Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

5x01: "SMOKEY PUTNUM" Episode Discussion Thread (09/27/2017 @ 8PM)

5x01 | Smokey Putnum
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
SEASON PREMIERE. With his criminal empire in ruins, a surprisingly carefree Red (James Spader) enlists Liz (Megan Boone) in an unlikely plan to simultaneously earn cash and deliver a new Blacklister to the Task Force. As Liz faces the new reality of working alongside her father, Ressler (Diego Klattenhoff) finds himself in a precarious position and Tom (Ryan Eggold) weighs his options. Harry Lennix, Amir Arison, Mozhan Marnò and Hisham Tawfiq also star. Michael Aronov, James Carpinello and Aida Turturro guest star.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 06:48 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

TFTNT! Can't wait to see this one!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Me neither!!!!

Miranda, will you be able to watch the episode tomorrow? If so, when exactly?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

WTH? WTH? WTH? Red shot Tom? Is Tom dead? Is Tom in the box? The K stands for Keene? WTH? WTH? WTH? The whole episode is gone from my mind and I am just stuck with that ending. What just happened? Somebody tell me!!!!!

It looked like he shot him in Cuba but that cant be right????
Old 09-27-2017, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ummmm...

This was one of those episodes that just seemed oddly paced...but it turned out well enough in the end. I saw one critic who didn't like that Reddington kept Liz in the dark about his plans. I get that criticism, but the problem is that if Liz knows, then we know, too. So I think it was more to preserve the reveal to the audience than it was a deliberate decision about the Reddington/Liz dynamic.

The flashes at the end threw me, too...

Spoiler:
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!!!! YES!!!!!! This ending was such a shocker but man, I think that secret about the suitcase will lead to Tom's death? It looked as if it was their apartment and as if it's been a flash forward. I'm going crazy but man, what will this mean for Red and Liz

I really liked the episode. It wasn't anything too special, but it was good. The whole dynamic was great

So Cooper and the rest having a new boss... and them being investigated, that's really something new. I like this.

Ressler Oh man, I never expected that he'd bring himself into this situation with Prescott...

ETA: Since I had time to think about the final flash back scene, I doubt that dembe and Red were shooting Tom. I think he got himself into trouble because of his investigstion of the suitcase. I think this suitcase is more dangerous than we might expect now. I think Red and Dembe will come to Tom's recue because honestly, Liz would NEVER forgive Red shall he hirt or even kill Tom.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 09-28-2017 at 01:04 AM
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

A flash forward? Ok interesting. Because I have thought of all the wonderful ways tom could be dead and in the suitcase... only to have my husband tell me I'm crazy and we are not looking at Ghost Tom or Fake Tom standing there. I never thought about a possible flash forward. I've been going back in time thinking of all the times Red could have shot Tom and couldn't come up with anything. Lol. But I was good with whatever as long as Tom was dead.

Seriously that ending drove all other episode ideas out of my head.. but now I can comment. I enjoyed this episode and thought it a nice change of pace. I loved watching this side of Red. And finally seeing he and Liz get along and work together was great. I love seeing Red get his new team together and still give Cooper a blacklister. I love the dance at the end. Love it.

Yes Cooper has a new boss this could be trouble.

And Ressler, you have a problem now. A big one. I don't know how he will solve it. I must admit Ressler totally surprised me. It didn't seem like he felt guilty at all.

Can I just add that the music was great? Especially James Brown at the beginning at the pool singing about being the boss.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 09-28-2017 at 07:47 AM
Fangirl49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

OMFG!! When everybody got the message that Hitchin was found dead! I thought that Prescott was a cleaner and that he should have gotten rid of her body! I wonder why he didn't get rid of the body. Okay whatever he was a fixer and he said he got rid of the evidence why not her body?. Looks like I was right and Prescott is going to blackmail Ressler..

I really loved seeing Red and Liz work together again so well! And them dancing together!

Seems like Red is really enjoying his new lifestyle. But it looks like he is going to rebuild his empire again!
Aram and Samar!!!

OMFG again!!! What was up with that ending?!!! With Tom, Red and Dembe...

ETA: I had time to think about the final scene as well and I never thought about a flash forward either!! I was thinking before I read Kris' comment that Red and Dembe killed the "real" Tom and that this one was a fake one. I know I am crazy.

Last edited by Miranda; 09-28-2017 at 01:05 PM
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Guys, you're cracking me up here. You really both considered that Dembe and Red killed Tom and that this one is a fake one? Okay... That's way too much syfy, even for you guys

I never even considered what you thought it could be. It was so clear to me that this is a flash forward but I really thought at first that Red and Dembe would kill Tom in one of the upcoming episodes. While I drove to work though I had time to think and the way they stormed into the apartment, Tom laying down there, I doubted that Red or Dembe shot him but that somebody else is in the apartment and these are the people who shot Tom and that Dembe and Red were aiming for. So the question is, will Tom die or will he survive again

Ressler, I really have no words... I totally agree with Marilyn. It didn't feel at all as if he'd feel guilty about her death. He felt pretty okay with it, as if he really enjoyed her being dead.
And then indicating through his behavior towards Prescott that he might not be the person Red introduced him to be... No no no. That's not good. It could really be a danger for the whole task force and Red.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I am not saying that Red and Dembe shot him but somebody else could have and Red and Dembe were there to try to prevent it? I don't know.. but I did think for a second that this might have been a fake Tom.

If it is really a flash forward.. why would they start using that now? I really want to know cause I think that is very interesting.

It's going to come back and bite him. Ressler is not going to get rid of Prescott easily and I don't even want to know what he is going to have to do for Prescott.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Because they want to tease the fandom and keep us up on our toes That's how some shows work. Last season something like that happened in Agents of Shield

I really can see Ressler teaming up with Red at some point. And the knowledge of having the work with Red will kill Ressler at some point. Although like I said before, I doubt he feels any remorse right now.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

My husband kinda called me an idiot. Maybe he was right. A flash forward never crossed my mind. Like I said I thought tom was cut up and in the box. Even K being carved in the wood made sense. Rotflmao.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Ressler/Prescott thing is weird to me... Logically, the first thing Ressler should do is tell Reddington what's going on and let him put Prescott in a suitcase. Now, we know that Ressler's never going to do that...but the bigger question to me is: why doesn't Prescott think that Ressler's going to do that?
Wild Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I think Ressler will only ask for Red's help when he does have any other way out. Ressler is way too proud to ask Red for help but I think that in the end, he is going to have to tell Red what is going on.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
The Ressler/Prescott thing is weird to me... Logically, the first thing Ressler should do is tell Reddington what's going on and let him put Prescott in a suitcase. Now, we know that Ressler's never going to do that...but the bigger question to me is: why doesn't Prescott think that Ressler's going to do that?
You know that's right. Prescott should expect that. He knows Ressler because of Red. He knows they are associates. He should be afraid to cross one of Reds people unless they think Reds organization is too destroyed for Red to help.