Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

5x19: "IAN GARVEY: CONCLUSION" Episode Discussion Thread (04/25/2018 @ 8PM)

5x19 | Ian Garvey: Conclusion
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

Banner by Miranda

episode synopsis
Liz (Megan Boone) uses intel from an unexpected source to force a race with Red (James Spader) to uncover the secrets he holds, as Red initiates a plan to retrieve the duffel bag of bones.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-27-2018 at 12:27 PM
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Thanks Kris! Can't wait to see the episode!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Me neither! I'm super excited!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

As I watch tonights episode, I am typing my thoughts.

RED CALLED LIZ "ENTITLED"!!! OMGFS!!!!! I never thought that would happen!!

Red: I won't tell you something that's none of your business, that was none of Tom's business. You may feel entitled to know what it is because he died trying to figure out what it was. But, you're not. A fact which I have patiently tried to get you to understand.

I think this is the best thing I have ever heard him say to her. He legit put her in her place.

WHAT FRAK ARE THEY DOING TO ARAM AND SAMAR!!!! OMG!!!

He gave back her keys.... She's going to bring him his stuff!!! NO!!!! THIS WAS THE ONLY HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP!!! WTBFH!!!!!!!

JOHN NOBLE IS BACK!!! YAY!!!!

James Spader and John Noble together again!!! EVEN BETTER!!! Plus Red saying, "Let's have a little fun!"

Tony going "OMG! I murdered a Drug Lord!" was hilarious!!

I honestly thought he was doubling Red, but when he whipped that mask off and showed he was doubling Garvey!!OMG! that was brilliant!

And.... Liz is still an idiot.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Damn this episode was sooo amazing!!!

We still didn't get answers but I hope in the last 3 we will get some more answers.

The scene at the bar between Red, Liz, Garvey and Jennifer was keeping me at the edge of my seat! I didn't expect Red to meet Jennifer like this and even though with how Liz has been acting to Red lately, I couldn't even imagine that she would really shoot him if he would shoot Garvey. How does she even know if Garvey would tell her the truth..

So I think Garvey is dead and he won't be able to say anything anymore. I do wonder why he told Jennifer that: "Everything you've believed for the last 30 years has been a lie. You've spent a lifetime hiding for no reason." what does that mean? That Red is not her father? I need to know!!

So Jennifer talking about Red leaving her on Christmas Eve.. I am glad she said it was on Christmas Eve but she told a different story than Red did. Red told Madeline Pratt that when he came home all he saw was blood. So that tells me that his wife and daughter were murdered. This is what Jennifer told Red in this episode:

"I'm your daughter. The one you abandoned 28 years ago on Christmas Eve. Did you think of me at all? In my pink room, in my pink pajamas, waiting for Santa.
When I went to sleep, my world was perfect, and when I woke up, it was destroyed.
My daddy gone. Did he just leave? Was it an accident? We didn't know.
All we knew was my daddy my good, kind, and decent daddy was gone. And then come to find out you weren't good or kind or decent. You were a traitor. And we were sent into hiding. From you. From my father. And I'm telling you this because if you are at all happy to see me, which I'm sure you're not, but if there's one shred of relief that I made it through this ordeal, it's because of Ian. He saved me."

Something completely different. This looks like he just left like that. So which story is true? Red's? or Jennifer's? I really hope we will get an answer to that.

Anthony playing Garvey's double was such a good twist! I really thought he was going to be a double for Red!

Can't get over that this was such an amazing episode! The only thing I didn't like was Aram and Samar! WHY?! Why did they have to break up...
Old 04-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Be upset. Blame me. Howl at the moon for all I care. Woohoo you tell her Red! And damn it. I was howling. Garvey was just about to tell Jennifer the identity of the bones and Liz bursts in the door to arrest him. I'm like, you idiot. Can you not wait one minute? I mean seriously could she not hear them through the door? It seemed like she could so why not eavesdrop and get the story.

Liz threatened to shoot Red. You heard it from me first but I actually thought she would go through with it. She pissed me off with that move.

Red had no idea who Jennifer was. That's what I saw on his face no hint of recognition. Now I'm sorry but if he was her dad, he would know her and he would have kept up with her. Her speech about the night he didn't come home. See there's two Christmas Eve stories, one that happened to Jennifer and another that happened to our Red.

Tony playing Garvey. No I did not see that coming. They got me good with that. How awesome. And Reds plan was amazing!

Aram willingly worked with Red after telling him Liz was mad at him. I think Aram still has faith in Red. He seemed to trust him no matter what.

Aram and Samar just no. Don't do this.

Btw I liked the office scene with Red and Cooper and the team.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I don't get why Liz didn't wait a little longer either. She could have gotten a lot of information if she just waited. Also it was pretty dumb that she didn't search Garvey for any weapons. If she had done that then he could have never shot at Red and they wouldn't have had to shoot back at Garvey and then he wouldn't have died cause I still think he died.

But when we saw Garvey with the bag, he had filled it with branches. Where do you think he left the bones?

I guess you were right that Liz was going to shoot Red at some point Marilyn.. I am glad though she didn't do it.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Is Jennifer evil? Does she have the bones? No I don't think so. But I don't know what he did with them.

Yeah Liz was beyond stupid. Why go in there before he told the identity of the bones.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Oookay, what an episode... At least I'm now convinced that in general Jennifer isn't evil or a bad person. But now, with him dead, I have no idea how that might change her. Especially since Liz shot him.

But yeah, lets start from scratch. Aram and Samar, WTF???? I can't believe that this stupid ring and Ressler and Liz led to this!!! It makes me so angry! Why doesn't he get what she wanted to tell him by giving the ring back?

Red and his team... Amazing. I love Anthony and I was really surprised by him doubling Garvey and not Red. I knew as soon as they got away from the scene... When he got in the car and was saying 'I'm driving, I'm driving' or something like that I knew. I in general was confused how great he was mimicking Red and yeah, him really being Red and not a double just made sense Great trick though.

And still I can't believe that the real Garvey was causing a car accident and got away Dembe and Red weren't at their best there...

Liz... Puh, what shall I say. She's such an idiot... It being Tom's dying wish to tell her the truth. I doubt that because if so he would have told her in the car. Liz, get your crap together finally. You're just annoying.
And her point a gun on Red and wanting to shoot him. She would never have shot him. And if though, she nevertheless wouldn't have gotten answers.

The Jennifer/Red story... I still believe the death/murder of his family was stages. I believe Red that there was blood but he never said anything about their bodies being there. Maybe there was just the blood and they were gone and he assumed them dead? What if it was staged by those people who were framing Red (which I still believe since we still have this question in the mythology OP). And they could have told Naomi and Jennifer lies as well... About him having abandoned them and so on How would they each know the truth?
Old 04-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Omg kris. I was just like you. Looking at tony thinking he looks just like Red. And then Red started saying a lot of words and I thought I think that's Red so I thought that tony must be going to impersonate him later.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Feels like her husband has cost Liz some of her brain cells ... I couldn't believe that she was that dense. She's definitely not Red's kid .

Aram/Samar ... they kept pushing Tom and Liz, but break up Aram/Samar after five minutes of them being together .

At this point, I'm watching for Spader. With the double talk they kept doing with Red being declared NOT Liz's father to them trying to say he was her father all along ... I hope they turn it into an interesting imposter story. It was a far more interesting dynamic when they said Red never lies to Liz to what we've got now: Liz threatening his life every single moment she doesn't get her way, throwing tantrums, and then feeling "entitled" (good word, Red!) to know everything ... really not sure where they're going.
EDMUND & FLORENCE (THE BOOKSHOP)

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-28-2018 at 01:40 PM
Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Totally agree about Aram and Samar. And Lizs brain cells.

Yeah all this has definitely taken away from the show Liz is too whiny now.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Feels like the show's focus on her husband's death for so long has cost Liz some of her brain cells ... I couldn't believe that she was that dense. She's definitely not Red's kid .
Liz being married to Tom, not once, but three times, made her deaf, dumb, and blind!!! Now the idiot is dead, she's still stupid.

Red calling Liz ENTITLED was something I thought would NEVER come out of his mouth!! I am so happy that it did!! Cause she acts like an entitled, ungrateful little brat.

I am so NOT HAPPY with what they are doing to Aram and Samar!
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:50 AM
New Fan

This season has been amazing and its truly rare to see a show continue to keep getting better after this much time. Some things I took from this episode.

Is it just me or did Red and Ian share some really big things in common? Especially the covers they used for criminal activity to keep Liz and Jennifer safe.

What Ian said to Jennifer about the past 30 years being a lie. I still have to wonder is she really Jennifer.

The last second switch by Sinclair to to have Tony double Garvey was a true stroke of genius.

I hope im wrong here but I'm worried something may happen to Samar or Aram. The way things work on this show is what scares me here. Just as soon as they patch things up then BOOM!! I sure hope im wrong here.

The look on Red's face as Jennifer spoke. It was almost like there was some confusion and by that I mean im not sure he's sold on her being Jennifer. Also explaining the different stories as to what really took place that Christmas Eve.

These last 3 episodes will be amazing and hopefully some answers are unearthed one way or another.
JayT2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

The Jennifer/Red story... I still believe the death/murder of his family was stages. I believe Red that there was blood but he never said anything about their bodies being there. Maybe there was just the blood and they were gone and he assumed them dead? What if it was staged by those people who were framing Red (which I still believe since we still have this question in the mythology OP). And they could have told Naomi and Jennifer lies as well... About him having abandoned them and so on How would they each know the truth?
This was my first thought too.
I genuinly think jennifer is in the dark about everything, she and her family were taken by the police or whoever, and then the house was staged to look like there had been a murder, for what reason I dont know.
Maybe to make Red look elsewhere or to stop looking or to get revenge on other people and blame others.
But either way I think jennifers story is true, or what she believes.

The only thing that makes me wonder is what Garvey told her about the last 30 years being a lie.. that makes you think has he been lying to her about who she is? about her dad? about why she was moved/taken? Was her dad someone else and they always made her believe it was Red? But why? Doesnt make any sense.
This whole suitcase/bones thing is going on for too long now. I want more answers and they always seem to drag it out. Starting to get frustrated with Red. Clearly Liz should know, or he wouldnt be hiding it from her so much. even if he says its nothing to do with her, Tom wanted to tell her, so maybe she DOES have a right to know. If its something to do with her family or her childhood then she should. Its just his opinion that she isnt entitled to know. (Thats if it is anything to do with her)
On the other hand if its to do with his other family then I guess she doesnt need to know. But Garvey knows and whats interesting is that he wanted questions answered by Red about the suitcase, and seems that it made sense when he found out that Liz was his daughter.
Marauders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread