Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

The Post-Office [Off-Topic] #19: Good news is what we love to hear, but we'll be there in bad times, too.

The Post Office [Off-Topic] #19

Another new one I'm so great we've reached the 19th OT thread already

So guys, what's new for you?

Did I mention that my blood work is really bad again. I had to call my doctor in Dresden yesterday. She told me to take a higher dose of my medication for now and see if the blood work gets better. If not in the next eight days, I need to go see her in between my normal rhythm. I'm a tiny little bit in a sad mood because of it right now but it's not too bad
Lauren Helen Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

What exactly does it mean when your blood work is bad? I'm glad your dr caught it in time and can help you feel better. I hope it gets better.

This guy I work with went home last night had a heart attack and died. We were all shocked. He was in his 50s.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Oh god that is so horrible Marilyn. I am very sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Sorry to hear your blood work is bad again Kris. Glad though that the doctor caught it. I can imagine you are sad, I would be too.

Nothing much going on with me. I am working so much now that when I come at home at night, I eat, shower, post, watch tv and go to bed. But I love that I get to work fulltime now!
Old 04-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You know, I caught it myself before because of my extreme low number of blood plates the blood starts to bleed into my skin, it starts with the legs and you get tons of tiny little red spots under your skin on your legs. My legs look funny then. And the worse it gets, the lower my blood plates are. So should we not catch it in time, it's possible that I'll get spontaneous inner bleedings and might die of it It's kind of scary because you don't feel bad or anything if that happens... But I'm used to it already. Besides, my red blood cells are way too low as well which again means I'm anemic (but when am I not, right? ). I just hope the medication helps.

Marilyn, that is really so sad I'm sorry to hear that

Aww, Miranda, I know how you might feel. But it's worth it, right? And there'll be times again when you have more time.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Well so glad you caught it in time yourself then! I really hope you medication will help soon so that your blood work will become better again.

Yes it is all worth it Kris. I love my job.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad you caught it in time. I worry about you.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I think the medication is working The red blood spots on my legs are about to disappear. I hope it'll continue like that

Miranda, I really can tell It's so different to when you had your old job. You're different, there is nothing you ever complain about. I really have a feeling you love it.

So, I cleaned the house today I'm so happy I'm done with it for the weekend.

And this week they started with our frontage. And it looks so good already. On Tuesday the worker should be done with the first layer of it. Then it needs to dry for 14 days and afterwards he'll put on the second layer which is a much thinner one I really can't wait for him to be done. After the second layer has dried another week, the frontage will be painted!
Old 04-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

That is so sweet you notice that Kris. I don't have anything to complain about. I really love it and I have a lot less colleagues so less drama.

Sounds good Kris! Can't wait to see what it is going to look like when it is done.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Exactly... You've got a lot less (like none) colleague drama and I really notice how happy you are. You would never complain about the over hours you do because you love it. It's such a difference to before. Then there isn't the far distance, the long drive.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what it's going to look like either

Yesterday I worked some in the garden. I really enjoyed it and it looks so good now
Old 04-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Miranda I am so glad you are happy. It makes such a difference having a job you like!!

We're getting new vinyl windows starting tomorrow so we've been working like crazy trying to get ready for the installation.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yeah it is such a big difference if you like your job. I liked my other job as well but it was so far away and a lot more drama then with my current one. I also have a lot more responsibilities and I like that.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You mean you're getting new windows at work, Marilyn? Or at home? I'm really curious now?
Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

At home. They're doing the installation today. I can't wait to see it.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

So how did the windows turn out Marilyn?
Old 04-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

They look great. They are finishing up today. I'm sitting at the dr office waiting on my husband to get a procedure on his back. I am soooooo hungry.