Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2016, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

4x01: "ESTEBAN" Episode Discussion Thread (09/22/16 @ 10PM)

4x01 | Esteban
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
After Liz (Megan Boone) is abducted by a man claiming to be her father, Red (James Spader) sets out to find her at any cost. Meanwhile, the Task Force grapples with the shocking news that Liz is still alive.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:32 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris. I am so excited, I can't wait!!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You're welcome I'm so super excited myself! It's still two night for me until I can finally watch it!!! Waaaaay too long!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Posted about the premiere on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and Livejournal. Feel free to share where you have an account
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

That's awesome!!! Thanks so much and I'm definitely going to share it
Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thank you so much for doing that Ray.

Tonight is the night!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Loved tonight's season premiere! Next week will sure be a roller coaster!
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!! This episode Where has my show been all the past year??? It's back and I loved it.

Red going for Liz and Agnes, damn it... He's really on fire and even his associates realize that. When he brings the head of this one guy to his associate he's asking 'Damn it, Red. What's wrong with you?'. Wow... But I loved seeing Red like this. He's back and he'll do everything to save Liz and Agnes.

Okay, Kirk told Liz that Red had an affair with Katarina... Do you think it true? And Red addressed Kirk as Constantin. So does that mean that either Kirk or Red are the father? I'm so confused about this part now! And Red tells Kirk again that it was never his to raise Lizzie? What does that mean? Does he mean the time when he kidnapped her and Katarina came after Liz and that it should have been Katarina?

Kaplan Don't even get me started here. And he betrayed Lizzie? How did he do that? I'm even more confused now.
I loved how he handled her, he was barely able to look at her.

And why do I right now have the impression that Kate really could be Katarina? That would at least explain why she tried to help Liz get away. It doesn't explain why she lost trust in Red but I guess this storyline will unfold soon.

The team... Wow, I never expected for Samar to react that extremely... Why her? I'm really wondering. She even handed her brother over to Red to exonerate Liz. I'm wondering if it has to do something with that.
Even Aram, who for sure won't be okay with it either, tried to talk some sense into her. Oh wow, this will be an interesting ride.

Aram trying to get information from Tom about if he was involved and I think hearing he was even more hurt him. Because yeah, it's Aram. I really hope he'll just show these guys the cold shoulder whenever they've saved Liz. This betrayal is just unbelievable.

Ressler... Yeah, he acted a lot differently but I loved him in the episode. What I didn't like was Ressler and Red... Why does nothing that ever happens between these two change anything

Panebaker being back is nice. I really like her. And her dynamic with Cooper could be interesting.

Tom... Yeah, it's Tom. I'll never again like him He's just there for me and that's it.

Liz, she was great in the episode. We've got our old Liz back and I loved her. Wow, what a badass kind of woman. She'd do anything to save her child and nevertheless get out there. She was really smart but she didn't stay a chance, not with Agnes there.

Kirk has a blood disorder... Who would have guessed that.

Liz and Red... This moment was heartbreaking and Kirk always picking on that wound. I really could have cried there.

And the end WTH?????? How can they leave us with such a cliffhanger!?
Old 09-23-2016, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!!!! This was SO much better than I expected it to be! Our show is back! The one we knew and loved in S1 is fully back!

They used another baby for this episode did anybody notice that? This baby was clearly a newborn and the Agnes' used in S3 was a lot bigger and it wasn't the twins they used in S3. I thought that was strange.

I loved seeing everyone's reaction to Liz's death. Especially Samar's! She is angry and she has every right to be! And I think it is good that not everybody will let Liz off that easily for faking her death.

Aram, poor guy, he is just so confused and he doesn't know what to think. I loved the phone call between Tom and him where he just blatantly asks if he knew that Liz faked her death.

Ressler, I never thought he would react the way he did. I thought he would be mad but he seemed to be the most understanding of them all. Of course I would like to see him when he sees Liz and actually has a talk with her. But I can't believe he was okay with the fact that Red sent him away. That he wanted to help but Red wouldn't let him. I as sure he would go against that but he didn't.

OMG I did not see that ending coming! I was SO shocked and scared! I was so relieved that they finally had Agnes back because of Kaplan. (at least she could do a little good) and now she is gone again.

Red and Mr. Kaplan! I love the fact that he kind of ignored her and really showed her that he is so hurt by her and Dembe! He doesn't agree with what Kaplan did either! I loved hearing that!

Red, Liz and Kirk, yeah what can I say? That scene where Liz and Kirk were behind that mirror and Red was on the other side. Loved that scene! But did Red really think he could shoot through that glass? And now Red is good enough to go look for Agnes Liz? First she fakes her death to get away from Red and it backfired and now that Agnes is gone Red is good enough. That was a little hard for me. Don't get me wrong, I want Red to find Liz but yeah I don't know..

So you guys think Kirk was telling the truth when he told Liz that Red and Katarina had an affair?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really have no clue if Kirk was telling the truth about Katarina and Red... I'm wondering if at some point Liz will confront Red with all the stuff to make him prove or deny the truth of it. She won't blindly believe what he's telling her. Not yet at least.

Yes, I really thought it unbelievable that Liz thought Red could now again save her and her daughter's a** after everything she has done... But you could see that Liz as well was surprised and somehow torn about it. You could see that. She knows how much she must have hurt him and I'm wondering if she'll start to realize the extend of that when she's back at home and safe and hears stuff from others or being confronted with it.

Ressler's reaction surprised me as well but the fact that he didn't go with Red there showed me that he knew Red was right and that he knew that everything is necessary to get Liz and Agnes back and that he kind was okay with what Red was planning on doing, too. It isn't too surprising to me in retrospect.

And really??? They used another child for Agnes? Now that you mention it, it's true But yeah, what else could they have done... She is still supposed to be an infant.

I totally understand Samar as well but I don't know if I'd put this about Liz's life. I really can't say because that never happened to me and it will never. It's a point where it's really hard for me to put myself into their position, you know? It doesn't happen too often but it does here.

Aram, I'm sure he'll be almost as pissed as Samar and there won't be any good outcome for the Liz/Aram friendship for now. He will do everything to save them but then this will be it. He very well recalls all these moments they were believing her dead when she actually, by choice, wasn't.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I am sure that Liz will confront Red with that Kirk has told her. And I really hope that Red will tell her. She deserves to finally know the truth and based on the stories he has told about Katarina you could tell he once loved her.

Yes I could see Liz was torn about it as well but it felt off to me. First she wants to get away and now that her daughter is missing she turns to the person she tried to get away from in the first place. But she knows that Red is the only one that can find Agnes.

I know that Agnes is still supossed to be an infant but they should have used this baby in S3 as well if you ask me. The baby in this episode was much smaller than the ones in S3 and that is just strange. Obviously I don't know how much time actually passed between Agnes' birth and Agnes getting kidnapped but she can't go from big to small that doesn't make sense.

Aram is so confused now and knowing Aram I am sure he wants to talk to Liz first before making his conclusions. I don't know if he will be pissed. Not like Samar is I think. What did you think about what Aram told Samar? That if anything happened to Liz and Agnes and she didn't do anything that she is going to feel guilty. Do you think he is right about that?
Old 09-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

I am not on your side in this, Kate. I love Dembe. That was the best line of the night and said all I need to know about Dembe. His face when he said that, if looks could kill.

And Samar was perfect. She was me. That was exactly how I felt and I could do understand it. As she said, Liz betrayed them all after they risked everything for her. I loved Aram talking to her at the end. He has grown so much. And he was right. If something happens to them, she will regret it forever. I believe she heard him.

Surprise of the night was Ressler. Did he really understand so much? Or is that the calm before the storm. I can't tell. Also Panabakers comment at the ends that Ressler was wrong to arrest Esteban. Does that signal a story for Ressler? Will someone come after him now? Boy do I hope so.

And Aram. He is so very hurt. Did you know at the christening? When you asked me to be her godfather. Oh my. Plus he called Red with the location and not Tom. When that happened. Thought that Liz has truly lost this team. Her actions have cost her them and Red finally has people in his life who truly trust him

The Red Ressler scene was priceless. Red truly looks out for Ressler and does not want him involved in anything that will compromise him.

Red is through with Kaplan. He told her he is the strategist. She is not. She needs to stay in her lane. Now I have to get in your lane and I'm not as good at it as you. And he chopped that guy's head off and blood went everywhere. Lol. Even getting the baby didn't make amends because I wondering how she got the baby. I didn't hear a gunshot. Plus the guy put that kiss on her lips. How did they find them to hit them with the car? Is Kaplan working with Kirk?

Red called Kirk Constatin. Is that Lizs dad? Did he find out when he got the file? Or is Constatin going to be an uncle? I don't know if I believe him about the affair. It seems like he told Liz the exact thing Red said except in reverse red said the dad took the baby and Katarina went to get her back. Now this man is saying Red took the baby and he couldn't find her. And yes I can see from that this idea that Kaplan is Katarina but please just NO. Don't do that. The saving grace is Red doesn't lie to Liz and he said Katarina drowned.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 09-23-2016 at 07:03 AM
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Ressler really surprised me as well Marilyn. I kinda hope it is the calm before the storm because I wouldn't want him to get past this so easily. He told Samar that he is not okay with it but accepts it for now, I guess that "for now" means until they found Liz and Agnes and they are both safe. I need him to tell her how this made him feel.

Constantin Rostov is Kirk's real name. Well if he is Kirk/Constantin that is. So seeing that Red called him Constantin, do you think he believes that Kirk is Constantin and therefore Liz's father?

It was very clear that Red is done with Kaplan so why not just kill her? Why keep her around if she can't do anything? I was glad that she got Agnes back but that doesn't make up for what she did. And where the hell does she get the nerve to tell Red he has to change and leave Liz alone once he finds her. So again, he is good enough to find Liz and Agnes and after that he should just back off? That doesn't make any sense.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Kaplan also said I need you to find her for me. Why would Red need to find Liz for Kaplan? To assuage her guilt? Because she is Katarina? I didn't understand that at all. I don't know why he didn't just kill her. He must feel she is useful for now or perhaps he wants to emotionally hurt her first. Or maybe that bond is too strong and its ripping him apart inside.

Liz made me mad too. Even though I loved the scene in the mirror where Red is refusing to leave and she is trying to get him go. I want to believe she truly did not want him to be killed. But perhaps she was just using him again to get Agnes.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Now that mention that I don't know why she said that either. Maybe so Liz can tell Red it wasn't all Kaplan's plan? That Liz willingly said yes to the plan? I can't believe there is a possibility that Kaplan might be Katarina. Isn't that a little far fetched?

I am sure it's ripping him apart that she betrayed him like this. Like he said it himself, from all the people in the world, he never thought she would betray him.

That is what I was wondering as well Marilyn. I want to believe she didn't want to get him killed either. No matter what he did to turn he life upside down. Maybe in that moment he was a means to an end for her?
Reply   Post New Thread