Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

4x07: "DR. ADRIAN SHAW" Episode Discussion Thread (11/03/2016 @ 10PM)

4x07 | Dr. Adrian Shaw
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
Red (James Spader) directs the Task Force to track down an individual who provides new identities to criminals on the run. Meanwhile, as Alexander Kirk's medical condition worsens, Liz (Megan Boone) seeks guidance from Cooper (Harry Lennix) on a crucial decision.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:45 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:09 PM
New Fan

Alright I'm calling it.... Liz agrees to do the blood transfusion for Kirk and it doesn't work because she's not biologically his daughter! Katarina and Red or Liz's father faked the DNA test to keep Liz safe at the time, keeping the affair a secret?

Also... Dembe goes back to give Mr.Kaplan a proper burial since he feels so guilty... Sees Kate is not there!!! Either saves her from crazy dude OR tells Red and he does OR Kate escaped and goes after Red...
RED4president2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

I love predictions! I'm always wrong with mine. Have to admit, I agree with you about the blood test.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Please let that be how the paternity question plays out. That would be great. Ready for Red to be right, Liz to be wrong, Red to leave for awhile so that Liz can wallow and start lookng for Red for a change.

Quote:
Also... Dembe goes back to give Mr.Kaplan a proper burial since he feels so guilty... Sees Kate is not there!!! Either saves her from crazy dude OR tells Red and he does OR Kate escaped and goes after Red...
You're good. Would love to see Dembe save Kate. Great idea and we would get to see more of Dembe.
HeySoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris!

My predictions are mostly wrong as well so let wait and see what tonight's episode will bring.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:06 PM
New Fan

BOOM!!!!! Who doesn't think Red is her daddy now? AND I think Tom had known this whole time....
Old 11-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

This episode was amazing and I don't like to say it but I told you the whole time that Kirk isn't her father I knew it... Because Red would never lie to her!

And I'm the one thinking that Red isn't her father because he told her so in season 1 and he never lied to her

Okay, Liz again was her stupid self... It's unbelievable how badly she wants answers. It doesn't count anymore that he almost killed every single person she calls her family at that church, that he wanted Tom dead, that he kidnapped Agnes and almost threw her from the rooftop of that building. I really don't get it... And yes, extracting stem cells from her blood is a difference to make an actual bone marrow donation... I don't get her.

And I loved TOM!!!! Damn it, finally and I never thought I'd say it, he's the normal person there for once! I'm really rooting for Tom there.
Btw, I'm sure Tom knows nothing, neither about who Liz's father is or anything else... Why would it. Red would never have shared these information with anybody, especially Tom! He's just thinking clearly, that's everything.

What I don't understand is why Red wants Sonia Bloom aka Adrian Shaw to continue with her trial Why is that???

The task force again was too late...

Funny though that Liz right away jumped to conclusions again when Kirk told her Red had manipulated the DNA test. Glad though that Red could make her see what's going on and that all the charade was only happening because as long as Kirk believed her to be her daughter, she'd be safe. I'm pretty sure that the DNA report in Kirk's file was faked in order to protect Liz shall Kirk ever find out that she's alive. Nicely done.

And I'm super excited for next week's episode!!!

BTW, there was this sexual tension between Red and Samar again
Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 AM
New Fan

I'll watch he episode tonight, but I like to read your opinions first...

But before I can comment, I have a weird theory and I must share it with you:

What if Liz father was Sam and the third man? Imagine that Katarina was put in Red life to get information, and he fall in love with her but she fall for Sam. Is an impression of mine or Sam worked with Red? What if it was Sam who betrayed his country and got away with Katarina to Rusia?

I have think of it due to some of the things Red has said to Liz, that he is the sin eater, in reference to the fact that he is paying for something he didn't (betray his country). And something he said Kirk in Ep 1 S04, that Liz wasn't his to raise up...It would explain why Red brought Liz to Sam, because he was his real father. And perhaps that was what Sam wanted to tell Liz before he die, and maybe that was the reason Red killed Sam, to protect Liz from the truth...she admired and loved Sam, and to know that he was a traitor...

This theory has weak points like what would be the reason for Red to accept the acusation of being a traitor or why he cares for Liz, if she is the daughter of a man who betrayed him...

Something funny, I have just figure out that BTW means By The Way... I tought is was Between and I have used with that sense.....
Nini69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Great episode. Thank goodness that is settled.

So right Kris Red didn't lie. And in the beginning of the episode Red told her her instinct to save Kirk would kick in and she would help him escape. And lo and behold Red was right again. Liz helped him get out of the post office and into the hospital where she almost went through a painful and dangerous surgery and now he will escape. And angry because Red was right. Liz needs a Gibbs head slap.

Yes Tom the rational one. Although he was calm and low key in the very beginning before he was outed. Why would Liz put her life at risk when she just got her baby back from the lunatic.

I can't wait to see what red will do with Dr Shaw.

I am hoping for a tease about Mr. Kaplan.

Sexual tension or is Red just a horn dog? I assume it's been awhile for Red. LOL.
HeySoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Kris totally with you. Red doesn't lie to Liz. Plus just think if he admits to Kirk next week thst he's the dad, we are just going to think he's lying to Kirk. Even if he's given truth serum because he is trained to withstand it. And the cycle continues

Can I just say give me Red, Dembe and a Highligts magazine any day? Liz can just go to the spin off. I'm tired of her. Btw Red found the banana...great way to work the code word in again.

I am a member of Team Tom. Can't believe he now has better insight than Liz!!! Go tom go. Anyone else find it interesting that he said Scottie abandoned him instead of that he was kidnapped. I loved how he told her that no he didn't need answers because he had what was important.

My theory on the dr: at first I thought Red was going to try to save Kirk but at the end when he told Lizzie Kirk would now kill her, made me change my mind. Here's my new theory. Please don't laugh. It looks like Kirk and evil lady are in a relationship. What if they have a male child who has the disease. Red is getting a cure in order to make a deal with evil lady to get her to leave Liz alone.

Interesting thought about Sam. I just don't know although I have thought Red and Sam might be brothers.

I still feel this tension between Red and Ressler. I just couldn't understand why Ressler would so obviously still not trust Red. He was determined to get the dr before Red even if it meant messing up Red's plan. I think Red expected him to do that, but still....,

Yes sexual tension Red and Samar. Love that scene, although I think Red was mainly deflecting.

Interesting open with Red and Liz she was being nice to him. But seems like she doesn't want to work on the task force. I can't figure out what they are going to do with them

Now for the ultimate question. Are we really going to get an answer next week or is it going to end and we have to wait till the show comes back inJanuary.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:05 PM
New Fan

I believe the writers are getting to the point where they need to reveal something.....its been 4 years and even though they've thrown in doubts and twists by they've ALWAYS hinted hugely at Red being her Dad. It's everywhere in the show... Including the scenes for the next episode where he offers up his life for hers! Kirk didn't make that deal... Red openly offers it immediately without hesitation!! There is just NO other explanation for his intense affection/loyalty to Liz... Not guilt, not that he loved her mother, those things might add to it... But those things alone don't explain it. It's been 4 years and people/viewers are loosing interest(not the die hard fans obviously)...

Also keep in mind the majority of casual viewers who have been watching the show WANT Red to be the dad.... People have emotionally invested in the Liz/Red character all these years.... They want Red to be her dad! Most family members/casual viewers I know ALL think and want Red to be Liz's dad... It's the most obvious answer but writers have gone to great lengths to put doubt there.

Now I think next week will either confirm that Red is the father, OR will bring to light a 3rd man?

I think the biggest question is..... WAS Red katarina's lover... If so I would say for sure he is her dad. It's been heavily hinted that he was her lover... But not sure if it's been truly proven? There could be another man that was Katarina's lover and possibly Red's friend or partner........ I would liken to say though the rage that Kirk has towards Red, would mean that he knew Red and knew Red was Katarina's lover or something of that nature. But I personally believe Red and Katarina came up with the fake DNA test to give to Kirk so he would think Liz was his therefore she would be safe from any kind of revenge...
Old 11-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I'm so happy that today I have the time to post, not like last week when I really had no time and had to catch up on everything.

Nini, you really read everything in here before watching the episode I couldn't do that because it would kill me. I so try to not go on any social media before I have seen the episode and I always start work later on Fridays so I can watch the episode before work It's not normal, I know but I can't help it, I'm addicted!

I somehow don't believe that Sam is the bio-dad... I rule that out completely. Sam is somehow connected to Sam, he is his best friend, but that's where it ends... I doubt that they are relatives or brothers or something like that, I just think it's been one of Red's longest and closest friendships.
And I don't believe that Sam was involved into the Katarina stuff... Red might have told him but he wasn't there.

Susana, I'm super happy that you agree on the Red doesn't lie and hasn't lied to Liz. Same about Marilyn
Yes, Red predicted exactly what would happen and he was right about Liz... It's fascinating how well he knows her. I love that.

And wow, our Tom love... Guys, I can see us really getting into Tom. Becoming kind of Tom shippers here and I somehow like the thought. I really thought they couldn't do anything that would make me start to like him but they did. I'm really positively surprised by him the last two episodes.

Marilyn, I agree... Not sure what's wrong with Ressler. It's still this tension and something definitely is not right. His reaction to Red's plan was kind of really strange and it felt over the top for Ressler. There was a time, when Ressler trusted Red in the plans, for example when it come to the Director episodes... And now, not a glimpse.

And I don't see your theory about Dr. Shaw happening but I really have no idea, not even a thought, on what she could be working on... Maybe something we don't know about yet, something that needs to be revealed, a greater goal? What if it isn't connected to Kirk exactly?

Oh yes, I as well think it was more of a deflection for Red when he talked to Samar. And still, he could have done it differently, couldn't he?

Red4president2016 (May I ask you for your name because always writing down that user name is really no fun ), I really hope you're right and they'll finally give us something... It's about time and like you pointed out, viewers deserve an answer.

I really can see Red coming up with this DNA test idea as well to keep Liz safe... He said he'd do everything for that and I'm sure he would. We know that already!
Old 11-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

I wondered if the dr shaw connection could be for Agnes because that dr questioned about her heritage last year???

Also the sad thing is it doesn't matter what Red says under truth serum. Lol because neither side will believe him. If he says he is the father, I won't believe him because he's trained to deal with truth serum and vice versa. Lol. I am looking forward to a conversation with him and Kirk. I do hope we get some answers!!!

Btw. Where was Agnes? Do you think Baz was babysitting?
Old 11-04-2016, 01:47 PM
New Fan

Kris, I know I shouldn't read before watching the episode, It kills the surprise but I can't help It, I'm so impatience .. and about Sam I told you It was a weird theory but It came to me like a flash this morning and had to tell someone ...and btw Happy birthday, I have read that It was yesterday.
Nini69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Nini, if I were to miss an episode I would totally be reading everything in advance. There's no way I'd be able to wait.