Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

5x04: "THE ENDLING" Episode Discussion Thread (10/18/2017 @ 8PM)

5x04 | The Endling
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Liz (Megan Boone) and the Task Force hunt for an elusive criminal who will stop at nothing to destroy some of the world's most precious treasures. Meanwhile, a surprise encounter leads a cash-strapped Red (James Spader) toward a new business opportunity, and Tom (Ryan Eggold) takes action to investigate the bones in the suitcase.

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 10:34 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You're welcome And since I might have to go see the doctor again tomorrow I might be able to watch it in the morning as well...
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I have to work tomorrow but I will watch it tomorrow night after dinner.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Okay... No comment on the episode so far today That doesn't happen too often...

I myself really enjoyed the episode.

First of all the most shocking! NIK! I guess we can be sure now whose funeral we're going to see next week. It will be Nik's I guess. And although I really never could stand him, I'm super sad to see him die like that. And this time, it's not Red's fault, it's actually Toms for dragging him into this.

The suitcase is gone Next shocker! And whoever that guy was, he has it now. What do you think he wants with it and more pressing, who do you think is he???

Tom again betraying Liz. Honestly, whoever says that Tom is so much better than Red now, I don't know... He is not and how many times does he have to betray Liz (in this case even getting Nik killed) before people finally realize that he isn't any better, if not even worse. Nice relationship they share.

Red and these guys breaking in into his self chosen safe house That was a pretty cool storyline...

And man, the blacklister... This was sad but the only possible way for it to work out. The boy was saved but his mother has died. It was super sad.

Cooper and Liz... Oh oh, this won't end in a good way I guess.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

I really loved the blacklister storyline. I didn't see the ending coming with her killing herself. It just made me think so much of Redin Cape May and Katarina suicide. Just the look on Reds face and this woman killing herself to save her child the parallels were overwhelming.

i did wonder if maybe they would have Katarinas death have been something like this to save Liz but I realized Liz would know if she had major surgery or something in the past. I thought maybe Kat made Red kill her but I don't think she would put that guilt on Red. She would kill herself.

I like that Red and Liz turned to Nik. Now I don't think Nik was working for Red.

Tom yeah no redemption for me. Liz could get in big trouble if they realize her ID was taken. I watched that scene and wondered just how many times he did that In the past. And Nik is dead. I guess that is our new big bad. I felt bad for Nik too. Where was he? Was he at Petes? If so where is Pete? I hope that's the guys name.

I listened to Cooper and Liz and I thought you're the dummy who did the DNA test. But you know what Liz did was not unreasonable, I thought. I agreed with her and was glad they made that choice. There is a lot of gray area in life. Cooper should know that.

Now the mailman works for Red! Love it. Red is almost back. I so loved the lady in the post office talking about bad boys!!!!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, the blacklister as well reminded me of Red and Katarina's death and I as well tried to make sense of it... If there are any parallels possible or not. I couldn't come up with anything yet but really I had the same thought.

I somehow don't believe that Red killed Katarina either... But what if they needed to keep the bones to somehow safe Liz at some point in the future because they have some rare something as well... What if that's the reason why she never got a real burial? If that's Katarina's bones at all that is of course. And it's really far fetched

I as well doubt because of his death that Nik was working for Red... Okay, there goes this theory for me.

I think this Pete guy could be dead already? I don't know... Or maybe them starting to search for the DNA in the FBI database triggered something? What if it's a person high up in the government or intelligence business?

And yes, Nik was at Pete's I think or otherwise the suitcase wouldn't have been there? Or do you think it was Nik's apartment? Why do I feel as if I'll have to re-watch that scene now

I thought Red's and Liz's decision right as well
Old 10-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I loved this episode! Loved the blacklister. Finally a good one again. I really didn't see it coming she was going to shoot herself either or that Red was going to propose that but she did what she had to do out of love for her son.

OMG Nik! Who killed him and who the hell took those bones? It's definitly not Tom cause he was with Liz. Do you think Red found out and had him killed? Guess we know now who's funeral we will see next week. Nik was definitly at Pete's apartment. He told Tom he was going to swing by on his way home to see what was going on. So now the question also is; where is Pete? or did Pete kill Nik?

Liz looks more like Red every day and she continues to not see that. She keeps saying that she doesn't want to be like Red but she is already like Red and I think she should just embrace that instead of fighting it. Tom in this is of course not helping either

So I guess Red is adding another member to his new team with the mail man guy.

Sadly no Aram/Samar or Ressler and Prescott..
Old 10-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

For all the bad they say about Red he has morals and principles and Liz does too.

Maybe Pete did kill Nik. We don't know. And see Nik shouldn't have been running around checking on those bones. Once he found Pete, he should have let Tom handle it.

Yeah Kris you and I are on the same page about being remind of Katsrina. And reading your statements I thought of Alexander Kirks blood disease but he's not the dad. I saw so many parallels. Just nothing that made me feel like I had an answer. I really struggle with Red killing Katarina.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Tom also handled it but Nik shouldn't have snooped around cause he didn't know with who he was dealing, Not that he deserved this but it was definitly a man that killed Nik, looking at the posture.

Yes that is true about Red and Liz, Marilyn.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Just when you think Tom has hit his stride as a hypocritical jerk... he sinks to a new low! I mean, really... stealing Liz's credentials. Oh yeah, and then he has the nerve to crow about Red being a sinner! <headdesk> I am so sick of Tom and Liz.

Red getting his foot in the door of a new business.... I like it! LOL! Granted it's catering to criminals, but he's gotta have cash back! I think he's getting a little stir crazy being in one place for so long.

Cooper talking to Liz.... Ok, I could see where he was coming from; a sworn officer of the law and everything, but I'll side with Liz on this one. A killer is dead, and she gave her life to save a child who could grow up strong and healthy.

As for Nick.... his death is all on Tom. No IFs, ANDs, or BUTs about it. Tom is the cause for this one. Nick didn't even want to help in the first place!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Nik's death is on Tom I agree. But Nik did have a choice. He could have also said no cause what was Tom going to do? I don't think Tom would have used extreme measures like Red to get Nik to work with Tom.

I think Cooper should reprimand Liz if he doesn't agree with what she is doing and not just say that he doesn't agree with was she is doing cause she doesn't care I think.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Liz got Nik to save Red when he was shot. And I think Nik could have left after that. I think he continued working with Red because he wanted to. Red obviously let him go after the fake death when we all thought him dead.

I keep seeing the ending with Red realizing the only solution for the blacklister was suicide. It's just like I was seen by the whole Cape May episode again and Katarinas suicide again. Even for Red to realize she had to kill herself to save her child it was Cape May again.

I just can't reconcile this with Katarinas bones in the suitcase. I keep thinking that even if Red somehow recovered the body, why bury her like that? Unless he was trying to hide her from her enemies? I know that's lame.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Once you work for Red or did something for Red, you can't just walk out like that. Nik was scared of Red I think so that is why he continued to work for him. If he would have told Red he wanted out, Red would have let him go just like he did with Emma from the Harem.

I don't think there was any other option for the blacklister to commit suicide either. She wanted her son to get better and this was the only option.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Honestly, I don't believe that Nik could have walked away... I still think that he had to work for Red because he requested that money. This was something that he shouldn't have done in this situation and it was clear that there'd be consequences.

I as well have no ideas why Red would have kept Katarina's bones in a suitcase buried wherever she was buried It doesn't make any sense to me either. If that's Katarina's bones at all. But everything else would make even less sense to me.

Quote:
As for Nick.... his death is all on Tom. No IFs, ANDs, or BUTs about it. Tom is the cause for this one. Nick didn't even want to help in the first place!
Absolutely my opinion... Tom shouldn't have dragged him into this again. I know that Nik very well could have said no but honestly, Nik doesn't have a clue what kind of danger he's getting himself into. Tom knows better... He grew up living this life.
And still I believe in the end they'll all blame it on Red again because he dragged Nik into his life at first.
Reply   Post New Thread