Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

5x14: "MR. RALEIGH SINCLAIR III" Episode Discussion Thread (02/28/2018 @ 8PM)

5x14 | Mr. Raleigh Sinclair III
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Red (James Spader) assists the Task Force in tracking a mysterious Blacklister who carefully develops airtight alibis for murderous clients. Meanwhile, Liz's (Megan Boone) reinstatement at the FBI hinges on an evaluation with a psychotherapist (guest star Martha Plimpton.)

Last edited by Miranda; 04-26-2018 at 10:37 AM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks for starting this Kris! Can't wait to see it.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You're welcome

I really can't wait for tomorrow in the evening either
Old 02-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Darn it I spent the whole episode convinced the Alibi is the one who changed our Red's features into the way he looks now. I am so bummed.

So what does Red need him for? Whose identity does he need copied?

And Liz at the end talking about the ballet. No, just no. That's a memory for Red and his daughter, the one I am convinced died on Christmas Eve. Is she really going to be his daughter?

So Singleton is not a dirty cop. Garvey is using him to get to Red. I was tricked again. But she did have cameras. You all were right!!!

I loved that Red helps homeless people and how he looked when he buried the ladies friend. He had tears in his eyes. Totally beautiful moment.

I hate the therapist. She got in Red's face. That was really crazy though. I don't think any true therapist would do that. And why the extreme hate for him. Was it a little personal?

So was the alibi's name Raleigh Sinclair? I missed that.

I loved he and Reds scene together..

So Garvey can't get to Red and he needs Liz. I just don't get it. And Singleton has no idea the Nash Syndicate is run by his co workers.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

See I told you so about Liz having cameras in her house! I am glad though that she did otherwise she would have never known he was in there and that he is a dirty cop.

Okay why in the hell did Liz take Singleton to the Post Office? She knows he is a dirty cop.. what is she planning and why is she doing this? She is playing right into his hands..

Red and the therapist in the car was hilarious.

Liked the episode overall. Good blacklister.

Yes the alibi's name is Raleigh Sinclair
Old 03-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Singleton is a dirty cop. He is a good cop. And Garvey intends to use him to find ,Red. I think Singleton has no idea that agarvey is dirty.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I'm with Marilyn here I was confused at first as well but it seems to be true... It seems as if Singleton really is a good cop that has no idea about his boss being a dirty one. And especially being used by him now to do his dirty work. I feel really sorry for Singleton.

But nice step from Liz That's her only way to get to Garvey...

Liz and her therapy sessions, I love them! It gives us some insight. And the mention of the ballet This shocked me, really... Shall he really be her father, shall she really have been the girl that he was going to watch each year on the same day and later on the play still performed by others?
And Liz sees both sides of him. She does OMFG, my poor heart

I was wondering what he was planning or is planning with him as well... What does he need him for? It actually wasn't one of the names on the list. He needed him.

Oh, and I somehow like the therapist, just because she isn't one that will give in easily. I think it's really too important that she doesn't and I at least hope that she'll continue to have sessions with Liz.
Besides, her being dirty as well is an intriguing though and I love that, too

Okay, me again, who was Raleigh Sinclair?
Old 03-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, so I was wrong about Singleton.... he's not a dirty cop... Dude just has some serious boundary issues!

I think that therapist is a little sketchy... but that's just me.

JOHN NOBLE and JAMES SPADER!!!! YES!!!! I loved their scenes!! And I didn't care what was happening in them! LOL!

Garvey.... dude needs to be hit with the KARMA bus... and then run over a few times. I don't like him at all!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Her hatred of Red seemed personal? But yeah something is off. She had to meet Red? Why? That would not happen in real life. It just makes me think she works with Garvey.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Maybe she is just a fan of Red Joking of course. I thought it really strange as well but I'm wondering if the writers haven't thought about how strange it is and just gone ahead with it because they thought it nice.

Tari, boundary issues is well said. So true... He's breaking into her apartment That is really crazy! And he knew that she would know. How weird is that?

And still I'm curious if he'll survive all of it.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Maybe she is just a fan of Red Joking of course. I thought it really strange as well but I'm wondering if the writers haven't thought about how strange it is and just gone ahead with it because they thought it nice.

Tari, boundary issues is well said. So true... He's breaking into her apartment That is really crazy! And he knew that she would know. How weird is that?

And still I'm curious if he'll survive all of it.

Singleton says he's a good cop, and he's not dirty... but clean can he really be if he's breaking into people's apartments? o_O

He probably won't survive... Liz leaves a lot of collateral damage in her wake these days.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Darn it I spent the whole episode convinced the Alibi is the one who changed our Red's features into the way he looks now. I am so bummed.

So what does Red need him for? Whose identity does he need copied?

And Liz at the end talking about the ballet. No, just no. That's a memory for Red and his daughter, the one I am convinced died on Christmas Eve. Is she really going to be his daughter?

So Singleton is not a dirty cop. Garvey is using him to get to Red. I was tricked again. But she did have cameras. You all were right!!!

I loved that Red helps homeless people and how he looked when he buried the ladies friend. He had tears in his eyes. Totally beautiful moment.

I hate the therapist. She got in Red's face. That was really crazy though. I don't think any true therapist would do that. And why the extreme hate for him. Was it a little personal?

So was the alibi's name Raleigh Sinclair? I missed that.

It was thinking the same thing about the Alibi being the one who changed Red. The ballet statement stuck out to me too. However, I believe it could be possible that Katerina was a ballerina. I keep thinking about the pilot being called The General's Daughter. The little girl was a ballerina. Could that have been a hint? Could Dom have been a general? What about Gorgy's photo in the weird apartment of Red's? I am not backing down on the Red is Katarina thing. Would it make sense in the case of it being her apartment? Remember how they showed a cat in the apartment too? that could have been a clue as well

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 03-03-2018 at 11:33 AM
SeaRahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yeah, Tari... I as well assume he won't survive That sucks... Because I really think he could be a good guy.

Cindy, hey there

I love you pointing out the parallels between the daughter in the pilot being a ballerina and Liz being one in the past Or you thinking Katarina was? But why would Red have watched her as a little girl? I doubt he has done so.

But Dom, yes, he very well could have been a general (although I don't recall the name of the pilot being The Generals Daughter ). He could have been, yes. But could a general have been an agent?

And how do you think the cat could be a clue?
Old 03-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Gorgys photo?

I love your thoughts about the Generals daughter. Perhaps the parallel is that someone wanted to kidnap Masha to cause harm just like the child in the Pilot. I also like your ideas about the ballerina and Katarina liking the ballet.

You know though, I do not recall any previous mention of Liz being a ballerina. That's why her comments at the end through me so much.

Tari, we will probably see John Noble again since Red needs him.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 03-03-2018 at 11:58 AM
Fangirl49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I have no idea what Gorgy's photo cold mean. I know there were a lot of photos and maybe she means the one of Masha and Katarina? Or that guy's picture or so? There was a young man, right?

Nope, we didn't hear about her interest in being a ballerina either but there never was a reason why it should be mentioned Maybe it was just something that didn't come up. I'm wondering about her memories, any signs in there?

I soooo hope that we'll see a lot of these guys again! John Noble, Delores and the therapist! Love them all!
Reply   Post New Thread