!! and he loves her too, I already knew cause other he wouldn't have considered going to her wedding!

I just loved Ressler in general this episode and I agree with you Kris. I was very happy with the fact that Ressler and Samar acted normal towards each other like nothing happened. I hope they can continue that.

Gina shooting the Major! ëek: I did not see that coming. I was sure that it was Tom. And hell I never even saw it coming that Tom would tell Liz and be honest for once. Maybe he did really change to some extent.

And for once Tom and Red agreed on something. Didn't think I'd live to see that day. It was good from Red that he let Tom protect Liz.

Cooper and Liz! That was the sweetest! Her telling him that he is the closest she has to a father and Cooper giving her a kiss on her forehead! Amazing!

Aram. I love you more with every episode! He was so awkward around Tom that it made me laugh and when Liz told him the wedding was going to be today and he started freaking out! And just the way he was protecting those two people at the church. He is such a good man.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode itself was good as usual, but having Solomon be the blacklister is a little weird, since it's already been reported that Edi Gathegi is going to be in the spin-off series... It means they'll either catch him (again) and then he'll escape (again), or he'll just get away, which is unusual. And a little anticlimactic.
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
The episode itself was good as usual, but having Solomon be the blacklister is a little weird, since it's already been reported that Edi Gathegi is going to be in the spin-off series... It means they'll either catch him (again) and then he'll escape (again), or he'll just get away, which is unusual. And a little anticlimactic.
I see what you are coming from I somehow think that he'll get away because of his new employer... I think this person is big and I as well think it's not Liz's mother. I'm not sure how she came to the conclusion that it would be her mother, it for sure isn't. My suggestion still is that her father somehow survived and it's her dad. But really, that's just speculation.

Miranda, it's so cool that in the end there finally was a Ressler/Liz moment! And a really good one indeed. I loved that. And I loved what he said to her.

Quote:
And for once Tom and Red agreed on something. Didn't think I'd live to see that day. It was good from Red that he let Tom protect Liz.
Red might not like Tom, but he is not stupid and would never risk Liz's life because of his dislike of Tom. Because Red knows that Tom loves her, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are and that he is a really well trained spy. Yeah, it wasn't a surprise to me at all.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode. I thought Aram was great. He is become my a favorite of mine. His interaction with tom was just too cute and the fact that the get away car actually became the get away car was a nice touch.

I was surprised to see the major back and that Gina killed him. I thought the major would force tom to leave Liz. I liked that tom told Liz what happens and that he realizes the dangers his life brings to hers. It seemed to be the same point Red was trying to make. I also liked that Red trusted Tom with Liz. He knows tom won't hurt her and that tom loves her.

I thought Liz looked very young with her hair pulled back like she had it.

I don't really like the thought of Solomon in a spin off. He seems to be a main person that Red would stop himself. I can honestly say I have no idea how they are going to set this spin off up, But after this episode, I have a little more faith.

So I guess her mom really is dead???? I am totally clueless as to what is next, but can't wait to find out.

The previews from next week looked really good. I watched it over about three times!!! Is it Thursday yet?
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
The previews from next week looked really good. I watched it over about three times!!! Is it Thursday yet?
I wish it could be Thursday already again too. The promo is so . I want to see the episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I loved this episode. I thought Aram was great. He is become my a favorite of mine. His interaction with tom was just too cute and the fact that the get away car actually became the get away car was a nice touch.
I didn't even think about this but it really became the get away car. I love how awkward Aram was towards Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

Miranda, it's so cool that in the end there finally was a Ressler/Liz moment! And a really good one indeed. I loved that. And I loved what he said to her.
I loved that moment SO much! I got what I wanted.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-08-2016 at 02:30 PM
Miranda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

The episode was good. Red still not happy about the wedding. I never like Tom (Jacob) how many more names does he have , why can they just kill him i will be so happy . I laugh when Lizzi asked Harold to make a little speech on her wedding, his face and i love scene before the wedding it was sweet . I was thinking that Liz will faint when she saw Red coming with the gun to stop the wedding . I wonder who is Salomon's new employer is it new player in the game or is it somebody, who we know already. Will Red tell Lizzie what he knows, knowing him he will try to go around it. Can't wait for the conclusion
blueflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I
Red promised to tell Lizzie who is after her when she is safe. I can see him not wanting to discuss it in front of a group. That wasn't the time or place, but whenever he does tell her, I hope they use flashbacks. As much as I love to hear Red tell a story, I really want to see what happened between Red and her parents
Old 04-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

So great to hear that in general everybody loved the episode It really was a better one than the last couple of episode we got and the baby storyline is coming to an end! FINALLY! (I realize the baby might stay but hey, at least Liz is back on track with not being pregnant anymore.)

Quote:
I wonder who is Salomon's new employer is it new player in the game or is it somebody, who we know already.
There are spoilers already on who it is, I guess you are either spoiler free or that you simply haven't seen it yet Let yourself be surprise

Marilyn, I as well am curious if Red will really make true on his promise to tell Liz... I want him to do that and I'm wondering if he'll do it in next week's episode.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Lauren i am spoiler free, i prefer to be surprise . I try to not watch promo for next episode but it doesn't always work that way .
blueflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch123 (View Post)
Lauren i am spoiler free, i prefer to be surprise . I try to not watch promo for next episode but it doesn't always work that way .
You don't even watch promos? Wow, that's really good and it's really disciplined from you. I wouldn't be able to survive without any spoilers And of course this board would be hard to mod for me and to stay spoiler free... It's just impossible.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, it was an okay episode, the wedding shotout was the better part of the episode, but I didn't like much the case/wedding parts going forth and back, it was boring to me...

Ha, this is the first time that Tom and Aram were in an on-screen scene...

I am thinking about the spin off... they said that Tom could make some guest apperances on TBL... I thought because his storyline is pretty much finished that he would get his own spin-off and on the original TBL he would be something like stay-at-home dad/spin off. But now I see them killing off Liz, I can see Megan just quitting because she wants a break from acting... but next ep is Solomon conclusion, so they don't get him or they get him but he later escapes again? I thought maybe he kills Liz and in the spin off, he is the opposing villian to Tom...
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

If Solomon killed Liz it wouldn't be believable to put him in a spin off because Red would stop at nothing to get him.
Reply   Post New Thread