Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

4x21: "MR. KAPLAN" Episode Discussion Thread (05/18/2017 @ 9PM)

4x21 | Mr. Kaplan
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Image by Miranda

episode synopsis
TWO EPISODE SEASON FINALE BEGINS. Facing a crippling siege on his criminal organization, Red (James Spader) tracks a high-end thief (Aldis Hodge) enlisted by Mr. Kaplan (Susan Blommaert) for a mysterious assignment. Meanwhile, Aram (Amir Arison) faces a difficult choice when Agent Gale (Enrique Murciano) takes extreme measures in his investigation into the Task Force's conduct.

Last edited by Miranda; 06-30-2017 at 06:58 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris! I can't wait to see it!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait either, wonder if Mr Kaplan will make it our alive
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really can't wait either... I guess we'll have to see, Janice. My guess really is yes, she will make it out alive. But we'll see.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I think that really is the biggest question; if Kaplan is going to survive or not.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I'm not sure I'm able to write anything about this episode when my head is spinning with everything we got in episode 22

Really, I will skip this one for now (I should have written it all down after I saw this episode and before I watched the finale ). I'm looking forward to what you bring up though!

ETA - I could think of something! We saw Dom again!!!!! That's fantastic. I love it so much. And damn, he didn't even know that Masha was still alive. After seeing the finale, I'm wondering why Red said to him: "I'm sorry that I wasn't who you wanted me to be." or something like that... Do you think that Dom is aware of Red not being Raymond Reddington? I'm so much more confused now!

And Red didn't want to kill Kaplan, he wanted to send her to her own paradise prison... She didn't take it. Yeah, surprise.

Besides, I was really shocked by her trying to make a deal with Gale and DOJ... I didn't even consider that possibility.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 05-19-2017 at 12:16 AM
Old 05-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I know Kris the two episodes are running together in my mind and I am overwhelmed.

Red going to give Kaplan his getaway. How awesome was that scene. Obviously a red planned for a way out for himself. I wonder did he lose that by offering it to Kate. Can he hide it again. Or would it be unsafe. I didn't see that coming with Gale either. I couldn't believe he was there.

The episode kept me on the edge of my seat and now I'm like what happened.

Omg. We saw Dom. I loved it and he and Red with the love hate. Did Dom even believe Red? I couldn't tell. Such a brief scene but so incredible
Old 05-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

So again I havn't watched yet, Red didn't kill Kaplan??

Last edited by ~Janice~; 05-19-2017 at 08:45 AM
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

She got away in this one.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I am still so shocked! I did like 4x22 better than this one to be really honest. But this was one amazing as well but 4x22 was fantastic!
Old 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Marilyn, funny that it's been the same for you For the future I'll keep in mind that I watch one episode, post afterwards and then watch the second Otherwise I will mix it all up.

What do you think about Red's little island... His safe place? I thought it super cute and Dom really is the person that kept it there, all these years.

In general, what's your opinion about the Dom/Red scene we got?

And I so love the fact that Mr. Kaplan didn't know about Dom!

Gale right away confronted Ressler I didn't see this coming and I really didn't expect it. But it was Mr. Kaplan in the end who teamed up with Gale...
Old 05-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

I thought the safe place total perfection and so Red to think of it and keep it hidden with Dom of all people. And Dom questioning him getting it because Red said it was only for dire events. Dom as worried for Red even though he acts like he hates him. Their interactions are so complex and fantastic. And a red told Dom to find Liz if something happened to him. Oh my.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I really didn't think Gale would confront Ressler either. I thought he was going to use him to get to Red and maybe even hurt him but I glad he didn't do that. Do you think we will see him in S5?

The island. Red's contingency plan. It was a good move but he could have known that Kaplan would have never taken it. It was very good idea of him to keep it safe at Dom's house. I was so happy to see him again! I really hope that he can meet Liz in S5. That would be amazing! Loved the Dom/Red scenes. See Red tries to protect everybody, even Dom!
Old 05-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, true, Marilyn... The Dom and Red relationship is just fascinating. I'm sure Dom isn't fond of Red and he hates him to some degree. But I as well think that Dom is thankful for everything Red has done for his granddaughter so far... I think it's a love/hate relationship. Besides, Dom knows that Katarina loved Red... Or at last that's all we know.

Miranda, I'm not sure if we'll see Gale again in season 5. It would be interesting somehow. But his reputation is destroyed since Hitchin stopped all the investigation. I'm not sure how he'd come back? Maybe Ressler related?
Old 05-29-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm actually bummed Kaplan is dead now. Kaplan was fascinating.

Otherwise ok episode. I'm not convinced Red is actually Liz's bio father...why else would they test a blood sample from 30 years ago and not just test the Red in person now?

Other thoughts:
*No to Tom, pleaseeee.
*Also, no to Gale. That actor kills me with how much he overacts.
*Ressler's storyline feels super OOC to me. Ressler seems like the guy who would have called the cops saying it was an accident and she fell.
Reply   Post New Thread