Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

4x06: "THE THRUSHES" Episode Discussion Thread (10/27/2016 @ 10PM)

4x06 | The Thrushes
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
When Alexander Kirk contracts with a mysterious group that specializes in hacking the world's most secure computer systems, Red (James Spader) and Liz (Megan Boone) see an opportunity to make a move on Kirk's organization.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:43 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris.

Enjoy the episode tonight everyone!

Old 10-27-2016, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Okay, I just saw the episode and it was really good! I loved it, really.

First of all, was it just me or did the 'Goodnight, Elizabeth.' seem like a goodbye somehow from Red... Maybe that's really the point where he'll kind of walk away... He might continue to work with the task force and therefore with Liz but I can see him distancing himself. After the talk he had with Cooper especially.

About Liz... I really have no clue what to think. I need to process it all because I honestly am totally confused by how she might feel now. I can't say.

Aram, OMFG, I so love Aram. And it was Elise, thank Goodness!!!! He did great the dinner date although it was so awkward at first. He did good, really. I want to see him in places like that more often because it's such a joy to watch it.

Samar and Aram, okay, call me hooked! This episode was so super sweet... Without it being annoying or feeling out of place. I really liked it, the way they did it. It was perfect for the two of them.

Kirk... Hm, I'm still wondering what they'll do with him now. And he never was on Red's list in the beginning. See, the list is changing. And I still try to make sense of everything that was said.
Red took Katarina and Masha away from Kirk? Do you think that's true? How does that fit with everything else we know, like what Red had told Liz about her father taking her and her mother going after him to get her back. Did Red take them afterwards and wanted to protect them and it all resulted in Liz being at Sam and Katarina killing herself? Or was it before and Kirk found them? Why did he do it? Did he love her, too? I need answers????

Mr. Kaplan, I still can't make any sense of that guy... He doesn't seem dangerous so far but he nevertheless creeps the hell out of me
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:07 AM
New Fan

I'll see the episode tomorrow, and now I want to know more details but at the same time I don't....only a question, do we know in this episode who is Liz father?
Nini69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

I am so disappointed in Liz. I pretty much hate her now. I don't know how she will win me back.

No, imo we don't know who the dad is because I still believe every word Red said. He told Liz it's easy to fake DNA. Liz is so stupid and insensitive to me right now. Tom made more sense than Liz. At least he understood they needed to get Agnes back.

Was it just me or did Kirk look shocked when Liz said they had a DNA test. I don't think he knew about it so I am now more convinced it's fake.

Boss Cooper was back. I love how he told Liz he didn't agree with how she was treating Red. But Liz only cares for herself. No one else. And Red's talk with Cooper about how he never thought each day would get harder than the last. I think he regrets everything and he is blaming himself. All he gets from Liz is resentment. I am glad he felt he could talk to Cooper

Kris, I don't believe anything about Kirk. I believe what Red told her. That Katarina followed Lizs father to Russia and Liz shot him during the fire. There is still more to come. There is some reason Red didn't have Kirk on his list. He obviously knew he was alive this whole time.

Ok Ressler had some good lines. The look on his face when Aram talked about the crackers. Lolol. He said Aram was like a gerbil on meth. Rotflmao.

Aram is awesome. More Aram please. And I did like he and Samars scenes. They were good without being overwhelming.

But I am also disappointed. I thought Samar was going to have a breakdown. Now is she just over it? Is the team over it? Are we really going to have no conversations about what Liz did? Was the little bit at the beginning of the season the only time it will be discussed?

Yes, Kris , I think Red's good night to Liz was a signal that he's leaving. After watching him last night I am convinced of that. And Liz and tom didn't even bother to tell him thank you. No she can't even say that. All she can say is she wants the guard gone and they will get their on place. Good luck with that Liz.

Btw, no one appeared to notice that Kaplan wasn't at the meeting, not even profiler Liz. So do you think the new guy is Red's new cleaner? I hope not. He seemed pretty nervous.
Fangirl49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG! Why can't every episode be written by Daniel Knauf! He was written Cape May and now this one! It was fantastic! I loved it SO much!

"Quack, quack, b*tch." I loved Aram! He was SO amazing! I can't even! My heart broke when he found about Elise but he nailed her a** afterwards and he did SO great! And his scenes with Samar! I love these two so much and I totally forgive Samar for being such a b*tch to him two episodes ago. The kiss on the cheek was so sweet! Aw I can't stop thinking about them!

I was so confused with Liz. I couldn't make any sense out of it and I still can't. When I heard he tell the others that the disagreement she had with Red was staged for Kirk I was so happy but afterwards her calling Kirk and telling her about the plan. I still don't know if I can trust her.

Loved the scene where Kirk was on the roof with Agnes and Liz talked in on him. She did a really great job there. It was good that Red let Liz handle most of it. I really thought that once Kirk gave Agnes to Liz he was going to jump off the roof but he didn't. I wonder what they are going to do with him now.

I am so glad Liz and Tom have Agnes back and I really hope they can keep it that way but I am very afraid something will happen with Agnes again.

I loved the conversation between Red and Cooper! I never thought Red would talk about how he felt after he turned himself in or how he expected it to go. I surely didn't think he would talk to Cooper about it but it somehow felt so right. I was surprised that he said that Kirk wasn't going to be on his list so probably he does end up changing the list?

Mr. Kaplan. She said she tried to kill herself. You think she is trying to protect Red by saying that? So that the guy is not going to look for Red cause he obviously knows about Red because of the pictures that where taking in the woods. I still wonder what that guy is going to do to her.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Liz calling Kirk and telling him the plan was staged as well. That's how Red knew where to be. Everything was staged to manipulate Kirk. The only thing that wasn't staged was every nasty thing Liz said about Red.
Fangirl49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I had a feeling that was staged as well but I was so confused and I can't believe some of the things she said about Red!

But Red is seeing that he is suffocating her what the things he does. He told Cooper. So do you guys think when he said goodbye to Tom and Liz it was a goodbye?
Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

I do. I think he will walk away on the mid season finale.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aram & Samar scenes were the best. and i loved the fight scene between Aram and Elsie. cant wait to see whatelse is to come between Aram an Samar.

i used to love liz and tom. but now im really starting to dislike liz so much.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I didn't see it as a goodbye until I read here that you and Kris felt like it was. Thinking about it, it could very well have been a goodbye. Do you think it will be because of what she did to him or because he is realizing that she suffocating her like he said to Cooper?

Hi Jen. Great to see you post your thoughts on the episode. I think everybody is starting to dislike Liz. I don't get her at all lately.

I loved Samar and Aram as well and the fight between Aram and Elise looked really good! They should have Aram do more things in the field from now on.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

I think it will be a little of both, but mainly what she did to him made him realize how she feels about him. She does not want him around unless she wants to use him. She made that clear.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:24 PM
New Fan

Hello everyone!!

Absolutely loved everything about this episode!! My fave of the series so far!
I am glad they have not dragged on the whole capture of Agnes because it was taking over the whole series and id rather it be dealt with and now it has. Also glad that Elise thing was not dragged out and made into a love triangle which I thought it might have been but they dealt with that really well in this episode. Enjoyed watched Samar and Aram for a change. Starting to forgive Samar, and would never have believed that after first few episodes when she really started to irritate me. I really hope the post office can start becoming a bit more "normal" now and their relationship starts to get back on track.

Liz is constantly giving mixed signals and I dont understand her logic, but she does have a dilemma. She says she doesnt trust Red, but who does she put her trust in, in the end, to save Agnes and capture Kirk? Red.
So even though she is not saying it, she does deep down trust him enough to stage it with him so he can take Kirk down. She did mention that Kirk is the only guy that is willing to give her answers, but she clearly doesnt trust him and this is where she is confused and has her dilemma, because deep down she trusts Red but he is not giving her the answers she needs, but she needs Kirk alive to learn about her past so she has to play them off against each other to get what she wants. But all she is doing is pushing Red away.

My fave part was the scene between Red and Cooper, Red finally admitting he is smothering her, and found it a lot harder than he thought it would be. I love the fact that Red opened up, he rarely does and its nice to see that side of him!

On a final note, glad Mr Kaplan was in it now. Maybe we will see more of her now the whole Agnes and Kirk thing has been dealt with. Not sure who the guy is and what he actually wants from her. Why doesnt he just kill her, what is he after?? Surely he would have just left her to die if he didnt want to save her life? Very strange. He might actually end up helping her in the end..
Marauders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:10 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone!!! First time poster here!!! I generally liked the episode better than the others from this season....BUT, I'm finding myself still watching episodes from the first 3 seasons longing for that great Liz/Red interaction!!!

To me... Shows boil down to character development and the relationships between the characters.... I hooked on the BL because of the intriguing dynamic between Red/Liz... His unfaltering loyalty and affection towards her and the mystery of there connection... Having said that I'm feeling thins have just gotten a little to strung along for far to long and it's starting to get old.... I feel NO key points in the mystery of the fire and red/Liz's connection has been revealed and in fact it's more confusing than ever!! I don't see why at this point we couldn't have a major reveal of some key parts to the audience just not reveal it to the other characters... Namely Liz.

I also am sick of Liz's constant crappy attitude towards Red... It's really off putting!!! And makes her character really un-like able!! I loved the daddy/daughter dynamic they had the first 3 seasons... I honestly will be really upset if Red isn't her father, as we're all emotionally invested in the characters at this point..

I have been thinking and thinking and I cannot figure out how Kirk fits into everything...my recent thoughts are Red/KR or Red raised Liz from baby or young girl to around 4 when the fire happened? So something happened with Kirk back in Russia? Either he was a danger to KR or??? I can't see Red tearing KR and Liz away from her husband and father just because he was in love with KR?! Yet Kirk and Red obviously hate eachother but Red wasn't intending on going after Kirk as he wasn't on the list, so he must have not done anything to bad or been involved in whatever went down with KR/Liz/fire???

Also... I originally thought Liz shot Red, and he was the guy lying on the floor in Liz's memory as that would explain how he got so severely burned all over his back.... But then I thought that Red was the one who saved Liz from the fire and in that case how would that explain how he got so severely burned? It Kirk was the one who was shot by Liz and lying on the ground the why ain't he brined anywhere or why would he have shown Liz? If KR was shot by Loz then why would red say she died of "weakness and shame".... It just doesn't make any sense!!!! And I thought Red was the one in the memory saying "her name is Elizabeth".. Meaning she had been living with him in the US for her protection, not Russia at the time of the fire... But if KR was with them why would she be referring to Loz as "Masha" in the flashback argument.... It would be simple to say that red/KR fled to the US and raised Elizabeth until she was around 4 (would explain why Red is so fond of her)... And that the Kabal found out about there work/the fulcrum and who they were and came to confront them the night of the fire and that's when things went down?? And then Red out Liz with Sam for her protection?? But it doesn't explain why he feels so guilty about something??? What did he do??? What happened that was so awful that he went rogue and against the CIA?! How does Kirk fit in???
RED4president2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

My fave thing about the episode! SAMAR AND ARAM!!! They were just too cute!!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread