Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

4x08: "DR. ADRIAN SHAW: CONCLUSION" Episode Discussion Thread (11/10/2016 @ 10PM)

4x08 | Dr. Adrian Shaw: Conclusion
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
Red (James Spader) pressures Dr. Shaw to locate a former patient. Liz (Megan Boone) contemplates the implications of her ties to an increasingly desperate and dangerous Alexander Kirk. Mr. Kaplan (Susan Blommaert) comes to a critical realization about her future.

Last edited by Miranda; 02-02-2017 at 10:46 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris.

Happy Blacklist Thursday everybody! Enjoy the fall finale.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Kris.

A Kaplan siting. That synopsis has made me more excited. Oh my palms are sweaty.
HeySoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 AM
New Fan

Who is going to watch the episode tonight?

I must wait until tomorrow night....
Nini69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

I am. Can't wait.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I'll get up at 5am just to watch the episode before I head to work! And since I have to be at work pretty early tomorrow the night will end at 5 I'm crazy, I know but otherwise I wouldn't survive the day at work

ETA - I'm still processing it all... It's too early. My comments will come in the afternoon/evening.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 11-10-2016 at 10:52 PM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:31 AM
New Fan

I got up at 5am to watch it this morning. I will comment later but my initial feeling is of disappointment, its not how I wanted the interactions to be between Red and Kirk.
Not sure it really answered any questions to be honest. Nothing about the fire, nothing really about their past together of any significance. I couldnt quite understand what Red was saying half the time so I will watch it again later.
Red when he said he was her father, didnt sound convincing to me, he had said previously "what do you want me to tell you" or something to that effect so in the end he just said yes as Kirk wouldnt have believed him otherwise. As for what Red whispered to him, that was annoying. Thought we were going to find things out and all its done is ask more questions. And I knew I wouldnt really believe red with whatever answer he gave, unless it was to Liz. So i feel we are back at square one and I believe viewers should start getting answers now, its a feeling of frustration!!
Kirk is now "gone" so obviously not dead. Will he make an appearance again? Because right now I am not interested in him anymore. He is not related to Liz, so they should have killed him and be done with that story line.

I guess I was right about one thing and that was Dr Shaw, initially believed Red had found her to help Kirk.

I liked the Mr Kaplan scenes, but again, what was the point of being held hostage and then let go free? Didnt understand it at all. I guess the writers just needed a place for her to recover, but why make it like they did. Seemed pointless.
Anyway, other than just feeling a little let down, there was some good highlights.
I really loved the scene when Red told Dembe to forgive him for Kate. Found it really touching. As I will always believe that Kate did do the right thing.
Loved the ending with Red and Liz. The hug! Just wish the scene was longer and they spoke more. Really god damn hope she appreciates him for this!!
Maybe later on I will feel a lot more positive about this episode and reading everyone elses posts will make me realise how good the episode was. But right now its hard as its early, I need to get to work and wanted the episode to be a bit more explosive and jaw dropping.. and I got neither
Marauders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

Two things.....

Red and Dembe always get me! I love their bond!

I wanna know what Red said to make Kirk change his mind at the last moment!

Ok... three things....

Red holding Agnes at the end was so sweet!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I couldn't stop crying through the Red/Kirk scenes and the Red/Dembe scenes.

Is Red really her father? Or did he only tell Kirk that because that is what Kirk wanted to hear? Same as Kris, I need to process things as well. The promo said we were going to get answers but I feel like we only got more questions instead of answers. The biggests questions being; did he tell Kirk the truth when he said Liz was his daughter and what did he whisper in Kirk's ear when Kirk injected him? I need to know! And know we have to wait so long to get an answer. If we ever get an answer that is.. I did really like the Red/Kirk scenes, I thought they were very good.

What I still don't get is what Red has to gain by helping Kirk to stay alive. Kirk has been a threat to him, to Liz and to Agnes so why not kill him? Why offer him a way to stay alive?

Red and Dembe.. I cried so hard when Red asked Dembe to forgive him for Kate, forgive him for everything. It was a goodbye and it was so hard for me. It was such a touching moment and I love it that Dembe tried come up with other things to save Liz so Red wouldn't have to give himself up.

Loved the scene between Tom and Dembe and the lawyer/patient they needed. "Anyone call for a ride."

At the end, I really thought Kirk had taken Red somewhere else or that Red has disappeared on his own. I was so relieved when showed up at Tom and Liz's doorstep. I bet that Tom knew what Red did cause he asked him "Did it work." So I think Tom knows a little more than we do..The hug that Liz gave him felt very genuine and I loved that moment. When Red held Agnes and Liz told him she wished her father could have been there to see Agnes, for a very brief moment I thought Red might say something along the lines of "I am" and then reveal he is her father.. Yes I know I let my imagination get carried away..

Oh and of course, who was driving the car Mr. Kaplan got into? Dembe? Somebody from her past?

Last edited by Miranda; 11-11-2016 at 03:32 AM
Miranda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have to watch again because I just couldn't understand a lot of what Red was saying while he was drugged. But no pillows were thrown or balloons popped.

I did like Red and Kirk talking at the end. I want to know what Red told Kirk that changed his mind. My general mood this week has made me impatient though so I am annoyed that I may never know what was whispered. Lol. I threw my hands up at another tease.

So Red does think Mr Kaplan is dead. I accept his apology. Dembe is the man. He doesn't have to say much to convey his feelings. Well Hisham is that good.

So the man holding Mr Kaplan was just a man who wanted to never be found. I am glad she has recovered and is on her way back. At least I think so. My take on seeing her walking at the end was of a woman determined. To do what I am not sure. I am hoping for good things but she believes Red would kill her if he saw her again. She is not aware of all that has happened since she was gone. Red seems to have regretted killing her. Well I hope there will be more of Kaplan.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you all I was incredibly disappointed but thought it might be because of this horrible week.

Why not have one episode to build up to this and another with Red and Kirk?

We got no answers again! I wanted more about the fire and the people involved. We got nothing. I wanted a conversation between Red and Liz about her fake death. We got nothing. I don't think we ever will. I needed more tension and drama. I just expected more oomph.

I already expected the daddy question to be ambiguous. Dk the writers think they gave an answer? To me we just got more of the same. We know he never lies to Liz but he will lie to Kirk.

So I love Red and Dembe and their scenes were beautiful. Best part of the show. Also did you see the football commercial they did. I thought it was part of the show. Lol and Red's team didn't score I loved it.

I love the hug and Red with Agnes always delights. I want s conversation with them to talk about her death and how he felt. I so need that but I now think it won't happen.

I think she finally saw how much he cares for her and she was truly worried. The look of relief on her face at the end made me happy

I did like the red Kirk scenes but they needed to be longer involve more torture and more conversation

I didn't hate the ep and maybe when I rewatch I will feel better. We do know that Katarina's job was to betray both men. I thought that was interesting. I believe Red whispered that he's not Lizs father and that's why Kirk didn't kill him. Maybe he told him who it really is. I don't know.

Saw no relevance to the Kaplan scenes other than the writers too afraid to kill her for real. She made me mad with what she said about Red except the part about her worry for the danger to Red because of what he would do for Liz.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

And the preview! WTH? Who will be the mole?
Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I'm so disgusted, I don't even care who the mole is.

The writers need to stop playing around with whether he is the father or not. They have people who ship them as a couple for goodness sake. In the first season, we get him telling Liz he's not the father. We learn he never lies to Liz. Her father died in a fire and she shot and killed him. They've built the show on him not lying to Liz. Now he tells Kirk he's the father???? I just have to believe he did it for some other reason, and that he whispered to Kirk the truth. I think I am the most angry about them not revealing anything. They psych everyone up for this big reveal and it's more of the same. Just allowing us to believe what we want. I think if I hadn't gone into the show expecting some definitive answers I would feel better about it.

As I think about it, I know we got some really excellent scenes. Red and Dembe, those scenes alone will make me watch again. That was some great work and the emotion between the two men was perfect. Dembe not knowing if he would see Red again. Both men facing Red's death.

I loved Liz and her shock that Red would come to save her. I think she was worried for him. And simply the fact that Red sacrificed himself not knowing if his plan would work or not was beautiful. Maybe Liz had a feeling in that moment of how it would feel to lose Red.

The ending was beautiful.

So how did Red get away from Kirk? Kirk accepted the deal and let him go? We don't know. The warehouse was empty when they got there. Why was Katarina's employer interested in both men? Who was she working for? Why would she marry Kirk and trick him into believing Liz was his daughter?

Who picked Kaplan up? It looked like that was arranged, but it could have been a stranger.
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Marilyn from what I gathered, well from what I could understand, the KGB sent her to Kirk and I guess Red. But we already knew that so nothing new here.

I admit when it ended I was disappointed. There seemed to be a lot more commercial pauses too. Was that just me? I think I will rewatch this weekend. I feel I missed too much. But I suspect Red didn't reveal anything new when drugged by Kirk. Am I right?

Also I wonder if Red told Kirk something about Katarina. He had already said he was Liz's father not sure changing that was what would make Kirk change his mind about killing Red. He wouldn't have believed Red.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
New Fan

I don't really care for the mole either, but I am going to say Samar!

I am kind of surprised Tom wasnt set up for the spin off either.. I guess they can do that in next episode when things get back to "normal". I hope they can get back to finding the blacklisters now and Red and Liz relationship can be on the mend.

Think Mr Kaplan just got into a random car to be honest, not sure it was related to anything in particular. I hope she reconciles with Red, I think he would forgive her and give her a second chance too. As for her, I am not sure of her opinion on that. Not sure she would actually go back to find him or not?
Marauders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread