Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Angels & Demons {Camerlengo Patrick McKenna} #4: He was really hot. Get it? Really HOT.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I hope people didn't start a friendship with her B/C Ewan is her dad. I'll admit, I would've gone to her house every day after school for a glimpse of him.
That would be terrible. I bet there are a lot of celebrity kids that have to worry about that. But, you probably wouldn't have to worry about little kids doing that. It's the teenagers that might. So, basically, celebrity kids should stay tight with their childhood friends and not make any new ones past the age of 13.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

That is a difficult feat.

And OMG at this thread title. I can't form words.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Is this thread title inappropriate? At least I didn't make any BBQ jokes.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

The way he off'd himself was so extreme. Couldn't he have been shot instead? That's a *tiny* bit less traumatic.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

He wouldn't be the first religious fanatic to go to those extremes. Buddhist monks used to do that to protest during the Vietnam war.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

*shudders*

I think out of all the ways to die, a person burning frightens me the most.
On a shallow note, pretty people shouldn't ever die in a way that ruins their prettiness.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well, dead is dead, so prettiness or not I don't think it matters how someone dies as long as it is as painless as possible. Burning alive is definitely one of the more excruciating ways to go. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

How many other Ewan characters have died in the end? Patrick, obvs. And Ed Bloom, technically. Anyone else? The Ghost Writer, I guess.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Directors LOVE to make pretty people die in ways that ruin their prettiness. I was watching a very very very very very bad horror movie with Colin that centers on an alien invasion. His character almost makes it to the end, but then the alien ate his face, and I was like, Yep the director probably chose that way for him to die b/c he knows he's pretty. And probably b/c his good-looks made him a cheating a--hole, so it had to be destroyed/targeted.

People debated whether Alex Law died. I like to think he survived, but I guess we can add him to the list. And Christian died in a metephoric way when Satine died. Did he die in Cassandra's Dream? I can't remember. And then there's Obi-wan.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

I conveniently forgot that Obi Wan died.

Did he die in Haywire, too? I forget.

None of his characters died the way Fr. Patrick did.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

It's easy to forget that Obi-wan died b/c it was Alec who did the death scene.

I never saw Haywire. It's still on my Netflix.

And I hope none of his characters die in a horribly insane way like Father Patrick again.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Elite Fan

I remembered Ed Bloom died even though Albert Finney did that death scene. Obi Wan died, but came back as Holo-Obi so it wasn't like he was dead and gone.

Oh, sorry if I spoiled Haywire. But, I don't remember how it ended so it's not really a spoiler. I wasn't a big fan of that film and barely paid attention, tbh.

Fr. Patrick was Italian in the book. His name was Fr. Carlo.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Haywire is at the bottom of my list of Ewan movies to see.

I'm glad they didn't force him to do an Italian accent b/c it would've sucked.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

I remember when he was first cast I was surprised, and then they revealed that they were changing the character to suit Ewan. It made sense.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

They took out the fact that Carlo/Partick was related to the pope in the movie, right?