Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

I missed the first of the ep but very interesting ep. Loved Saanvi and Michaela working together-I loved it when Saanvi said "touch another one" and convinced her to.
The Jared/Michaela-I'm torn because I want these 2 together and I got it-but don't like the way it was done...too fast. He should have told his wife first and tried to explain...weird situation. There is no way now that the two women could stay friends.
I just can't stand Grace or Danny right now. They can just hop in a car and drive away together, as far as I'm concerned. Both are non-essential characters. Olive, tho, is. Because of Cal.
The government guy, who worked with Vince, has already been taken. That was FAST! How do you fight these people when they just kidnap anyone who gets in their way? Creepy.
NBC did show the promo because I saw it. It was so short, ya blink and ya missed it.
The pilot-did he kidnap the Dr. - I can't remember her name...not Saanvi but the one in charge...?
twilightfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

One of the commentaries the writers released during the hiatus pointed out that everything that happens in the periphery is for the benefit of the passengers. And because this story is concentrated on the Stones, that means Mick, Ben and Cal.

With that in mind, here are my thoughts on what might happen with the relationship drama:

Grace’s story would only be with Danny going forward if they are going to write her off completely or down to a recurring role that just answers the door when Ben comes to see the kids. If she is to remain a viable character she is going to have to be involved in the mystery through Cal and/or Ben is going to be moving back home eventually, even if it is in the basement just to protect Cal from the Major.

Danny’s purpose was fulfilled with this episode. Ben realized what Grace and Olive lost with his return. Olive realized her actions with Danny were hurting her father because she saw his pain. And everyone realized Cal has no place in “the family that we built” as opposed to “this family” with Ben. The culmination was Grace saying he should not be there because it was a family matter, meaning he is not part of their family. She might get with him down the road offscreen later if they are writing her off but his purpose in the family drama has been served and the camera watching him walk away seems like a goodbye scene for the audience. The only way he stays in the story now is if he is part of the conspiracy.

No idea if Ben and Grace will eventually reunite. But it will be at least a couple of seasons before any romance with Ben and another person (Saanvi or whoever) would be believable as more than a rebound fling. The passengers have only been back a little more than a month by the timeline and Ben still completely loves his wife, even if he cannot be with her. Falling in love with someone else so soon would just ruin his character as the devoted and loyal family man by making him fickle. Season 3 (if they get ones) or perhaps even the finale of season 2 would likely be the earliest if they go that route.

I think Michaela might feel so much guilt that she and Jared implode under it. I would be surprised if everything is settled there with them being together. I think that triangle might just be heating up for the rest of the season as they both feel guilty about hurting Lourdes, Michaela especially as she is a sensitive, caring person who normally self sacrifices for others who just betrayed her lifelong best friend.

Ben and Mick are also going to be busy chasing down the Major to save Cal that they may choose to not deal with any personal issues from now until the finale. Doubtful but there is the possibility that Michaela says she does not want to deal with it now. Grace has already said she is not ready for any decisions. So they might all backburner for a while and the focus move completely to the mystery.
Austenphile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Soul Care

That comment from Grace excluding Danny from the family was telling for me. I am hoping it means he will be gone by the end of the season.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

From your lips to the writers’ ears
will never change for us at all
derek shepherd | charmed | յ ɑ յ ҽ 💌
never broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Soul Care

I need him goneeeee!!!

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

I'm not really sure what couples to root for on this show, to be honest. Did not like the way Mick and Jared reconnected. I don't think Grace should be with Ben, but he should be with his kids.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

It’s hard to root for any of them tbh. The only relationships I am really rooting for are Ben/Mick and Ben/Cal.

I am giving Grace until the end of the season to get with the program, provided she does not get back with Danny. Mostly because Cal deserves an intact family, and Ben still loves her and he deserves to get what he wants.

I think something might happen to Lourdes that will make Michaela feel guilty. No way is that relationship going to be smooth after the cheating. Jared had 10 days to tell Lourdes after his accident. And he could easily have swung by his house and told her before telling Mick. But there are no kids involved so I am not bothered either way as to how it goes.

I am far more interested in what is going to happen with Olive/Ben though than either couple.

Last edited by Austenphile; 01-12-2019 at 10:29 AM
Old 01-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Soul Care

I don't think Jared actually made the decision until Michaela tried to cut him out of her life, but he knew going over there what he planned on saying, so he should have gone to Lourdes first.

I think Olive/Ben is the big one to think about. I also want more of Michaela and the kids.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

I agree with you Leigh. I don't think that Jared made a decision not until Michaela shut him out. But yes he should have gone to Lourdes first. Then it would have been more honest for all parties but I still love the fact that he finally admitted to Michaela that he still loves her and that she is the one for him.

I really don't know what to think about Grace, I totally that she moved on with Danny because she thought that Ben was dead but the way she has been acting since Ben is back is not fair. Not any of them. Not to Ben or the kids or Danny. I know it must be hard but she needs to make decision. What did they expect? To just pick up where they left off 5 years ago?
Old 01-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Soul Care

I don't even mind him telling Michaela first, I just think that when he decided to tell her first he had an obligation to make sure nothing was acted on. It would have been simpler to talk to Lourdes first.

What complicates it is that for Ben and Cal it hasn't been five years. She never tried to talk to Ben about how she felt about everything though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes it would have been things simpler if he would have talked to Lourdes first before sleeping with Mic. I wonder if he will feel guilty that he did that.

True. She doesn't seem to understand that it hasn't been 5 years for them. I wish she would have talked to him about her feelings. They both should have talked about their feelings and how things should have continued.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

I think Grace does understand the 5 years never happened for Ben. He never fully got that they happened for her because she never told him how she felt. They tried to pretend the 5 years never happened and it blew up in their face at the first sign of discord. We’ll see what happens now that it is all on the table.

And I don’t see how Jared and Mick cannot feel guilty. But maybe not?
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Soul Care

I think they have to, really.

Leigh Tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread